Discoveries in Paris

My Life with You

Dear Diary,

 

Summer is finally here! WOOHOO! I aced my finals as usual and I’m going on a tour!! I think I’m going to break my pencil if I continue to excitedly write like this.

 

So anyway, SMTown has a announced groups to perform around the world and f(x), exo, shinee are going!! I got in as the costume designer so we all get to go! Guess what? Joon gets to go too because SM also has mini jobs to help around the concert. Yay!

 

We just finished holding holding concerts in Tokyo and Singapore. Right now it is Pari. Oh, so romantic. Joon and I are together in the city of love.

 

Got to go, rehearsal is about to start.

 

Love,

Mihyun

 

“Mihyun. Where are the snsd outfits that I asked to design? I need them right now.”  

 

I scrabbled around the waiting room, looking in boxes, trying to find the outfits. I finally found a box with nine sparkling dress for the nations’ girl group.

 

“Here they are sunbaenim.” I handed the box to her.  

 

“Thank god it’s here. They look gorgeous by the way Mihyun.”

 

I bowed and smiled at my complement. Receiving that complement gave me more confidence that I could run my mom’s fashion business smoothly.

 

After I finished the clothing business, I went down to visit Taemin and Kai down by the stage. 

 

They were finishing up their dance battle when I arrived. Taemin and Kai were both wearing black tank tops dripping in sweat. I was silently admiring the sight of them from a far. Taemin wasn’t all muscle but he was extremely toned. Kai was the exact same image as Taemin but his shoulders were broad and I could see veins underneath his dark skin.  When I met Taemin’s eyes, he immediately smiled and called me over.

 

“How’s clothing and stuff?” Taemin asked. He grabbed a water bottle and took a big gulp. “I heard there was a panic because they couldn’t find dbsk’s costumes.”

 

“No worries. It was just underneath the boxes of food for lunch.” I said.

 

“Hey. Do you want to go sightseeing with me after rehearsal?” Taemin said. “My mom looked up interesting sights for us to go around.”

 

I smiled sadly at Taemin. “Sorry. Joon and I are meeting up after this. Maybe in California we can go together.”

 

Taemin nodded understandable and went to talk to Kai.  I went to get ready for my date with Joon. All the energy for the concert tomorrow had me feel extra jumpy and bubble. I couldn’t wait.

 

The streets of Paris were lightly lit for the night. Music was softly played in the air as tourist flooded the streets. I walked through the crowd to a little bench in the park. The spot where I was sitting provided a prefect view of the Eiffel Tower.  

 

The sound of footsteps was heard in the air and I turned my head to see Joon walking towards me. I started to smile but then I noticed the look on his face and my heart sank.

 

“Hey,” I said.

 

“Hi Mihyun,” Joon replied. He sat down and kissed my cheek. “Can I talk to you?”

 

Oh no. Those five words again.  “What is it?”

 

“I can’t be with you anymore Mihyun,” he said softly. Ever so slowly, I could feel my heart breaking.

 

“What? Why?” I said. I knew from his eyes that he could see how hurt I was. My first boyfriend who I love is breaking up with me.

 

Joon closed his eyes and took a deep breath. After he was down thinking, he opened them and looked at me with a tender look.

 

“You should know that I love you Mihyun,” he said. “But I need to break up with you. It isn’t about me, it’s about you-“

 

“Isn’t that the other way around?” I asked in a tiny voice. I wiped away the little tears that were appearing in my eyes. Why was he doing this? What had I done to him?

 

Joon gave me a small smile. “No it isn’t. You see. I can’t be with someone who doesn’t love me. Let’s face reality Mihyun. You never loved me because you can’t”

 

I looked at with confusion. What was he talking about? I was in love with him. I always enjoyed being around him and I always catch myself smiling whenever I’m with him.

 

This was love. Right?

 

“You can and will never love me Mihyun. I’ve realized that a while ago but I couldn’t bring myself to break up with you.” Joon said. When I looked down at my hands sadly, he reached out and lifted my chin to meet my eyes. “Do you know why you can never love me?”

 

I shook my head.

 

“It’s because you are in love with somebody else.”

 

“What?” I shrieked. “I don’t know what you are talking about Joon.”  Was he accusing me of cheating on him?

 

He shook his head. “I didn’t mean you were going behind my back. I don’t think you realized what I know as a fact.”

 

“But Joon-“

 

“You’re not meant to be with me. There’s someone else you love and someone you’re meant to be with. I don’t think you realized this, but you love him to bits. This is why you can’t love me Mihyun,” Joon said. He gave a small chuckle at my confused look.

 

“We’re still friends right?”

 

“Oh course Mihyun.”

 

We hugged and then left into our separate ways. Shoot. I could feel tears burning my eyes. I didn’t want to cry. I didn’t want to think about this. I have other important things to worry about like the concert.

 

After this whole event, I went back to the hotel, got into my pajamas, and curled up into to bed.

 

∞∞∞∞∞

 

“Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god!” Taemin was jumping all over the place. “I don’t remember this many people coming to a SM concert last time.”

 

The arena was slowly filling up with people. The singers were backstage putting on their last minute makeup and outfits. Taemin was one of the first one done because he couldn’t get any sleep from all of the excitement.

 

I was dressed in stage black, all ready to help with the equipment back stage.

 

“I don’t know why you are so nervous.” I said. “You already did so many concerts before.”

 

“But last time it was only ten thousand people. Now it’s like five times as much.” Taemin whined.

 

“You’ll do fine Taemin,” I said as I wrapped my arm around his shoulder. He relaxed and took calm breaths. Then I ruffled his brown fuzzy hair and laughed as he ran away yelling for someone to fix his hair.

 

The concert went off with a hit. I was so surprised about how many people actually came to the concert. I always thought only Koreans knew about us but the Korean entertainment industry is growing onto an international scale.

 

When SHINee’s turn came, I was entranced with Taemin’s dancing. He was so deep in concentration that the only thing he could hear was the music he was dancing too. Taemin’s forehead was glistened in sweat because he was trying so hard to put out his moves with perfection. It made my heart flutter to see him put so much effort in the things that he loves.

 

EXO’s and f(x)’s had many cheers and screams. But in my opinion, they are nowhere close to the experience and talent that SHINee has. No offence guys.

 

The ending ceremony was heart felt and happy as usual. There was not a drop of sadness in the air. Who would be sad? The best concert ever was just preformed by a group of talented people.

 

Well, I was a bit sad from Joon’s break up with me. I just couldn’t get it out of my head. His words just replayed over and over in my mind. What did he mean that I was in love with somebody? How could I be in love with somebody without even knowing it?

 

My head hurt so much from overthinking it that I ended up being at the Eiffel Tower. The cold crisp air refreshed me and removed all the stress away. Just yesterday, I was planning the perfect date for Joon up here.

 

I sighed. I hated feeling confused when I have so many questions.

 

“Mihyun?”

 

I looked up and saw Taemin next to me. His voice was soft and worried. I avoided his eyes and just wiped my tears away. Taemin put his arms over my shoulders and pulled me closer to his side.

 

“I heard that Joon broke up with you,” Taemin said. He my hair and hugged me closer.

 

I just nodded in reply. I didn’t have the energy to tell him everything that Joon said to me. However Taemin just looked at me with a reassuring smile.

 

“I just want to say,” Taemin said. “That he made a very big mistake. No guy should give you up for any reason. “ He gently kissed my on the forehead. “You’ll be fine Mihyun.”

 

I have in a half-hearted laugh. “I know I will be,” I said and raised my eyes to meet his. “Do you want to know why?”

 

Taemin looked slightly amused, glad that I had at least a smile on my face. “Why”

 

“I can make it through anything when you’re with me.”

 

Taemin’s eyes softened and he smiled. He then pulled me tighter to him, hugging my warmly. He turned his head into my hair and I buried my face in his shoulder.

 

“If you’re by my side. We can make it through anything"


Hello! I decided to fast forward to the summer so some "interesting" action will occur. 

I hope you guys will enjoy the chapter just like I enjoyed writing it. 

~sujualltheway13

subscribe and commet!