Deep Breaths

Scandalous

*The picture kind of represents the chaos in this chapter. x)

This might be the last update for two weeks, maybe? I have summer homework and blah. Sorry, guys! I'm not promising anything, but I'm hoping for lots of updates this summer~

Thanks for the endless support, guys! NO SILENT READERS, PLEASE. :)

- Jess


Chapter Nine

Leeteuk’s jaw dropped, but he quickly regained his composure.

It looked like his boys did a better job than he expected. He would have to thank whoever helped style Taeyeon. Leeteuk sighed deeply on the inside and wished more than anything that Taeyeon was his at that moment.

Technically, she was.

And at the press conference, he would have to make sure that it seemed like she was his.

Thinking about it, the task didn’t seem so difficult. Leeteuk knew that when it came time for the real thing...

It would not be easy.

Leeteuk shook his head, trying to relieve his nerves.

“Taeyeon...wow, you look...”

“Stupid? Horrible? Messy?” Taeyeon smiled nervously.

“Beautiful,” Leeteuk said honestly, a slight blush creeping up to his cheeks.

Taeyeon grinned, regaining her confidence from Leeteuk’s one compliment. “You don’t look too bad yourself, Jungsoo-oppa.”

Leeteuk rolled his eyes, but he was smiling. Normally, he was annoyed when people called him by his real name. When Taeyeon said it...

Well, it was different.

Sooyoung, Yuri, Zhoumi, and Ryeowook joined the couple at the door.

“Are we going?” Sooyoung asked eagerly.

Leeteuk checked his cell phone for the time. “Yeah, we better get going.”

“I’ll get the others!” Ryeowook volunteered.

“We’re here!” Heechul announced, sauntering into the living room.

Ryeowook pouted. “Never mind.”

Everyone laughed as Sooyoung began poking his squishy cheek. “Aahh, so cute!”

“Nice job, boys.” Leeteuk complimented with a satisfied nod.

“Well, I did an amazing job if I do say so myself.” Heechul smirked, slinging an arm around Jessica and Seohyun.

“Yah, don’t just touch me whenever you feel like it!” Jessica shouted.

Heechul squeezed Jessica’s shoulder tighter and smirked. “Oh, like this?”

“YAH!”

“I did better!” Sungmin protested, pulling Sunny close as they both posed like a couple. Leeteuk was reminded of the SPAO photoshoot all of a sudden.

“Sorry, guys, but I beat you all this time.” Eunhyuk grinned lovingly at his girlfriend.

“No way. I think we all know who the best is.” Zhoumi said proudly as Yuri and Sooyoung began posing randomly.

“Um, did no one notice Tiff and Yoong?” Siwon made a big gesture with his arm towards the girls.

“Stop with the gestures.” Yoona ordered with a smile.

“He can’t help it.” Tiffany laughed, her eyes smiling.

“Aish, you can talk about it in the car!” Taeyeon rolled her eyes, exasperated. “LET’S GO!”

“Go, go! Go, go!” Leeteuk said childishly, taking hold of Taeyeon’s arm and running to the car.

“YAH! Leeteuk-oppa! I can’t run in heels!” Taeyeon shrieked.

Leeteuk stopped and began carrying Taeyeon bridal-style. “Better?”

Taeyeon blushed. “W-What are you doing?”

“We have to act like a couple, remember?” Leeteuk winked.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “I forgot that you’re a flirt.”

“Am not.”

“Are too.”

“Am not.”

“Are too.”

“Am not.”

“Are too.”

“Am not.”

“Are--”

Kyuhyun slid open the door of the van and smirked at them. “You guys gonna stand there all day and flirt or are you gonna get in the car?”

“Your wish is my command, Lord Kyu.” Leeteuk said jokingly, letting Taeyeon down gently.

Kyuhyun smiled smugly, liking the nickname, and slipped back into the car.

“Hey, don’t you wanna see Seohyun?” Taeyeon asked, settling into the seat directly behind the passenger seat, which was where Leeteuk was sitting.

Kyuhyun said nothing and looked out the window.

“Shy Kyuhyun!” Shindong remarked, guffawing.

“So cute,” Donghae teased, pinching his cheek.

“Hyung, stop it!” Kyuhyun whined.

Henry slipped on his headphones and looked at his hyungs nervously. “Are you guys gonna be loud again?”

“Maybe,” Yesung grinned evilly.

“Taeyeon-sshi, you look really pretty!” Donghae said with a cute grin.

“Aw, thanks.” Taeyeon smiled.

“No flirting.” Leeteuk said protectively.

“Then what were you just doing outside a minute ago?” Kyuhyun shot back with an evil grin, coming out of his silence.

“That was strictly business.”

Kyuhyun snorted. “Sure, okay.”

“Coming through!” Heechul said. “Clear some space!”

“Um, Teukie-hyung,” Shindong spoke up. “I don’t think there’s gonna be room for everyone.”

Leeteuk looked around the van as it began rapidly filling up with Super Junior and SNSD members. “Err...you’re right, Shindong-sshi.”

“Okay, some people need to lap-sit or something!” Taeyeon joked.

Donghae’s expression brightened. “Okay!” he moved over and sat down on Eunhyuk.

“ACK! Donghae! What are you doing?” Eunhyuk groaned in discomfort as the weight of Donghae pushed him down.

“Taeyeon said we had to ‘cause we’re running out of room.” Donghae said, making a cute puppy-dog face.

Hyoyeon grinned. “Aw, you guys are so cute together.”

Eunhyuk gaped. “Hyoyeonnie! Then what does that make us?”

“I do not approve of this relationship.” Donghae stated in a serious tone, causing Hyoyeon to laugh.

“Hey, I was being serious!” Donghae cried.

“I love you, Donghae, but I love Hyo more.” Eunhyuk said shyly.

“Hmph.” Donghae crossed his arms. “Well, fine then.”

Hyoyeon laughed. “You guys are so funny!”

“Hey, there’s no room for us!” Tiffany pouted outside the car with Sunny, Sooyoung, and Jessica standing by her.

“Stuff Sunny in the trunk!” Sungmin suggested happily.

Sunny’s jaw dropped. “You’re gonna regret saying that.”

He frowned and immediately looked apologetic. “Um, I’m sorry? Please forgive me!”

“Yah, I need room for my legs!” Sooyoung shouted. She sat on the floor between some of the seats. “Sit Indian-style so I have room!”

“Sooyoung, you are not the most important person in the world, alright?” Jessica rolled her eyes.

“No, but I’m the prettiest.”

Leeteuk and Taeyeon both covered their ears, waiting for the explosion.

“WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! I thought it was pretty clear that I am the most beautiful!” Heechul exclaimed deliriously.

“Sooyoung is NOT prettier than me!” Yuri said in a falsetto voice, giggling, pretending to join the fight.

“Let’s not forget about ME!” Shindong added, causing laughter to erupt from the members.

“I’m pretty, right?” Yoona glanced around at the oppas for approval.

“I think Sooyoungie is prettier than you.” Siwon said teasingly.

“I asked the wrong person.” Yoona stuck her tongue out immaturely. “Yesung-oppa! Am I pretty?”

“Umm...well...you see...”

“You’re pretty, Yoong!” Donghae shouted from the backseat.

“That’s why Donghae-oppa’s my favorite.” Yoona said satisfyingly, leaning back in her seat.

“You told me I was your favorite!” Ryeowook pouted.

“I thought I was clearly her favorite.” Leeteuk chuckled.

“Wait, she told me I was her favorite!” Siwon looked at Yoona suspiciously. “Are you lying to all of us?”

“Says the guy who never plays favorites,” Yoona retorted sarcastically.

“I don’t!” Siwon denied.

“OH, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!” Kyuhyun stared at his hyung in disbelief.

“That’s like saying Heechul-hyung is ugly.” Zhoumi grinned.

“I’m WHAT?”

Zhoumi quickly bowed his head many times in apology. “I was being sarcastic, hyung!”

“That better have been sarcasm...”

“Christians don’t lie, hyung!” Kyuhyun managed to shout over the noise.

Once the chaos died down, Sunny ended up sharing a seat with Taeyeon. Tiffany settled herself on Sooyoung, much to Sooyoung’s dismay.

“Forgetting someone?” Jessica called out, pouting from outside the van.

“Aish, we’re gonna be late!” Taeyeon and Leeteuk cried in unison, both checking their phones.

“Sunny, go sit on Sungmin.” Heechul instructed. “Jessica needs space.”

Sunny gaped. “Bwoh?! No way!”

“Geez, Sunny, didn’t know you hated me so much.” Sungmin faked a tear.

Sunny rolled her eyes and sat on Sungmin’s lap awkwardly, pink rising to her cheeks.

Heechul patted the open spot next to him. Jessica smiled gratefully and sat down.

Taeyeon shut the door quickly. “DRIVE, PLEASE!”

The driver stepped on the pedal abruptly and the van sped off. Heads were bumped and people were rammed against seats. Moans of discomfort could be heard from most of the members.

Tiffany glared daggers at Sungmin. Sungmin smiled innocently and waved. “Annyeong, Fany~”

“You're still in my book, Sungmin-oppa.” Tiffany stated, crossing her arms.

“But I didn’t do anything!” Sungmin protested, using aegyo.

“Hah, nice try. I’ve been around Sunny long enough to build up a resistance to that.” Tiffany declared proudly.

“Well, thanks, Fany.” Sunny frowned. “Is everyone immune to me?”

“Yes,” Eight girls replied simultaneously.

Sunny puffed out her cheeks. “Hmph.”

“Who else wants to punch her right now?” Yuri asked, gaining a majority vote from seven girls and some Super Junior members--Seohyun was immersed in a conversation with Kyuhyun.

“Whatever,” Sunny stuck her tongue out at everyone. “I’m cute!”

Sooyoung snorted. “Okay.”

“Yah, Amazon, you got something to say to me?” (A/N: An “Amazon” is like a beast, someone who’s extremely tall and large.)

“What’d you call me, Midget?!” Sooyoung fired back.

Leeteuk huffed, irritated and the radio on an instinct.

“...My first love story!”

“GEE!” Twenty-three voices cried in recognition.

“My angels...and my girls...”

“My sunshine!” SNSD sang together with Heechul overpowering them.

And Leeteuk thought the verses were bad, with a large group of people singing the hit song at the top of their lungs. As the song reached the chorus, he turned in his seat to see everyone, literally, every single member, dancing to “Gee.”

It was both an amusing and slightly disturbing sight.

Amusing?

His boys were getting way into the dance.

Disturbing?

Kim Heechul and Lee Sungmin were doing the dance better than some of the girls.

Truly frightening.

“We’re here,” the driver announced with an amused smile, pulling the car to a gentle stop in front of the SM Entertainment building.

Everyone bowed and thanked the driver. “Kamsahamnida~”

Leeteuk turned the radio off. “Okay, everyone, be on your best behavior!”

“Yes, Appa,” the others responded teasingly.

“Our managers haven’t told us a thing about how this is gonna work out, so just answer anything to the best of your abilities!” Taeyeon added.

“Yes, Umma,” everyone said with crazy grins on their faces.

“And please,” Leeteuk sighed. “Do not look like that when we walk in, arasso?”

Another obedient response from the children: “Arasso!”

“Okay, everyone, hwaiting!” Taeyeon gave a little fist pump.

Leeteuk helped Taeyeon down from the car and walked right by her side on their way inside the building.

Cameras flashed and clicks went off. Taeyeon looked up at Leeteuk and smiled cutely.

Oh, yes. The cameras would surely catch that.

Leeteuk smiled back with his dimple and turned down another hallway, stopping in front of the doors of the SM Conference Room.

Deep breaths...

A rush of sudden cool air enveloped the group as Leeteuk pulled the door open.