The Press Conference

Scandalous

A quick update! As promised, an update before I leave. I should have an update in a week, maybe? I'm already working on the next chapter--trying to get ahead. :)

Sorry if the press conference is...weird. I don't know how they work. If anyone does, feel free to correct me!

Wow, almost 2000 views. You guys are AWESOME.

- Jess


Chapter Ten

The large group filed into the room in a professional manner. Everyone silently made their way to their seats, which were marked with name tags.

There were three rows of chairs, each row higher than the previous one.

On the highest row, looking down on everyone were Yuri, Yesung, Ryeowook, Sooyoung, Siwon, Tiffany, Henry, and Zhoumi. Occupying the second row were Kyuhyun, Seohyun, Yoona, Heechul, Shindong, Jessica, and Donghae. The first row seated Eunhyuk, Hyoyeon, Taeyeon, Leeteuk, Sungmin, and Sunny.

The large numbers of reporters and press in the room applauded after all of the members were situated in their seats.

A tall reporter wearing a black bowler hat asked the first question. “So, what will be happening in roughly two weeks?”

“Super Junior and So Nyuh Shi Dae will be having a joint concert, since our comebacks coincidentally fall on the same date.” Eunhyuk started off.

“Super Junior’s new single will be revealed, as well as SNSD’s. There will also be some surprise duets and collaborations amongst the members. We hope you all look forward to it.” Super Junior’s leader bent his head down respectfully.

Some reporters were in the middle of scribbling notes furiously as a woman raised her hand. “Could you tell us about one of these duets or collaborations?”

Taeyeon smiled. “Of course. Our Seohyun-sshi and Super Junior’s Kyuhyun-sshi will be having another duet. The fans’ response to the duet in Paris was great, so Lee Soo-man-sungsaenim suggested that we try another duet with the two of them.”

Seohyun nodded happily and added, “I’m happy that I’m able to work with Kyuhyun-sshi again because he’s a really talented singer.”

Kyuhyun chuckled. “You’re being modest. She’s great, too.”

Taeyeon flashed them a quick thumbs-up sign. At the moment, they seemed more couple-y than her and Leeteuk.

Why was it so hard to pretend?

“So what else is coming up for Super Junior and SNSD?” another reporter asked curiously.

“Super Junior is ready to make a comeback with Kibum-ah back on our team.” Leeteuk grinned, obviously excited. “The ELFs have been waiting and the people have been waiting...I think this is something that was worth waiting for.”

Leeteuk looked up at Siwon and nodded, letting him have a chance to talk.

“We just wrapped up our Super Show 3, with the last stop being in Japan. Hopefully, we can have a Super Show 4 after we finish the promotions for 5jib.” Siwon said, nodding optimistically.

“And for SNSD?” the same reporter asked.

“Ah, well, we just finished our Japanese promotions.” Jessica smiled. “We’re so glad to be back in Korea and to make a comeback with some interesting new songs that we think everyone will enjoy.”

“We’re also planning on having our first tour in America!” Tiffany added with a bright smile on her face. Taeyeon smiled; Jessica and Tiffany were probably the ones most excited to be going back home.

“We’ll be going to five different cities, but there’s going to be more information on that later.” Sooyoung clarified.

“Now, lately, there have been a couple of rumors floating around, scandals, if you may.” an intimidating woman with ruby red lips remarked. “First, there have been some pictures leaked on to the Internet.”

Everyone glanced at each other nervously.

Taeyeon frowned. What pictures? No one ever took any embarrassing or bad photos...

“Ah, yes, they’re pictures of Sungmin-sshi and Sunny-sshi.” the reporter said with a scary-looking smile.

No, it’s not a smile.Taeyeon grimaced. More like an evil sneer, just wanting to ruin idols’ careers...

Sungmin and Sunny looked at each other, confused.

“Um, I think you’re mistaken.” Sunny tried to smile politely. “Sungmin-sshi and I never--”

“They’re pictures of you two apparently play-wrestling on the floor?” the lady chuckled, “Well, it could be anything you want to interpret it as, I suppose.” she held up the picture.

Sunny threw Heechul a dirty look and whispered, “You said you wouldn’t tweet those!”

“I didn’t!” Heechul whispered back, equally confused. “I erased the pictures!”

Shindong jumped in, “Same here!”

“Then how...?” Sungmin muttered to himself.

“Explanations, please?” the woman smirked. “Clearly, the people in this picture are you two. There’s no way around it.”

“They were play-wrestling, as you said. Nothing wrong with two friends playing around after they haven’t seen each other in a while, am I right?” Kyuhyun retorted to the rude reporter.

Sungmin and Sunny smiled at Kyuhyun gratefully.

“Oh, it doesn’t appear to be just that...” she muttered suspiciously.

“Well, that’s all it was. Trust me: I was there. Were you?” Kyuhyun shot back with a calm voice.

Wow, he’s good...Taeyeon smiled, impressed.

The reporter pursed her lips, turned away from the Evil Maknae, and instead focused on writing in her notepad.

Siwon reached over and subtly gave Kyuhyun a high-five. “Nice job, Kyu.”

“I know, I know, I’m great.”

Sungmin grinned and mouthed, “I owe you one.”

Kyuhyun nodded, an evil smile forming on his face.

Sungmin stopped grinning, fearful of what he would have to owe to Cho Kyuhyun.

“The second scandal is,” a male reporter cleared his throat and continued, “Related to Eunhyuk-sshi and Hyoyeon-sshi.”

They glanced at each other nervously. Had they been found out? Their relationship, that is?

“Eunhyuk-sshi, you own a gray sweatshirt, am I correct?”

Eunhyuk frowned. “Yes, I do...”

“We have pictures taken by fans of Hyoyeon wearing the exact same sweatshirt, except it’s larger on her. We can’t help but think that in this situation, it was the same sweatshirt.” the reporter clicked his pen, ready to write.

“Oh, it was just a coincidence.” Hyoyeon lied with a reassuring smile. “I always buy my sweatshirts in larger sizes anyway.”

“So when you put them in the wash, they’re still okay!” Yuri said, bringing a few laughs to the conference.

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon let out sighs of relief in unison. They were safe.

“And finally,” Jung Jihyun, the most well-known K-pop reporter in Seoul, looked up expectantly. “The Taeyeon and Leeteuk scandal.”

Jung Jihyun stared straight at Taeyeon and Leeteuk, her eyes piercing and knowing.

“We have many photos and fan-accounts referring to your little ‘date’ at the Han River. Apparently, you two took a bus there, spent some time at the river, and then disappeared.”

Taeyeon nodded, acknowledging the incident. She nudged Leeteuk, a signal for him to speak first.

As Leeteuk began speaking, Taeyeon glanced at the other members. Some of them were confused, some were smirking--that would have been Heechul and Jessica--and some were smiling.

Taeyeon forgot...

None of her friends knew about the scandal. They were probably thinking that Taeyeon and Leeteuk had been dating secretly.

Suddenly, a small piece of paper fell from above and landed in Taeyeon’s lap. She quickly grabbed it and hid it from the reporters. She looked up to see a smirking Heechul.

“What is this?” she hissed.

“From Tiffany,” he answered.

Taeyeon let out a breath that she had been holding for some time and clutched the note tightly in her hand.

“But the question,” Jung Jihyun pressed on, “Are you two officially a couple?”

Leeteuk let out a little laugh. “I wouldn’t say that...”

Taeyeon smiled shyly. “Anyone would be lucky to date Leeteuk-sshi, but I’m, unfortunately, not that lucky.”

“Are you sure about that?” Jung Jihyun asked, refusing to take no for an answer.

This woman is persistent. Taeyeon huffed, getting a bit irritated.

“Yeah, are you sure about that?” Hyoyeon repeated softly, grinning at Taeyeon.

“Well, we’ve both always been good friends so a relationship is possible.” Leeteuk said with a secret smile.

If only that was true...Taeyeon thought wistfully.

“Alright, and that’s the end of the press conference.” the monitor concluded as everyone applauded.

Taeyeon flashed an innocent smile at the reporters as she walked out first, leaving Leeteuk behind without a goodbye.

---

Outside the building, Taeyeon met up with SNSD’s manager.

“So sorry I couldn’t be here, Taeyeon-sshi.” she smiled apologetically. “I brought another car for you girls. I’m sure the other van was quite cramped.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “You have no idea.”

“Taeyeon!”

Eight girls all attacked Taeyeon at once.

“What’s going on?” Jessica demanded.

“You and Leeteuk-oppa?” Yoona exclaimed.

“What date?” Sooyoung, Sunny, and Yuri jumped in.

“Did you read my note?” Tiffany asked impatiently.

“Calm down, girls.” their manager said. “Let’s go home first.” she headed towards the car first.

“Where are the Super Junior oppas?” Taeyeon asked, trying to change the subject.

“Their manager met up with them inside.” Seohyun explained. “Are we going home separately?”

Taeyeon nodded. “Manager-unnie brought us another car.”

“Aw, that’s no fun.” Sooyoung pouted.

“I thought you were the one complaining the most about being cramped.” Hyoyeon raised an eyebrow at her.

Sooyoung grinned. “That’s true, but it’s more fun when we all hang out.”

“Let’s get home before the reporters come outside and harass Taengoo with more questions.” Tiffany suggested, leading all of the girls to the car.