Broken

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-One

Minho

     Taemin is depressed again. When the guys and I came home after going for some fried chicken dinner (Onew loved it), we found Taemin sitting on the couch with his shoulders drooping down, his tears still staining his face. All of the others were surprised about the break up, but I wasn't. I'd seen it coming. Taemin should've listened to me a long time ago, but because if his stubborn childness, this was the price he had to pay.

We had comforted Taemin by making lots of his favorite desserts, but he wasn't interested. Instead, he went back into his room without eating any of it. Jonghyun and Onew decided to eat all of the food by themselves while Key and I scolded the two.

"Taemin is too sad to eat, so it is the right thing to do." Jonghyun defended.

"Ye. We're doing him a favor." Onew said.

Key and I scowled at the selfish pair and decided to just leave Taemin alone. The rest of the evening had been very quiet and eerie. Without Taemin chattering happily, no one else had wanted to speak either. I guess Taemin was a huge influence on us after all. Even on me. But, of course. He had always looked up to me as his hyung even though Onew was the oldest.

The next few days was also very stressful and awkard. Taemin wouldn't eat anything. His face became pale and skinny. He never talked. He never practiced dancing anymore. It was depressing for me, too. His singing was even worse. His voice became weak.

One day, I approached him and bumped his forehead. He didn't whine like he used to. Instead, he just stared at me blankly like I hadn't done anything at all.

I glared at him. "Yah. Wake up."

He made no sign that he would respond. I continued, "Forget about all of it. About everything you've done with her. Everything you've done with Gigi Myo."

Her name gave a little response from Taemin. "What?"

I wanted to whack him. "I said, forget about her. It's over between you two. Don't keep getting like this. She's just your first girlfriend. I can get you a new one any time. Just. . .just don't be like this. Seeing you act like a statue. . .it's killing me on the inside, Taemin."

"Are you in love with me or something?" Taemin asked.

I almost snapped. "You stupid boy! Of course I'm not!"

He blinked. "Hm. That's a relief."

I gripped his shoulders fiercely. "Lee Taemin. Stop acting like this and just move on."

Taemin's eyes trailed off into the distance. ". . . Move on? How?"

Gigi

After I got home from Taemin's house that day, I ran up the stairs into my room and slammed the door loudly. My parents had been home. They knocked on my door several times, but I had locked it and I wasn't going to open it. They kept asking me what was wrong.

"Everything!" I screamed at them.

They pounded on my door some more, but I let out a loud screech and they stopped. The house became silent as they headed back downstairs. I was still crying, but not as much. I sank my head down on my pillow while staring at my necklace that Taemin had given me. All of it is a lie. Even the necklace.

I threw the necklace far away from me. It plopped onto the floor quietly.

Bzz! Bzz!  My phone vibrated. I jumped in surprise. My phone's screen lit up brightly and I stared at the name.

'Taeyoon'. He was calling me. I immediately pressed the 'end' button and my phone stopped vibrating. But pretty soon, my phone buzzed again. Angry, I ended the call again, but even turned off my phone so that I wouldn't hear anything.

How dare he call me after that argument! Did he think that I would answer him? That I would listen to him? I didn't even know the real him! I only knew Lee Taeyoon. I didn't know Lee Taemin. What made him think that he'd be forgiven

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter