Love or Money?

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty-One

Gigi

Do you ever wonder if the one that you love is truly in love with you? Do you ever wonder if they'd give up something precious to be with you? Such questions filled my mind as Taemin stood there speechless in front of his boss. I didn't know how he would answer. I didn't want to know. Did he love me enough to choose me? Or would he rather obey his boss and date another girl, even if it's just for the rest of the world to see?

"Taemin, this is not really a hard question," Mr. Hyu said. "It's either yes or no. Simple."

Taemin glanced at the floor, his knuckles white from clenching his hands too tightly. Then he brought his head back up and met my eyes. I didn't know how I looked. All I knew was that I wanted Taemin to say no. Desperately. I wanted him back. So his next words hurt me.

"I'll have to think about it."

~ ~ ~

"Tell me. What happened? Tell me, Gigi." Minho asked desperately.

"Nothing. Nothing happened."

"Please. Something's wrong. You don't look happy. Just speak."

"I said I'm fine!"

Key patted my shoulder gently. "Gigi, we're not just being curious. We're concerned. Come on, dear."

I sighed and sat down. I had returned to the SHINee dorms. Minho and Key were the only ones home. Seohyun had been kicked out, which was good. The two boys had gotten worried when I came without Taemin. I had left separately from him.

"Did Taemin do something? Or was it the SM guy?" Minho asked.

"What do you mean by 'SM guy'?" Key asked in confusion.

Minho rolled his eyes. "The dude that is the head of the company or whatever."

Key and Minho started to argue with each other about Minho's use of words. My mind drifted back to the scene earlier...

"Taemin, what was all that about?"

"What?" he asked, not looking at me.

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter