Cloud 7

Fix You

Joonmyun pulled the car to a stop in front of a large house with a beautiful front lawn. The house had two floors, and a basement, as well as a swimming pool in the back. There were flowers growing around the house, and the hedges were trimmed to perfection.

 

"Stay here," Joonmyun said, with a grimace. He didn't bother taking the keys out as he hopped out of the car.

 

"Good luck," Kyungsoo called after him.

 

Joomyun gave him a small wave in appreciation. Kyungsoo watched as his back disappeared into the house.

 

Minutes passed, and Joonmyun still didn't exit the house. Kyungsoo fidgeted with his phone, wondering if he should text Joonmyun. He probably wouldn't look at his phone though.

 

Suddenly, he heard yells coming from inside, muffled but clearly angry. Kyungsoo cringed and hoped Joonmyun was okay. He shouldn't be sticking his face into other people's business, but he worried about Joonmyun more than he wanted to admit.

 

The front door burst open and Joonmyun ran out, a fresh bruise above his eye to accompany his already cut cheek and busted lip. The cut on his cheek had opened again, and blood seeped out through the wound.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened as Joonmyun sprinted across the lawn. His eyes had a frantic look as his bag jostled around on his back. His uniform was tucked under his arm. His eyes seemed to scream, 'start the car'. There was a figure screaming at Joonmyun near front step.

 

Kyungsoo quickly shoved the key in the igntion and opened the door for Joonmyun. He threw his uniform at Kyungsoo before closing the door quickly and stepping on the pedal so hard the tires screeched. In the rearview mirror, Kyungsoo could see the shrinking figure of a tall man who looked like an older and more evil version of Joonmyun.

 

"Guess he's an early bird," Kyungsoo laughed nervously. Joonmyun ignored Kyungsoo's attempt at a joke and focused on the road. Kyungsoo looked at Joonmyun in concern, noticing the way his jaw was set, and his brows were furrowed. His knuckles were white as he gripped the steering wheel tightly. He threw the wheel sideways, the tires screeching.

 

After 10 minutes of aimless driving, Joonmyun had calmed down and reverted to his normal cold and quiet self. He stopped the car on the side of the road and took a deep breath.

 

"Does it hurt?"

 

Joonmyun looked at Kyungsoo in confusion. "Excuse me?"

 

Kyungsoo pointed to the cut on Joonmyun's face. "Its kind of bothering me..."

 

Joonmyun pulled his phone out to inspect his face. He made a tsk sound as he touched his bleeding lip.

 

"I have some first aid stuff in my bag," Kyungsoo said, rummaging through his backpack. He pulled out a little pouch, and opened it to reveal band aids, cotton swabs, and a small bottle of rubbing alcohol.

 

Joonmyun scowled at Kyungsoo as he poured rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab. "This is gonna sting," Kyungsoo said, gently dabbing the cotton on Joonmyun's cheek.

 

Joonmyun made a face, but didn't flinch. He watched Kyungsoo apply a band aid and repeat the process with the other cut. He felt like he was treating a wounded animal, using kindness and gentleness to gain its trust. When he was finished, Kyungsoo smiled. "There you go. All patched up and ready to go."

 

Joonmyun checked the time on his car. It read 7:45. School didn't start until 8:30, so he started the car and drove.

 

"This isn't the way to school..." Kyungsoo blinked in confusion. Joonmyun didn't say anything, and continued driving.

 

After another 10 minutes, they arrived back into the outskirts of the slums. They drove around to the back of a shady looking restaurant, its neon sign flickering and buzzing. It read ‘Cloud 7’.

 

 "I didn't bring my wallet today," Kyungsoo said.

 

Joonmyun pressed a button on his keys and the car beeped. "Its my treat."

 

They entered the shabby building and sat in a corner. The placed smelled like smoke, and the paint was peeling. However, the ambiance of the restaurant was quite welcoming. The waiter gave them their menus, fist bumping Joonmyun. "Your friend isn't from around here," the waiter said. He had a pretty face, blond hair shaved at the sides and back, but his bangs were long and rested on the edge of his round, black, glasses. He had many piercings on his ears, as well as an eyebrow piercing. He leaned closer to Kyungsoo and smirked. "What's a pretty little like you doing in the slums?"

 

"Piss off," Joonmyun answered with a smirk. He didn't seem intimidated in the least. In fact, he seemed to be joking with the waiter.

 

Kyungsoo gulped. "I'll take a hot red tea and a breakfast sandwich, no cheese." He smiled nervously at the waiter.

 

The waiter flipped his blonde hair and gave Joonmyun a strange look. "You have really weird tastes in people."

 

Joonmyun ignored the comment and handed him a $50 bill. "Your strongest coffee and a strawberry waffle. Keep the rest."

 

"Manly drink and girly meal," The waiter snickered as he wrote the order down. "10 minutes." He stuck his tongue at Joonmyun, revealing a silver tongue piercing. Joonmyun made a face back at him.

 

"So you know that guy?" Kyungsoo asked, scratching his neck awkwardly.

 

Joonmyun smirked. "Don't worry about him." His eyes flickered around the room, looking anywhere but at his friend.

 

Finally, Kyungsoo gave in to his curiosity and concern. "What happened? Why did you send me that text?"

 

Joonmyun looked startled for a split second before his expression became static and dead again. "My bastard of a father happened."

 

Kyungsoo looked down sadly. "I'm sorry..."

 

"Don't be," Joonmyun said, typing something on his sleek, white Samsung Nexus 4. He frowned, pausing for a moment before turning the screen off.

 

"Who was that?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

"Dealers."

 

"I thought I told you not to talk to them anymore!"

 

"Too bad."

 

Kyungsoo sighed. "Tell me what happened with your dad. I know he doesn't treat you well, but why did you end up on the curb this morning?"

 

The waiter arrived with the food, placing their plates down in front of them. "The walls have ears, ," he said, patting Kyungsoo's shoulder as he went back behind the counter and to the kitchen.

 

Kyungsoo looked at Joonmyun in worry, who now had a frown plastered on his face. "Later," he said.

 

They ate in silence, Joonmyun angrily stuffing chunks of waffle down his throat while Kyungsoo chewed on his sandwich like a dainty little princess. The waiter came by again, and placed a chocolate cake on the table. "Its on the house," he explained. He leaned on the side on the table and turned to the doe-eyed boy. "So you come here often?"  

 

Kyungsoo nodded. "I come here to hand out food sometimes." He smiled at the waiter, even though his very presence was scaring the crap out of him.

 

The waiter nodded slowly, placing a hand on his hip. "Is there a reason you hang out with Joonmyun?" He was dead serious. There wasn't a trace of the playfulness from earlier. To Kyungsoo, he reminded him of his mother, chiding him for always going to the dangerous part of town, even if his intentions were good. 

 

"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo asked, blinking in confusion.

 

"Nothing in particular," he said, inspecting his nails. He looked at Joonmyun from the corner of his eye, who's mouth was curled into a silent snarl.

 

The waiter turned back to Kyungsoo. "Bad things happen around here, . This is the hood, and the hood is an unforgiving and merciless place. Hanging around with this guy in particular," he jerked his thumb in Joomyun's direction, "is like asking for trouble." He leaned closer to Kyungsoo and lowered his voice. "There's a turf war stirring amongst the bigger dealers, and it looks like things are gonna get ugly. I recommend you go back to wherever it is you come from."

 

Joonmyun suddenly stood up, jarring the table. "We're leaving," he said, glaring at the waiter.

 

The blonde delinquent shrugged and took a card out of his apron pocket. He quickly scribbled something on it and handed it to Kyungsoo. "I'll be lurking if you need me." The card read Nam Taesook, and a phone number underneath. His writing was slanted and elegant.

 

Joonmyun growled, pushing Taesook away and grabbing Kyungsoo's wrist. "We're leaving," he repeated. Joonmyun dragged D.O out of the restaurant, letting go when they got to the car.

 

They both got in, Kyungsoo scared and confused while Joonmyun was annoyed and angry. "What's going on? Why are you part of this turf war? Why didn't you tell me you were in trouble?" Kyungsoo rubbed his wrist in pain. Joonmyun glanced at Kyungsoo and the latter though he saw a flash of and apologetic look in his eyes. 

 

Joonmyun swerved a corner, nearly hitting another car. "I'll explain later."

 

Kyungsoo persisted. "You shouldn't talk to those people, they're just trouble. Please don't hurt yourself. Also if you need any help, I'll help you. I------"

 

"I don't need your help."

 

Kyungsoo flinched at Joonmyun's cold attitude. His eyes were focused on the road, cold and hard. Kyungsoo had already gotten used to this side of Joonmyun, and he knew that once the CEO's son set his mind to something, he wouldn't change his decision.

 

"Okay, but you have to come to school with me," Kyungsoo said, pouting and crossing his arms. 

 

There was a pause, and then a sigh.

 

"Fine."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Okay so yeah really sorry about the weird formatting last time, I updated from my phone, and I didn't realize that it looked like that OTL So Sorry OTL 

I'll be updating much faster, since school just started, but there aint nothing to do yet LOL So yeah here you go and enjoy! Hopefully its easier to read now haha :D

Also thanks everyone for subscribing! I am so happy becuase I have 50+ subscribers and its only been 9 chapters! And all these lovely comments make me so happy :D Thank you all I love you :D

Next chapter should be up within a few days :)

UPDATE: Sorry I was inconsistent with D.O's name I forgot to change it earlier so its Kyungsoo now and will be Kyungsoo for the rest of the story wheeee