Back to the Beginning

Scandalous

Earlier update than I expected. :)

Keep in mind that most of this chapter is a FLASHBACK.

It explains a lot of the confusion in the last chapter. :D


Chapter Sixteen

When the news came that nine of the trainee girls debuted as a girl group, appropriately called ‘So Nyuh Shi Dae’, Super Junior was really happy.

I couldn’t have been more proud of Tiffany. We were best friends after all. Jessica, too, and Yoona.

I don’t know how many times I congratulated them, patted their heads, called them, texted them...you get the point.

As Super Junior and SNSD got more popular, I saw the girls less. I always made time to at least see Jessica, who I was dating at the time.

Eunhyuk was actually the one who suggested I make my move on her. He said that my feelings were really “obvious”, and that we would be a good couple. He was my best friend, so I trusted his judgment.

I’m glad I did.

Jessica was...indescribable. She seemed cold on the outside, but she had a heart made of gold. She was sweet and thoughtful, sometimes trying to make it to some of Super Junior’s performances, and always supporting us by buying her albums.

We never had time for actual dates, but we were both happy enough just being in each other’s company, watching a movie at the dorms, or smiling at each from across the practice room.

A few months went by, and I felt myself growing farther apart from Jessica. She probably realized it too, because I no longer saw her at our performances, and I never got any texts from her.

I guess our relationship was meant to turn out that way. The other members saw it coming. As time wore on, I only saw Jessica as a really close friend, and a younger sister. We broke up, but remained close.

It was hard, getting over Jessica. I didn’t have anyone to look forward to seeing every day, and Jessica was, I think, my first real love.

After a year, SNSD’s manager called me and offered me a lead role in SNSD’s newest music video, ‘Kissing You’ and I accepted it, naturally. I would get to see Tiffany again.

“Donghae-oppa!” Tiffany greeted me with her usual cheery smile when I arrived on the set.

I gave her a big hug. “Hey, Fany--how are things going?”

“Great!” she responded, as Yoona came over, joining our conversation.

“Hey, oppa!” Yoona smiled prettily.

I grinned and hugged her. “Nice outfit, Yoona.”

Yoona rolled her eyes and slapped me on the arm. “Shut up!”

Tiffany’s cheeriness seemed to fade, so I put an arm around her. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

Tiffany shook her head and shrugged away from me. “Um, my stomach hurts.”

“Not a surprise.” Yoona chuckled. “Jessica tried cooking this morning.”

I laughed and turned back to Yoona. “How’d that go?”

“Well, we didn’t have to call the fire department, but Sooyoung might have vomited a little.” Yoona giggled.

“Classic Sica,” I said.

“Hey,” I swiveled my head around. “Where’d Tiffany go?”

Yoona frowned. “She was right next to you like a second ago...”

I shrugged, but I had a horrible feeling inside that something was very wrong with Tiffany.

---

I sat around in the big pink chair, waiting for my scene to start with Donghae.

I blinked hard, hoping I wouldn’t cry.

Sometimes, he was so...dense. Insensitive. I wiped my sleeve across my eyes.

“Tiffany!” someone called.

I glanced down and saw Taeyeon giving me a worried look. “Are you...crying?” she began climbing up the chair to sit next to me.

I shook my head furiously. “No, it’s my...allergies.”

Taeyeon swiped her thumb across my eye, catching a tear. She rolled her eyes, but she was smiling. “You’re a bad liar, Tiffany."

I sighed softly and leaned back in the chair, hugging the pink heart-shaped pillow tightly.

“It’s Donghae, isn’t it?” Taeyeon asked.

I bit my lip. “No.”

She gave me one of her looks.

I reluctantly nodded. “Yes.”

“Talk to me about it.” Taeyeon turned to face me.

“He...He likes Yoona.”

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. “Really? I always thought he...liked you.”

I shook my head and tried to keep my voice steady. “Yesterday, he asked me if I could ask Yoona if she likes him.”

Taeyeon’s jaw dropped a little. “That jerk!” she clenched her fist.

I pushed her fist down into her lap. “Please, don’t hurt him...”

“He deserves it!” Taeyeon huffed. “How can he be so...?”

“Insensitive? Dense?” I laughed bitterly. “He’s like that.”

“Well, you don’t have to worry about Yoona falling for him.” Taeyeon smiled secretly. “She likes someone else.”

I sniffed. “You’re just saying that.”

“No, no, I’m telling the truth! I just don’t know who...but she likes someone.” Taeyeon glanced around the set, looking for Yoona. “Where is she anyway?”

“With Donghae,” I answered quietly.

“Oh...” Taeyeon gave me a hug. “Cheer up, Fany! You’ll find someone better.”

And, I guess, I sort of didfind someone better.

As the months wore on, we saw less of Super Junior. Sometimes, we were on variety shows together, or radio shows. It wasn’t until the SMTOWN concerts that we saw them often.

As the years went by, I found myself getting closer to one Choi Siwon.

He always came over to me during the concerts and talked to me, made me laugh. He was so incredibly sweet; you would think he was some kind of make-believe prince out of a storybook.

“Fany!” Siwon called to me backstage at SMTOWN L.A.

I grinned. “Oppa!” I walked over to him and he smothered me in a big hug.

We stayed like that for a while, until he realized that there was a camera filming us. We broke apart and looked at the cameras awkwardly. He smiled at me, not minding.

When the cameras were gone, he brought me over to the Super Junior table.

“You can sit in Donghae’s seat.” he said to me.

I slowly sank down into Donghae’s chair. It felt really...strange.

“Have any of you guys seen Hyoyeon?” Eunhyuk asked, his mouth full of food.

I giggled and Siwon gave him a stern look. Eunhyuk swallowed and repeated his question.

“She was in our dressing room.” I told him.

Eunhyuk pouted. “She told me that she would come eat with me~”

“You’re so lovesick.” Siwon rolled his eyes, putting some food on a plate.

“Wh--no, I’m not!” Eunhyuk denied, even though it was clear as crystal that he had fallen hard for Hyoyeon.

“It’s pretty much obvious.” I said with a smile.

“It is? Does she know?” he asked in a hushed voice.

I shrugged. “She doesn’t tell me that kind of stuff.”

“I thought girls told each other everything!” Eunhyuk whined.

Siwon handed me a plate full of food and smiled kindly. “Here, eat.”

I beamed back at him and took the plate. “Thanks, oppa~”

Eunhyuk snickered and muttered in a low voice that only I could hear, “Who’s lovesick now?” I glared at him. “Yah!”

“Hey, who’s sitting in my seat?”

I turned around and met Donghae’s eyes and froze. I couldn’t form any words.

He smiled. “Oh, hey, Tiffany.”

“Sorry, Donghae. We can move.” Siwon offered.

Donghae shook his head and sat across from us, next to Eunhyuk. “It’s fine. I don’t wanna um, disturb you guys.”

I tried to smile at him like I used to, but found that my smile now looked forced and fake.

“Well,” Eunhyuk said, getting up from the table, breaking the silence. “I’m gonna go find Hyoyeon!”

“Oh, she’s down there with Yoong.” Siwon pointed down the corridor, spotting the two girls.

Donghae left his seat and joined Eunhyuk. “I’ll come with you!”

I watched them go and ate my food quietly, smiling and nodding at everything Siwon said, but not really paying any attention.

Siwon healed my wounds over time. I never got heartaches when I saw Donghae anymore, after that incident. I even tried talking to him sometimes, but it was only small talk.

Eventually, we were able to converse again, with no awkwardness. Time helped, but Siwon also helped.

I tried to make myself not fall in love with Siwon, but it was so hard.

When he popped into the set to film ‘Hoot’, that was when I knew...

I had fallen in love with Choi Siwon.

---

“TIF-FA-NY!”

I blinked a couple of times and looked around my bedroom. Yuri was sitting across from me on my bed, looking extremely worried.

“I’ve been calling your name like a hundred times.” she pressed her palm against my forehead. “Are you sick?”

I laughed and pushed her hand away. “I’m fine. I was in a, um, daydream.”

Yuri smiled mischievously. “Were you now?”

“It wasn’t what you think!” I pouted at her.

“Well, I’ll talk to you in the morning. We have practice tomorrow, so we need to go to sleep.” she stood at the doorframe and waved at me.

I crawled into my bed and waved with a smile as she turned the lights off.

“Oh, I forgot.” Yuri whispered into the darkness. “We’re gonna mess with Taeyeon and Leeteuk tomorrow. Wanna join us?”

I almost forgot that Taeyeon had a boyfriend. I nodded. “Sure.”

“Yay! ‘Night, Tiff.”

I bade her goodnight and closed my eyes, feeling sleep wash over me.

 

COMMENT REPLIES!

@RippledOcean: Thanks so much, Clo! :D Updated!

@TiHae4ever: Haha, sorry for the confusion, unnie, but that's how things are sometimes. x) LOL, the past is all explained in this chapter! Hehe, thanks for commenting as always. /huggle

@sonelforever: TAETEUK IS OFFICIAL! /confetti Hahah~

@SuGenLover: We'll see how things turn out in the end, but personally, I like HaeFany too. <3 Oh my gosh, you saw the cut too? Wasn't that so adorable?!

@kyutie13: Aha, SuJu are kids at heart. :D I love love squares^^

@StrawberryFantasy: Pfft, if this story was real-life, I'd be spazzing EVERY DAY. xD Yup, you got it right! :D /cookie/ Kyuhyun is obsessed! Didya know that he tweeted at like 4AM that it was raining? O_O He was probably up all night gaming or watching dramas, haha! I'm still thinking about it too, dude!!!

@QueeeenB: /freaks out with you/ Haha, if only they WERE real. Maybe they are~ Awh, thanks so much! :D Yup, all the past is explained in this chapter!

@StarryKelly: Wonder no more, because this chapter tells it all. :) Hey, HaeSica COULD happen...nothing's confirmed except for TaeTeuk and SunSun! :D And I'll try to add in more YulSung, 'cause I really like them. :3

@chococcino30: Thanks so much! :)

@chinkyasian: Aw, thankyou! It means a lot coming from you! (But I still think you're better than me, hehe.) SuGen ftw! <3

@Tikatikolala: It's a love square, it's meant to be confusing, unnie! Haha. :) GameKyu and Father Siwon ftw!

@KathyXVII: HeeSica isn't confirmed actually. :) It COULD turn out to be HaeSica~ Thanks so much! Haha, omg, if there was an article like that, I'd pass out!!!

@shalalapaula: Yesss, they are. :) Updated!

@cutieyzza: Hehe, yeah, the couples could go either way! :D Sorry for any confusion^^

@candyredhearts: Awhh, thanks so much, Candy-ah! :D I still have to say that you're a much better writer than me, though, hehe. <3

@vanilaice: Thanks a lot! Updated!