Trouble at School

My Life with You

*Beep Beep Beep Beep*

 

I looked at my clock. Why is my clock’s alarm ringing 2:30 in the morning? It must have been a mistake.  I’ll just go back to sleep.

 

“Mihyun! Wake up!”

“Bwoh? I’m so tired.” I groaned. 

“Well it’s 7:15.  School starts in fifteen minutes.”

“What!!” I shot right out of bed. Apparently I shot up so fast that I smacked my head against someone else’s.

“Yah!” I opened my eyes and focused. Whoops, I hit Kyuhyun.

“Just hurry up!” He ran out of the room.

“Mianhe Oppa!” I shouted.

“Yeah yeah yeah. You better not make me late,” Kyuhyun shouted back.

I rushed around my room to find my uniform. Five minutes later I was done. Wow that was a record. I touched up with some light makeup and checked myself out. Uniform on. Check. Hair done to almost perfection. Check.  Makeup done lightly but good. Check.

*Honk Honk*

“Mihyun hurry up. I will blame you if I am late!” shouted Kyuhyun.  All right I’m coming.  I ran down stairs, grabbed my backpack, and ran to the car.

“Finally. I thought you were going to take fifty years to finish,” said Kyuhyun. I rolled my eyes.  I don’t blame him for being annoyed though. I woke up late and made him wait for me.  Awww! Kyuhyun is such a nice oppa!

Seven minutes later I was at school. I never ran this fast before in my life. It wasn’t easy running up the stairs to the top floor, but I managed to make it just before the bell rang.

“Hey what took you so long? Late on the second day of school?” Kai teased. 

“No, I was seeing if you would get worried because you might have not seen me today,” I answered back.

“I was worried noona!” said Kai in a cute voice (*roll eyes* some manly boy).  He hugged me and went to his seat.  I sighed and walked to my seat. I would sit down but someone’s bag was on it.

“Sumin, could you please move your bag?” I asked.

“Oh I’m sorry. I was hoping you were going to me absent today,” answered Sumin in a sticky sweet voice.  She moved her bag and dropped it next to her.  I sat down and Mr. Park started talking.

“We will be starting a lab today. Your partner is the person sitting next to you. If we ever do a lab, then that is your partner for the semester. ” Said Mr. Park.  I groaned in the inside. Sitting with Sumin was bad enough, but working with her for the rest of the semester. 

“Your lab will test you on what you learned last year in eighth grade.  Lets hope you paid attention last year,” Mr. Park grinned, “You will be given a solution called sludge which has chemicals and products mixed in it. Your job is to find the chemicals and products. Write them down on this piece of paper and hand it in when class ends. Yes Jongin?”

I turned around and saw Kai groaning about being called “Jongin”. “Do both partners have to fill out the sheet or only one?”

“Usually it would be both, but for the first semester I’ll be nice to you. One sheet per partner. Got that everyone? Anymore questions?”  Said Mr. Park. “Okay then, get to work.”

I looked at the sludge. It was black water with stuff poking out of the surface.  I saw broken crayons, feathers, dirt, stones, pieces of paper, and a soda tab. 

“Ew gross! I am so not touching that.  Mihyun, you can do all the work,” said Sumin.

“Excuse me? Why can’t you do some?” I asked. Sumin showed me her hands.

“See these. I got a manicure and I would hate to get them soiled. Besides, if I don’t do the work, who will?”

I grumbled. She’s right. I can’t get a bad grade when I just started school. What happened to the nice Sumin I knew in kindergarten?

I put on my safety goggles and gloves. I poked around the solution with a metal stick and fished out all the stuff out.  Next I drained the sludge so the little stuff I missed was out of the way.

Ten minutes before the class was ending and I was finishing up the paper. 

“Class! You have ten minutes left. Try to finish up!” said Mr. Park?  Aren’t I already doing that? I handed in the paper and walked over to Kai.

“Hey! What class do you have next?” I asked. Kai looked up and smiled.

“Oh, my next class History with Ms. Kang,” said Kai. The bell rang and I walked to my next class.  I can’t wait to see Krystal. I got to the locker room and changed into my gym clothes.

“Hey girlfriend!!”

I don’t need to turn around to know who it is.

“Krystal!!”

Krystal smirked.

“Did you miss me already?” asked Krystal.

“What if I did?” I answered back.

“Then you would be the best friend ever!!” Krystal said. She hugged me and walked me to the gym. 

Gym was fun; we did yoga so it can help me stretch more. I am probably the most inflexible person you would have ever met. 

I went on to my next classes. History was okay; we are starting other countries like China, Taiwan, and Japan.  Music with Ms. Kwon was boring (sorry Ms. Kwon but it’s true). She tries to be funny when she’s really not.  Finally, time for lunch.

Kimchi fried rice! Yummy!!  

“Hey could I have some of that?  That looks so good,” said Kai.  He was staring at it with drool dripping out of his mouth (jk but I did see some drool though). 

“Sure Kai,” I said. I gave Kai a third of my rice. Just then, Taemin and Krystal dropped in.

“If you give Kai that much, you won’t have enough to eat,” said Taemin when he looked over my shoulder.

“Here, have some of mine,” said Krystal. She gave me some Yangnyeom Tongdak. [For those who don’t know what Yangnyeom Tongdak is. It’s fried chicken with sticky, spicy sauce.]

We all dug into our meals, trading foods, and talking about her day. Taemin was making fun of me for waking up late. Krystal was listening to Taemin annoying me while Kai was in his own world eating fried rice and drinking Narangdeu Cider.   

“Hey Taemin.”

We all looked up and saw Seohun. She was Taemin’s crush since seventh grade. Seohun was nice, but I never got to know her. Every time I look at her, I get really jealous because she seems perfect in every single way.

“Oh hi,” said Taemin. His cheeks were pink. It’s so fun to see him embarrassed.

“Um, do you want to go out with me this Saturday? There’s this new movie coming and I really want to see it,” said Seohun.

Saturday? Kai, Krystal, Taemin, and I were planning to see the new movie together!

“Well, ummm….” Said Taemin.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeonghaseyo everyone!

Hope you like it!!! :)

I really want korean food right now....

~sujualltheway13