Joonmyun

Fix You

"Oh my god, what happened to you?" Chen looked at Baekhyun with mild surprise as he sat in front of him, plopping his lunch tray down.

 

Baekhyun winced as he scooped rice into his mouth, the corner of his mouth bleeding. "I tried to give Chanyeol some math notes, but then those two other guys beat me up."

 

Minseok smirked as he chewed his kimchi. "Second week and you’ve already got beaten? That’s a new record."

 

Chen sighed. "Did you see the nurse?" He asked.

 

Baekhyun nodded. "Yeah, I did. She called me newbie." Baekhyun scratched at the bandaid near his right eye, which was turning purple. He also had a pair of broken glasses in his front pocket.

 

Minseok laughed. "You deserve it. No one messes with the Trio, even though it’s basically Kai and his minions."

 

Chen scoffed. "Kai's a retarded hothead."

 

Suddenly, a dejected looking boy with huge frog eyes sat down beside Baekhyun. Chen and Minseok both looked up in surprise. "Kyungsoo, what's wrong?" Minseok asked. That was by far the nicest thing Baekhyun has ever heard him say.

 

"Joonmyun's not here today," he sighed. "And I can't find him anywhere."

 

Chen and Minseok exchanged looks. "We should probably find him before something bad happens," Chen suggested.

 

"All in favour of skipping the afternoon?" Minseok piped up, raising his hand. Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo shot him glares. Minseok pouted. "Goody-two shoes."

 

"Joonmyun'll probably show up," Chen said indifferently, ignoring Kyungsoo's concern. "He's smart enough not to do anything stupid."

 

Baekhyun looked at all of them in confusion. "Wait, who's the guy who just sat down and who's Joonmyun?"

 

Kyungsoo turned to Baekhyun and smiled widely. "I'm Do Kyungsoo. I'm half British and half Korean. I came here two years ago. Nice to meet you."

 

Baekhyun blinked. "Wow, your Korean is pretty good for someone who's only been here for two years."

 

Kyungsoo laughed. "I move back and forth."

 

"Joonmyun is the school's druggie," Chen explained. "Kyungsoo's basically the only person he will ever talk to."  Chen smirked and stuffed a piece of beef into his mouth. "They've had a history." He exchanged knowing glances with Minseok, who snickered as well.

 

Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo with surprise. "You did...?"

 

Kyungsoo immediately turned very red and shook his head feverishly. “No! It’s not what you think.” His eyes saddened. “Joonmyun looked lonely, so I wanted to try to be his friend. In the end he was the one who helped me the most.”

 

“Oh…” was all Baekhyun could say, as he poked at his food.

 

Chen sensed the awkward atmosphere and laughed. “It’s okay, Kyungie, we’ll find him.” He finished the last of his lunch and whipped out his phone. “It’s only 12:00, so we still have plenty of time before class starts.”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. “Its best if you guys don’t get into this. I’ll figure it out.”

 

Everyone shrugged and went back to eating. Kyungsoo took out his phone and texted Joonmyun. Where are you?

 

A reply came a few seconds later: Don’t come find me.

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip nervously. Why?

 

Just don’t.

 

Kyungsoo sighed. There was only one reason why Joonmyun would answer like that, and Kyungsoo knew it was best not to interfere. He put his phone away and continued eating, but there was still a nagging feeling that something bad was going to happen. Somehow, he knew that today was different than the days before.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Hey Baekhyun!” Kris called out to the shorter boy as he was walking to Gym class. He put his arm around him and laughed. “How’s my new best friend doing?”

 

Luhan shook his head, while Lay smiled. “He’s never gonna change.”

 

Baekhyun looked at Kris uncomfortably, but didn’t have to heart to shrug him off. His mother always told him to make friends with as many people as he could, and Kris wasn’t the best person to make an enemy out of. “Hey,” Baekhyun answered simply.

 

“You wouldn’t believe what happened today,” Kris rambled, using his best theatrical voice. “I was walking to school today, and there was this elementary student getting his money stolen from him. I went up to the bullies, and I told them,” he paused to clear his throat and fake a manlier tone, “You better run or else I’ll beat you guys up. Then those kids ran for their lives.”

 

Kris grinned at Baekhyun with a smug satisfaction, but Baekhyun could only return his enthusiam with an awkward smile. Luhan walked past Baekhyun with a smirk and whispered, “More like he ran before the kids could beat his .”

 

Baekhyun laughed at Luhan’s little joke. Kris glared at Luhan. “Hey! I heard that!”

 

Kris proceeded to chase Luhan down the hallway, making swinging motions with his fists good-naturedly. Baekhyun sighed in relief. Kris was out of his hair, for now.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey guys! I know I haven't updated in a while, and I'm really sorry for that ^^; I've been busy with school an such, but its the summer now so I have a lot more free time :) That means more updates :D

Sorry if the first few chapters don't really connect, that's because I have to introduce all the characters, and who they are and such. It all comes together later though, you'll see :) 

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll continue to follow my story even fi I do update super super slow sometimes OTL Leave a comment telling me how I did!! :D 

Thanks so much guys!! :D