First day of School 2

My Life with You

I turned around and saw the one person I was looking for, Taemin. You have know idea how much I missed him over the summer.  He’s like a part of me and I can’t even imagine life without him.

“Taemin!!” I smiled. He gave me a hug and sat down next to me.  Taemin pulled out a box of rice and meat. Just then, Krystal slapped him on the arm.

“Yah! What was that for?” asked Taemin. 

“You always ignore my texts and calls. Whenever I chatted with you, you never answered back! Explain Taemin,” grumbled Krystal.

“I was just really busy and my parents always wanted to take pictures at tourist attractions. That’s pretty much it Krystal,” answered Taemin.  He then stuffed his mouth full of rice and meat ending the conversation. 

“Hey you!” 

We all turned toward the voice. The voice was coming from a group of mean looking guys.

“You! The girl with her hair down,” shouted a really buff guy. I looked at Krystal; she had her hair in a ponytail. Me?

The guy pointed at me,” you’re from the Cho family right? Kyuhyun’s sister?”

“Yeah? That’s me,” I replied. 

The guy grinned, then smirked. “So, how did you get into this school? I heard that all Cho kids were dumb. Did your appa have to pay you guys into this school?”

Oh…my.... gosh… Did he just call me dumb? My IQ was a 120.  I was practically seeing red right now.

“Dumb?” argued Kai, “I bet her IQ is higher than you and your friends combined!”

Then, Taemin and Kai dragged Krystal and I out of the lunchroom. 

“Listen, I don’t want you to hang around him, ok? My brother knew him in high school, but he could never graduated. His name is MinJin Kim. Just stay away from him ok?” said Taemin.  Krystal and I agreed. Then the bell rang and we went our next classes.

“Mihyun, what class do you have now?” asked Taemin.

“I have English with Mr. Yoon, “ I answered.

“English with Mr. Yoon? Yes! We have a class together!” smiled Taemin.  We walked together and gasped our breath together when we reached the top of the stairs.  I never stopped smiling. I was too busying talking to Taemin that I bumped into someone.

“Ompf!” I groaned.

“Sorry! Are you ok?” The person handed me their hand.

I nodded and grabbed their hand. I stood up and looked at the person’s face. My heart literately stopped. Out of all the people I had to bump into, it had to be Joon Woo.  He smiled at me and walked into my English class.

“I seriously don’t see how you like him,” said Taemin breaking the moment.  We walked into the classroom and sat down in the back.  My English teacher, Mr. Ryu, was so funny. He was the kind of teacher who was laid back. Mr. Ryu was telling us how school was messed up and was like a factory. It was true if you thought about it.  There are bells to end each shift or classes. Each hallway specializes in something like subjects. The students were “tagged” by grades. Then the school puts a label on the students like class of 2010. English class was definitely my favorite class now. 

I then went to Spanish class. Spanish was ok but it’s really hard to learn another language when you already know some many others.  I am fluent in English (I was born in the U.S.), Korean (I’m in Korea…), Japanese (my mom lived Japan for promotions), and Chinese (Kyuhyun knows Chinese and I wanted to brag to him that I knew Chinese too).  I learned French for a while, but I gave up because it was so confusing. However, I can speak French in simple sentences like “My name is Mihyun. I am fine and you?” Anyway, Spanish class ended and I went to Math. 

Math has to be my strongest subject. I think it’s a “Cho” thing. My whole entire family was amazing in math. It’s just so easy to understand and it’s a “universal language.” Math was the same all around the world so it’s really easy to adjust in math if you moved to a different country. I sat down when Taemin, Kai, and Krystal walked in. 

“No way! We all have this class together too? BEST CLASS EVER!!” grinned Krystal. 

“Hey what advisory do you guys have?” I asked. Please say Ms. Son. Please say Ms. Son.

“Um…. I have Ms. Son,” answered Taemin.

“Same here”

“Ditto.”

“We have the same advisor!” I said.  This was the best! All four of us are in the same math class AND advisory.

“Everyone, settle down into your seats. My name is Mr. Kim and I am your math teacher,” said Mr. Kim. 

We settled into our seats and couldn’t stop smiling. Nothing could ruin my day now.

 

“Ten more seconds”

“FIVE MORE”

“3,2,1”

“SCHOOL’S OVER!!!”

Everyone ran out of the classrooms and went home.

“People, this isn’t summer break or anything,” said Kai, but we were all pretty happy that the first day of school is over.  We walked over to Kyuhyun’s car where he was waiting for us.

“Hey Mihyun and friends,” said Kyuhyun.

“You do know that my friends have names right?” I said.

Kyuhyun smirked, “yeah I know, but it’s easier just to say ‘friends.’”

Kai, Krystal, and Taemin sat in the back while I sat in the passenger seat. Kyuhyun dropped them off at their houses.  We finally arrived at my house.  Home sweet home.  I could smell the barbeque grilling in the backyard. It’s a family tradition to have a barbeque dinner on the first day of school.  I love my family so much. 

I ran up to my room and flopped on to my bed.  I sighed.  I thought about my first day of school.  It was interesting and fun. Taemin, Kai, and Krystal are in my classes. My teachers were okay.  Other then Sumin, MinJim, and me embarrassing myself in front of Joon, high school might not be that bad.