Audition

My Life with You

Dear Diary,

Today is the audition!!! Do you know how nervous I am? Well, I probably not even going to get a part but still! Seohun and I aren’t talking but we try to get along when Taemin is around. But when we are alone, please don’t let anyone be in there with us because it can get deadly under five minutes…

Oh! Got to go! Ms. Kang is looking at me!

Kisses!

Mihyun

 

I hastily closed my book and put on my best smile for Ms. Kang. She rolled her eyes and continued teaching. It’s not like she can do anything. I have the best grade in the class. I should be listening though because I forget a lot of things. What did I even eat for breakfast?

During my classes, all I could think about was Seohun audition. If she gets the part, she’s going to rub it in my face and make out on stage with Taemin. Eww. If I get the part, I kiss Taemin. Double eww. So it’s not exactly a win win for me.

I practiced day and night doing every single singing exercise.  Apparently drinking honey water with lemon helps.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

“Breathe Mihyun,” Krystal said. “You’ll do fine on your audition.” I took a deep breath letting out my stress.

“Thanks. It’s just my nerves,” I said. I turned my head to the right and that was a mistake.

Taemin and Seohun were sitting together whispering in each other’s ear and giggling. I craned my neck toward to hear what they were saying. I know eavesdropping is wrong but still.

“You are so adorable,” Taemin said.

“Even more then Mihyun?” asked Seohun.

“What?” asked Taemin.

“You care more about her then you do about me!” said Sumin. Her voice was getting louder and louder. Well that escalated quickly.

“She’s my best friend Seohun!” said Taemin. “But remember she’s only my friend. You’re my girl friend.”

“No! It’s me or her! Choose now!” Seohun practically shouted.

“Seohun! This isn’t fair,” snapped Taemin. "You can't make me choose between people I care about deeply. Nothing is going to change the fact that Mihyun is the best friend I've ever had, not even you!"

Wow. They been dating for a few weeks and already they’re fighting. Hey, I got to give them credit though. High school relationships don’t last very long.

"It's me or her Taemin! You can't have me if you're going to go behind my back and spend time with her!"shouted Seohun.

“Kai and Krystal are there with me too!” said Taemin. “What’s gotten into you!”

“What about the sleepovers you guys have? I seen you two walking home together and she didn’t leave until Sunday,” said Seohun.

“Are you stalking me?”

“I care about you!”

"And? Mihyun is my friend, Seohun!” said Taemin softly "And I care about you in an entirely different way, isn't that enough?"

There was silence and I listened even closer.

“I guess,” said Seohun gently. Taemin’s lips formed a smile smile and went in for a kiss. Okay, no more eavesdropping. I looked at the front of the stage and saw Mr. Moon with some other teachers. All the people that were audition had to sit in a certain area. I saw Kai and Krystal sitting in the back and they waved at me. I waved back and smiled.

“Hi Mihyun. Nervous?” Mr. Moon said.

“Hey Mr. Moon. I’m so nervous,” I replied.

“Relax,” said Mr. Moon. “Were you told the way we are conduction your audition?"

“Yes,” I said. “I have to sing a solo then with a duet with the male lead right?”

“That’s right,” said Mr. Moon. “The male lead will get by a lot quicker because there are less boys then girls here.” He looked up at the crowd.

“Is everyone here? Raise your hand if you are not here?”

Nobody raised his or her hand (very funny Mr. Moon.)

“Okay let’s begin,” Mr. Moon clapped his hands together. “First we have Woo Joon.”

Okay fan girl moment! Joon is up there singing to this song. I wasn’t paying attention because it’s Joon!! Taemin turned around and smirked at me. Go away!  I’m too busy fan girling.

“Thank you Joon,” said Mr. Moon. “Next is Lee Taemin.”

Taemin stood up with the cheering of Seohun. -__-

“Hello. I’m going to perform a dance to Michael Jackson’s Beat It,” said Taemin. He bowed to the teachers and waited for the music to turn on.

When he started dancing, it was just wow. I have seen Taemin dance many times but this dance if somehow different from the others. Maybe he has more passion in them. Or maybe just more experience. All his moves were sharp and smooth matching the music to each beat.

Taemin finished with a powerful chest pop. Mr. Moon even stood up to clap.

“Bravo! Bravo!” said Mr. Moon.

After all the boys auditioned, the teachers went behind the stage to discuss the results. A few minutes later, they came.

“The actor that plays Romeo will be…TAEMIN!!!”

“Yes!!” shouted Seohun. She hugged Taemin.

“Joon will be playing Paris,” said Mr. Moon. Not a bad part so not a waste in his talents.

“Now for the female leads,” said Mr. Moon.

One by one, girls went up to show off their skills. I was a disaster when it was my turn to sing. I turned to Taemin and he looked up at me and mouthed “good luck” with a smile. With confidence, I went on the stage.

“Hello. I will be singing Shinee’s 1000 years by your side,” I said. I saw Taemin sit up straighter with interest. Ok, here it goes.

 

I have to tell you something
How I wanna be with you
Be with you, girl

Me ni mienai mono datte katachi ga aru
Muri ni oshikondara kowarete shimau Ohh

Mune no kagi sashikondara
Hora onaji konna kiseki
Kokoro aite ii

Afure dasu omoi kore ga boku no ai
Sarani motto, motto ōkiku natte
Sugu ni subete wa tsutae kirenai
Itsuka tsutaetai
Moshimo zen nen kakatta to e
Zutto boku no soba ni ite

I looked at the crowd and I saw Seohun glaring at me. Taemin was smiling at me while Kai was swinging his head to the beat.  I smiled and continued.

Kimi ga ita omoide no pazuru no piisu ni
Boku mo sotto yoko ni ita omoide tsunagete
Dare ni mo mi rareru koto nai
Futari no mirai chizu ega kidaa

Me no oku ni kakue ita
Hora onaji namida no imi
Boku ni misete ii

Afure dasu omoi kore ga boku no ai
Sarani motto, motto ōkiku natte
Sugu ni subete wa tsutae kirenai
Itsuka tsutaetai
Moshimo zen nen kakatta to e
Zutto boku no soba ni ite

Kimi to iu namae ni boku wo nosete
Nagai tabi ga e mitai na
Shiriau mae no kioku ni modotte
Futari no omoide ni norikaeyou
Shiroi yukiyama no kyanbasu ni
Boku to kimi o kasanete
Itsuka kitto tsutaetai

Here is the hardest part of the song. The high-pitched singing.

Afure dasu omoi kore ga boku no ai
Sara ni motto, motto ookiku natte
Sugu ni subete wa tsutae kirenai
Itsuka tsutaetai
Moshimo zen nen kakatta to e
Zutto boku no soba ni ite

I did it! Yes!

My heart is, my heart is, my heart is, my heart is yours
My heart is, my heart is, my heart is, my heart is yours
My heart is, my heart is, my heart is, my heart is yours
So you don’ t wanna be oh…

Wanna be with you
 Baby… Oh my baby.

The crowd was cheering for me! If feel really proud of myself to perform on stage in front of people. Do you know how nerve wreaking it is?

“Good job Mihyun!” said Mr. Moon. “Next we have Choi Seohun.”

I sat down only receiving a smirk from Seohun. What? Do you think you’ll get the part?

“Hello. I will be singing Amazing Grace,” said Seohun. Can she even speak English?

 

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine

 

Taemin stood up and started clapping. I have to admit, she is really good.

“Your voice was like an angel!” said Taemin.

“Thanks! I hope I get the part!” said Seohun.

The teachers came back with the results. Who was Juliet?

“We have chosen two people that can play Juliet. However, there can only be one. When I call your name, please stay here. Everyone else may leave and stay if they want,” said Mr. Moon.

What? Seohun had a panicked look on her face.

“Mihyun and Seohun”

Wait What? I surpassed everyone else! Wow…

“You will have to sing a song that we choose with the male lead or Taemin,” said Mr. Moon. ‘Then we will choose.”

That sounds easy enough. But whenever I say, I usually fail so…

“Seohun, you can go first,” said Mr. Moon. He passed her a piece of paper. Seohun nodded and went on to the stage with Taemin.

The music started playing and it was just wow… My brother sang this with his friend Tiffany.

[Taemin] Wohh
[Seohun] Ohhh

[Seohun] Gappeuge chaoreun sume jjotgyeo daranagi bappatjyo
[Taemin] Teojil deut bochaeneun simjangeul dallaeneun beop [Together] nan mollatjyo
[Seohun] Eojjeomyeon ireoke nan eoringayo haneureun wae tto iri nopeungayo
[Seohun] Su baek beoneul ttwieobwado jejarie seo itjyo

[Seohun] Baraneun mankeum nara bol su itdamyeon Nae mam gadeuk jeo haneureul damaseo jeonhae jul tende

[Together]Sesang gajang keun nalgaereul dalgo seon geudaen neomu areumdawo
Geudaen modeun geol da ttwieo neomeoseo ijen higher yeah yeah
Areumdaun geudaeege pyeolchyeojin jeo [Fany] haneureul touch the sky
Mideo on mankeum kkum kkwoon mankeum bunmyeong naeireun rise and shine

[Taemin] Buran hal surok balgeoreumeun neuryeojyeoman gagetjyo
[Seohun] Meomchwo seol jasindo eomneun chaero jichyeoman gagetjyo
[Taemin] Geudae mame gwireul giullyeo bwayo jakjiman bunmyeong deullyeo ol geoyeyo
[Seohun] Kkumiraneun daeji wie jaraodeon yonggijyo

[Taemin]Myeot beonirado ireo nal su itgireul

Nae mam gipeun eungwoneul modu moaseo jeonhal tende

[Together]Sesang gajang keun nalgaereul dalgo seon geudaen neomu areumdawo
Geudaen modeun geol da ttwieo neomeoseo ijen higher yeah yeah
Areumdaun geudaeege pyeolchyeojin jeo [Fany] haneureul touch the sky
Mideo on mankeum kkum kkwoon mankeum bunmyeong naeireun rise and shine

[Taemin] Jeomadaui saegeuro bitnaneun i sungan

Dasineun oji anheul nunbusin sunganeul uriege
Geu nugudo ijen o uril mageul su eobtjyo

Geudae du nune bichineun sesangi ontong naege mareul georeo

[Together] Urin modeun geol da igyeo naego deo nopi higher yea
Areumdaun geudaeege bureooneun barameul neukkyeo bwa
Ganjeolhan mankeum dallyeo on mankeum bunmyeong naeireun rise and shine

Touch the sky from the sky
Touch the sky

[Fany] we can fly from the beautiful sky
[Together] Areumdaun geudaewa hamkke handamyeon rise and shin

They ended the song holding each others hands and smiling into each others eyes.

“That was beautiful,” said Mr. Moon. “Mihyun, it’s your turn. “

I had a bad feeling in my gut. Seohun did really well with Taemin. They showed their true spirit on there while showing their feelings for each other as well. I looked at the song I was supposed to sing. I smirked at the piece of paper.

Taemin looked at me and said,”Ready?” I nodded and waited for the music to start.

[Taemin]neowah na chinguraneun mari eosae-khae yeoniniran mari eou-llyeo o~ nan cheo-eumeuro nae mam kobaekhal-ke
nan jeo haneulye byeoldo ttajul-ke ni-ga wonhandamyeon mwodeunji o~ nan haejul suga isseo

[Together] Oh I love you love you love you, You love me love me love me
ara nal hyang-han neoye ma-eumeul

Oh I love you love you love you, Are you love me love me baby
[Mihyun]nado neoreul sarang-hanikka

[Together] nan pabo nan neoman boneun pabo neol sarang-hae nuga mwora-go [Mihyun] nollindaedo neoman boneun pabo-ga twehl-ke
[Together] pabo nan neoman boneun pabo nae soneul jabajwo nareuranajwo neoman sarang-haneun pabo~

nan neoman saenggakhada jamdeu-reo kkumso-geseo neoman kkumkkuda~ o nan achimeul kka-eundae~

Oh I love you love you love you, You love me love me love me
ara nal hyang-han neoye ma-eumeul~(neoye ma-eumeul)
Oh I love you love you love you, Are you love me love me baby
nado neoreul sarang-hanikka

Baby~ want your love, Baby want your love~ love you love you I’ll ta-ge you in to my mind
Baby~ want your love, Baby want your love Oh oh

nan pabo nan neoman boneun pabo koma-unkeol chingudeul modu bureowohae naman boneun pabo ttae-mune
pabo neon naman boneun pabo eonjena mideul-ke uri hamkke-hae dulman paraboneun pabo

Baby~ want your love, Baby want your love~ love you love you I’ll ta-ge you in to my mind
Baby~ want your love, Baby want your love~ love you love you I’ll ta-ge you in to my mind

The song ended with me looking into the crowd and seeing Krystal standing up and cheering. I turned to Taemin seeing that he was smiling at me.

Mr. Moon went to the teachers to see who would get what parts. He came back really quickly with a small grin on his face.

“Today, we have seen many talented people audition for the female lead. However, there can only be one right?” said Mr. Moon. “We have chosen one person that has the best stage chemistry and performance with the male lead.”

Seohun looked really smug now because she was Taemin’s girlfriend and they had “better chemistry.” What happen to their interesting conversation I was listening before?

“So we have decided,” Mr. Moon continued,” That Mihyun will play Juliet.”

“What?” Seohun gasped. I felt a smile tugging on my face. Taemin put an arm around me and hugged me.

“I knew you’d get it,” whispered Taemin.

“Mihyun works well with Taemin,” said Mr. Moon. “We have given you the part of the Nurse so you can still be in the play.”

Seohun glared at Mr. Moon and stormed out of the auditorium.

“Good job Mihyun,” said Kai.

“You two were amazing,” said Krystal.

“I knew you would get the part,” said Kai. “You’re a far better performer than Seohun. She’s a good singer and all but I don’t think the stage is for her.”

“I think I have better experience since I see my best friends perform a lot,” I said. Taemin turned to me and put his arm around my shoulder.

“So it’s all because of me, right?” smirked Taemin.

“Sure…” I said. “Aren’t you going to go after Seohun?”

“Nah. I want to spend time with my best friends now,” said Taemin.

I wouldn’t have that any other way.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! *waves*

I feel like this chapter is really messy so I will try to make the next chapter better.

you, keep on reading!!

~sujualltheway13