The Great Escape

Scandalous

Okay, this is a filler chapter. So sorry for not updating in almost two weeks! :O

Some SunSun cuteness ahead...be warned. x)

COMMENT, please? :)


Chapter Twelve

Sunny walked calmly and briskly to the local coffee shop by SNSD’s dorm.

She made sure not to walk too quickly, or else she would look suspicious and draw attention. A pair of stylish sunglasses was hiding her eyes and she wore a simple black V-neck and dark skinny jeans with her favorite worn-out pair of Converse.

It was almost nine ‘o clock and she was already running a few minutes late. She quickened her pace, not wasting a single second.

Sunny turned a corner and slammed hard into someone. She lost her balance and stumbled backwards, but the mysterious person caught her by the arm.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you. Are you okay?”

Sunny nodded slowly and looked up, removing her sunglasses. “I’m fine, thanks...Seulong-sshi?!”

The man’s eyes met Sunny’s and she realized that it was, indeed, Im Seulong from 2AM. “Sunny-sshi?” he swept her into a tight hug. “Wow, long time no see!”

“Ah, ne,” Sunny grinned up at him. “Have you been doing well?”

“Pretty good, I guess. You? Well, I’m sure SNSD is always doing well.” he smiled charmingly.

Sunny laughed. “I haven’t seen you around lately.”

“Oh, I was in America for a while.” Seulong shrugged. “Just for a few months; all the members of 2AM were taking little vacations.”

“Well, it’s good that you guys got to relax.” Sunny sighed and continued, “The girls and I are so busy lately.”

“Yeah, I heard about that! You and the Super Junior sunbaes are having a concert?” Seulong asked, making sure.

Sunny nodded. “Ne, it’ll be in about two weeks--eleven days, specifically.”

Seulong chuckled and ruffled her hair. “You seem excited.”

“Yah, my hair!” Sunny pouted, staring up at him. Wow, he’s tall...

“What’s the matter? You going to meet someone?” he teased.

Sunny frowned and said nothing.

Seulong raised an eyebrow curiously. “Wait, you are?”

“Maybe...”

“Omo, Sunny’s all grown-up!” Seulong laughed and ruffled her hair again.

“Oppa~” Sunny whined in her cutest voice.

“Arasso, I won’t keep you from your date. See you around.” the ballad singer smiled handsomely and walked down the street.

Sunny bit her lip and secretly watched him go.

Sunny, what are you doing?! You’re already late!

Mentally cursing at herself, she made a mad sprint to the coffee shop. She stopped in front of the Plexiglas door and put her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath. Sunny quickly fixed her hair as best as possible by looking at the glass’s reflection and then entered the café casually.

Sunny inhaled deeply and the sweet aroma of fresh-baked cookies and the strong scent of coffee entered her system immediately.

The café was Sunny’s favorite for a few reasons. It was mostly secluded and not many people knew it even existed. It was a petite little coffee shop and had a comfortable, homey feeling to it.

It was her and Sungmin’s place.

She scanned all the tables and booths for a familiar-looking dark-haired boy. Sunny’s eyes lit up when she saw Sungmin sitting in a booth in the far corner of the establishment, playing something on his phone.

Sunny tiptoed quietly over and sat next to him. “Whatcha doin’?”

Sungmin smiled, but didn’t look up. He obviously recognized her voice. “Playing Tetris on my phone.”

Sunny gaped. “You got it on your phone?”

“Well, I can’t bring my DS everywhere!” Sungmin slipped his phone back into his pocket and grinned at her.

“True, true.” she returned the smile. “Now, what did you call me here for?”

Sungmin frowned for a few moments, trying to remember. “Uhh...”

Sunny giggled. “You forgot?”

“Shut up!” Sungmin grinned devilishly and squeezed Sunny’s cheeks.

“Ouch!” Sunny held her hands to her face and switched to the seat opposite Sungmin. “I’m sitting over here now.”

Sungmin stuck his tongue out and shrugged. Suddenly, he reached into a pocket inside his jacket and pulled out two folded-up pieces of paper. “I remember now!”

Sunny snorted. “About time.”

“Yeah, yeah. Anyways, since we’re doing a duet in eleven days, I thought we should start practicing.” Sungmin took one of the pieces of paper, unfolded it, and slid it across the table to Sunny.

Sunny leaned over and read the title aloud. “Miracle.” she smiled and her eyes twinkled happily. “Hey, didn’t we sing this in our radio show before?”

Sungmin shrugged. “I don’t know.”

Sunny playfully punched him in the shoulder. “Whatever.” she folded the music back up and slipped it into her pocket.

The bell by the entrance of the café jingled and Sungmin and Sunny both turned to see who had entered. It was pretty late, and Sunny wondered why anyone else but her and Sungmin would even go out.

“Shoot!” Sungmin pushed Sunny’s head down gently. “Stay hidden!”

“Why? Who is it?” she hissed.

“Kyuhyun and Seohyun!”

Sunny’s jaw dropped slightly. “W-What?! What are they doing here?!”

“How should I know?” Sungmin reached behind him and grabbed his jacket that was hanging on the back of his chair. He tossed it to her. “Wear this.”

Frowning, Sunny asked, “Why?”

“Your blonde hair is quite noticeable.” Sungmin chuckled and turned serious again. “Now pull the hood up!”

Sunny did as she was told and grabbed one of the menus lying on the table, holding it up to her face. Sungmin took the other and did the same.

“Umm, why can’t we get caught again?” Sunny asked in a tiny voice.

“Kyuhyun,” Sungmin answered simply, watching the pair take their seats at a table near the front.

“I don’t get it.” Sunny blew on her bangs irritably.

“Oh, you don’t know what it’d be like back at the dorm.” Sungmin sighed. “They already think we’re dating.”

Sunny squeaked. “Us? D-Dating?”

Sungmin smiled. “Yeah, stupid, right?”

“Y-Yeah; totally stupid.”

Sungmin’s eyes never left Kyuhyun and Seohyun’s table. He saw Seohyun dig out two white sheets of music. “Oh, I see now.”

“What do you see?” Sunny asked, not daring to turn around.

“They’re practicing their duet, too.”

“Copiers!” Sunny pouted.

“Alright, there’s a back way we can go through.” Sungmin stood up slowly and pushed his chair in as silently as possible.

Sunny followed suit. “Are we allowed to?”

Sungmin nodded and took Sunny by the arm, leading her to a back door. “The people here know me well.”

“That’s convenient.” Sunny smiled, before suddenly tripping over a small, unnoticeable crack in the ground.

Sungmin, luckily, had been holding her arm, so he was able to pull Sunny back up with ease. “Aish, be a little more careful, will you?”

“It was like invisible!” Sunny cried, defending herself, but unable to hide the small blush evident on her cheeks.

Sungmin rolled his eyes at the girl and pushed open a door nearly concealed by the wall. “Okay, we made it.”

Sunny gawked. “There’s a door there?!”

“No, Sunny, I just pushed the wall open.”

“Hey, sarcasm is mean.” Sunny stuck her tongue out immaturely and went out first, with Sungmin following close behind.

“We're safe!” Sunny cheered, twirling around in the empty alley, illuminated by only one streetlight.

Sungmin laughed, amused by her cuteness.

“Oh,” Sunny shrugged off Sungmin’s jacket and tossed it back to him. “I forgot.”

“It’s fine.” Sungmin hung the jacket over his shoulder as a cold rush of air blew through, making Sunny shiver violently.

“On second thought, take it back.” he draped the black hoodie over her shoulders.

Sunny immediately removed it and pushed it back towards Sungmin.

“No, no, keep it; I’m fine!”

“Wear it!”

“You can’t make me!”

“Do you wanna keep me worrying for you?”

Sunny stopped protesting and slipped the jacket on silently.

Sungmin grinned victoriously. “Let’s go home now.”

---

The walk back to SNSD’s dorm was quiet, but Sungmin didn’t mind.

He enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere. Sunny hummed a wordless tune to herself, her arms swinging by her side. The jacket’s sleeves were so long that Sunny’s hands seemed to disappear.

Sungmin thought she looked cute.

No, don’t think of her that way. She’s your best friend, you weirdo.

There was nothing wrong with saying she was cute, though. It was pretty obvious that Sunny was indeed, very cute.

But why then, did he hate the fact that she used her aegyo on other guys?

That shouldn’t have mattered to him.

That thought should have never crossed his mind.

Best friends.

Siblings.

Co-workers.

Those all applied to him and Sunny.

A couple?

That was highly unlikely.

What did Sunny see him as? A friend and nothing more, obviously.

Sungmin stole another glance at Sunny. She pulled the hood of his jacket up and flapped her arms cutely, the sleeves billowing around.

Why does she have to look so cute in my jacket? Sungmin wondered.

Sunny stopped walking and Sungmin realized that he was standing in front of her dorm.

“Thanks for taking me back, oppa.” Sunny smiled, bowing.

“Aish, don’t do that; it makes me feel old.” Sungmin laughed and patted her head, pulling her in for a quick hug. “See you later, Sunny.”

He walked down the sidewalk without another word, hands shoved in his jeans’ pockets as the night grew older.

---

Sunny tiptoed into the dorm quietly, careful not to make the floor creak or squeak. She shut the door behind her very slowly and finally closed it, hearing the click.

The lamp by one of the couches flicked on. Yoona sat there with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

“Annyeong, Sunny-unnie.”

“H-Hey, Yoona. You’re, uh, looking well?”

“Where have you been?” she asked suspiciously.

Rats. Did Sooyoung sell her out?

“I met up with Sungmin,” she replied quickly, running the words together.

“You what?!”

Sunny sprinted to her room and closed the door, locking it.

She let out a sigh of relief, accompanied by Taeyeon’s light breathing.

Oh, she’s asleep. Sunny smiled.

“Girls, I have to tell you something!” Taeyeon half-shouted in her sleep.

Sunny’s eyes widened and she moved closer to Taeyeon’s bed. She knelt beside the bed, wanting to hear what Taeyeon would say.

She knew that the leader had a bad habit of saying things in her sleep. Sunny never paid much attention to it, but now...

“Leeteuk-oppa and I...”

Sunny held her breath.

BANG!

“Sunny, open up, please!”

Yoona.

Taeyeon blinked her eyes open. “W-What’s going on?”

Sunny slapped her forehead in frustration and unlocked the door.

Yoona’s eyes darted around. “Sunny--oh, mianhe, Taengoo...did I wake you up?”

“Ne...” Taeyeon murmured sleepily. “It’s okay, though.”

“I’m gonna go get some milk.” Sunny stomped past Yoona.

“What’s her problem?” Yoona frowned.

Taeyeon shrugged and fell back on to her bed, drifting off to sleep.

 

COMMENT REPLIES!

@SuGenLove: Same here! For me, it wasn't school; it's the fact that I'm so far away! D: Aww, thanks! :)

@RippledOcean: Updated. :)

@QueeeenB: Yay! Glad you loved it! Yess, they are. (: Updated!

@BaroTaro: The two pairings in this story, heeehee. Just updated; hope you'll like this chapter!

@ah_thien: OMG, hi! :D Glad to have new readers! And thankyou. <3

@little_princess: I know, I was squealing the whole time, kekeke. :D

@TiHae4ever: Shyne-unnie! :D Wah, thank you! Haha, I'm imagining you grinning to yourself...aw, sorry. I wanted to put them! Why do the polls only have four options?!

@chinkyasian: Awh, thankyouu! :D I love your HaeFany story too, hehe.

@kpoplove24: Aahhh, really?! Yay! I have accomplished my mission as an author, hahaha.

@sonelforever: Sorry for the lack of Leader Love in this. :p There will be lots next chapter!

@StrawberryFantasy: About time! Just kidding, hahaha. BAD! Go to bed! xD Thankyou! I know they are. :D Wahh, I KNOW! T_T Haha, byebye~

@shalalapaula: Hehe, that's alright. Thanks for commenting! :)

Thanks for all the comments~

You guys are awesomesauce. :D

- Jessica