Genesis

Down the Rabbit Hole

Kyuhyun began to wander around aimlessly.

On the way, he found a young, brown-haired man with a pirate patch and a hat (the sort of hat that Jack Sparrow wears, I don't know what it's called), sitting on a funny-looking stool with his legs dangling.

 

"O' hoy, sailor!" exclaimed the pirate, or whatever he was. "You look like you're a bit lost!"

"Who are you?" Kyuhyun asked, because the pirate didn't seem old enough to be a pirate, and what's more, the pirate's voice was more like a girl's than a pirate's.

"Me?" the pirate landed before Kyuhyun, and swept the latter's body with a 'I'm checking you out' kind of gaze. "I'm the Captain of this ship!"

"Ship?" Kyuhyun furrowed his brow. "I can see no such thing."

"Well, of course!" the so-called Captain chuckled. "Because you're right in it!"

"Does that mean the rabbit man's here, too?"

"Where?" the Captain raised his eyebrow.

"In the ship." Kyuhyun replied.

"What ship?" the Captain scowled at Kyuhyun as if the latter was talking nonsense.

"The ship that you said you were the Captain of!"

"Oh, you can't possibly be talking about a ship that sails across the ocean." the Captain eyed Kyuhyun in disbelief.

"What ship are you talking about, then?" Kyuhyun demanded, slightly annoyed.

"I'm talking about a ship that sails across the ELF's mind." the Captain announced proudly. "It never sinks because the fan girl imagination knows no end."

"I'm not quite getting it." Kyuhyun gathered his eyebrows together.

"But you will!" said the Captain, pointing a finger at Kyuhyun. "Fans will not let you go without a partner. I mean, I found a partner, too, thanks to them!"

"Who's your partner?" Kyuhyun asked in an unenthusiastic voice.

"The Red King!" the Captain squealed. "Hail the Red King!....uh, and his turtles."

"The Red King?"

"Find the Red King, and he'll tell you where your beloved rabbit went."

"Are you sure?" Kyuhyun brightened up at the information. "Thanks, uh- what's your name?"

"Dodo." the Captain answered nonchalantly.

"Dodo?" Kyuhyun lifted his eyebrow in bewilderment.

"Because I've gone a bit dodo!" the Captain cracked up laughing, slapping Kyuhyun's back.

"Yeah, I can tell." Kyuhyun said under his breath.

 

The Captain named Dodo wouldn't quit laughing, although there was nothing funny.

He was now crying out of high-pitched laughter, banging the ground with his fist.

 

"O-kay." Kyuhyun said slowly. "Well, um, thanks....Dodo. I better g-"

"Wait, what did you just call me?" Dodo's insane laughter abruptly ceased and he shot a death glare at Kyuhyun. "Did you just call me dodo?"

"Yes, I did." Kyuhyun nodded. "That's your name, isn't it?"

"Ha! I'm extremely offended!" Dodo, or whatever the he was, crossed his arms at the chest. "Nobody ever called me dodo before, not even the Red King! That's very rude of you to call someone dodo when you met him for the first time! Learn some manners!"

"Well, what IS your name, then?" Kyuhyun said in a 'I give up' tone.

"The name's Ryeowook!" the Captain shouted. "You should show some respect and address me as Captain Dodo!"

"Right, thank you, Captain Do- I mean, Ryeowook."

"What a nice boy!" Ryeowook patted Kyuhyun on the shoulder. "I am very impressed with your manners, you must be from a noble family! Come, come, sit! Let me cook for you!"

 

Kyuhyun was dumb-founded at first at the unexpected suggestion, but heard his stomach grumbling, so he sat down without complaining when Ryeowook brought a chair and a table for him.

And don't ask me where the chair and the table came from.

 

"Care for salmon?" Ryeowook a wriggling fish in front of Kyuhyun's eyes, freaking out the latter.

"It's alive, for God's sake!" Kyuhyun leaped back horrified.

"Which means it's fresh!" Ryeowook drew out a pirate sword from his waistband and struck the fish on the table, cutting its head clean off.

 

Kyuhyun flinched when the food (?) was served before him.

 

"Enjoy!" Ryeowook said happily, still carrying the sword. "This is how we pirates roll!"

"Right, that's nice to know." Kyuhyun got back on his feet as he completely lost appetite. "Listen, I really should be leaving. Thank you for the....fish, Captain."

"Hold it." Ryeowook jumped to the side of Kyuhyun and whispered close in the latter's ears. "A word of warning for you, sailor. When you encounter the rabbit of your interest, make sure you handle him with care. He bites."

"Uh, yeah, I'll bear that in mind." Kyuhyun said, freeing himself from Ryeowook's grip. "Nice talking to you, bye."

"Bye bye~!" Ryeowook waved the raw fish. "Row your way to your destination!"

 

Kyuhyun moved on and continued on the path which led him to a deep forest.

Unlike up in the real world, it was all dusky around here.

What's worse, the path that Kyuhyun was relying on was nowhere to be seen once he stepped under the shadow of woods.

 

'Oh, Great.' he thought. 'Now I'm really lost.'

 

But it was too early for despair.

He sensed the presence of someone else in the woods.

Could it be...?

 

"Hello?" his tentative voice echoed into the empty air.

 

There was no response.

If this was a horror movie, it was a perfect timing for a ghost to pop out of the blue.