First day of School

My Life with You

My heart was pounding as my brother, Kyuhyun, drove me to school. This was my first day of high school. I was so nervous. Sure I have Taemin and all of my other friends with me, but I’m starting as a freshmen.  I’m not sure if you noticed but freshmen are at the bottom of the “food-chain”.  Seniors have all the power. Hopefully, Kyuhyun will protect me though.

Ok, I need to calm my nerves down.  Let’s write.

Dear Diary,

First day of high school! Woohoo! My new life is starting!  I wonder which classes I have with Taemin, Soojung Krystal, or Jongin Kai?  Wonder what people are like there??  Ahhhh, I’m scared. 

 

“Hey Mihyun. We’re almost here so get ready to get out,” called Kyuhyun. 

 

Anyway gotta go! Wish me luck!

Fighting!!!

~Mihyun

 

I dropped my diary back into my bag and got out of the car.  The high school was huge!!  How was I supposed to remember my way around the school?  I took some deep breaths and walked toward the front entrance.  Everything was so nice. The school had white walls and polished floors.  I even saw my own reflection! O_O

I found a bench and was about to check my phone when I heard a,” Mihyun!!”  I turned toward the voice and saw my other best friend Krystal.

“Soojungie!”I smiled. 

“Yah! Don’t call me that! How many times do I need to tell you that? It’s Krystal now,” Krystal hugged me.

“How many times do I need to tell you that I am older than you?  Informal language!” I teased. 

This was Soojung Jung aka Krystal (her nickname that she likes more than her actual name). Never ever call her Soojung unless you want to get slapped in the face. Only certain people (like me) can get away with it. We met in second grade and became inseparable. Well, not as much as Taemin and I but you get the point.

“Did you hear anything from Taemin or Kai yet?” asked Krystal.

“Actually I saw Kai with his other friends and Taemin told me that he got home yesterday.” I replied.

“Argh! I miss them so much, “ groaned Krystal ” can’t wait to have our normal hangouts again.”

Just then the warning bell rang. We got up and left to our classes.  Unfortunately, Krystal has French first instead of science.  Here’s my schedule.

  1. Science
  2. Gym
  3. History
  4. Music
  5. Lunch
  6. English
  7. Spanish
  8. Math
  9. Advisory

Science was on the top floor so I was practically dying when I reach the classroom.  Man, I gotta get back into shape again. Note to self: Take a fifteen-minute run when I wake up. However, my energy shot back up again when I saw a certain-someone in my class. 

“Kai!” I ran over and hugged him.  Kai was one of Taemin’s friends that he met in SMTOWN. His real name is Jongin Kim, but he changed in seventh grade when he thought he had be “manlier”. 

“So good to see you Mihyun!” Kai returned my hugged.  I peeked over his shoulder (well I couldn’t “look” over his shoulder. He’s like a meter taller than me. Jk, but seriously he’s so tall) and saw a group of girls glaring at me.  Uh oh! I smell trouble!

Then the second bell rang starting first period. My science teacher, Mr. Park, assigned a seating chart and I got stuck with a girl named Sumin.  Let me tell you about Sumin Dong. She and I had been enemies since sixth grade.  She has a major crush on Taemin, so she tries to act cute around him. Her definition of cute was being flirty while wearing super short shorts and a low scoop tight tank top, which was also the definition of hooker, , etc. Fortunately, Taemin had no interest in her, but she always hung on to him like a puppy. Anyway, back to the science class.

While Mr. Park was talking about his class and how hard it was, I was drawing in my journal.  Yes, I carry around a diary and a journal. I’m special like that. To the people that are like, “you should be paying attention,” this is only the first day of school.  Teachers basically just talk about their subject and their grading system on the first day of school.

Anyway back to me. I was drawing a dress.  I wanted to be a fashion designer when I grow up.  It’s so much fun to create new designs that people love. It’s like music you know?

The period bell rang and I got up to go to gym.  As I was walking to the girl’s locker room I spotted Krystal changing in the corner.

“OMG! You have this gym period too!’ grinned Krystal.  I nodded. Yay!! I have a friend in gym.  Now high school gym was different than middle school gym.  In middle school, you were put in a class with people in your grade. In high school, it’s mixed grades.  We played football in class and Krystal and I tried to catch the ball. However, some senior boys threw the ball across the whole entire gym.  How were we supposed to catch the ball if you people threw it to the other sideline?  Finally, gym was over and I headed to history. 

I really hoped Taemin was in my history class. I missed him so much.  All we did was video chat, email, text, and called. He was traveling around the world for a family vacation for the whole entire summer.  Well he did come home for a week. But a week’s not enough to see your best friend.  

I got to my history class and Taemin wasn’t there. Boo.  Ms. Kang, my history teacher, talked about her class and I doodled some more.  She seemed really funny and outgoing. I’m going to enjoy this class. 

Finally the best period ever, LUNCH.  I loved food so much!  Life was about food!  You are hungry so you eat food.  To get food you need money. To get money you need a job.  When you are on the job, you are hungry so you eat. You can’t survive without food. It was the best thing in the world. 

I sat down next to Kai and Krystal.  I got out my lunch bag and pulled out my sandwich.  I was about to take a big bite out of my sandwich when someone hugged me behind my back and whispered, “I missed you Mihyun.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!!

Hoped you enjoyed reading this chapter! I had a lot of fun writing!!

I will update soon!!

~sujualltheway13   <3