Treasure

Fix You

The school trip ended quietly, with no big incidents happening after the night of Luhan’s party. The students sluggishly began their normal school routines again, whining and complaining about having to start their school work again. Baekhyun stood at his locker with Chanyeol, since Chen and Minseok decided to skip school because they wanted to sleep.

Tao had not come to school that day either, leaving Luhan, Yixing and Kris standing near their lockers at the other end of the hallway. The usually model like Kris looked like a mess. He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair stood up in every direction. Even the happy Luhan wasn’t smiling. It was an accepted fact that when Luhan didn’t smile, things were very, very bad. The trio were whispering to themselves, with Luhan looking quite pissed. Yixing seemed to trying to keep Luhan from punching Kris until his face was a swollen lump, though that was probably what he deserved.

Finally, after many moments of debate, Kris finally headed down the hall to Baekhyun’s locker. Chanyeol noticed the male walking in their direction, and immediately put himself between the two like a big guard dog. “Please,” Kris started, “I--”

Baekhyun walked out from behind Chanyeol. “It’s okay,” he said to the taller boy. Chanyeol growled, but stepped back. “What do you want?” Baekhyun gave Kris a disappointed look.

“I’m really sorry for what happened, I didn’t mean it. I was so drunk, things happened…” He trailed off staring sadly at his feet. “I didn’t want to hurt you, that wasn’t me. I’m sorry, I really---”

“Sorry’s not gonna cut it.” Baekhyun’s voice was steely cold, his gaze unfeeling. He was done with Kris. Maybe in the future, Baekhyun could bring himself to forgive and forget, but it was too soon for that. He turned and motioned to Chanyeol. “Let’s go.” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at Kris, as if to say ‘that was lame.’ before turning and following the Baekhyun down the hall.

Kris watched the pair walk down the hallway in dismay as his friends joined him. Luhan slapped the back of his head. “There’s your answer, .” Yixing looked at Luhan with a chiding look, as if to say ‘Don’t hit him.’ Luhan shrugged at Yixing before walking away, heading to his next class.

Yixing looked at Kris sadly. He wanted desperately to do something to help his friend, but even he thought Kris had crossed the line. Out of all the stupid things Kris has done, this was probably one of the worst. He patted his friend on the shoulder before following Luhan down the hall, leaving Kris standing alone.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Did you parents come home today?”

A boy with black hair and tan skin about the age of 10 swung his legs over the edge of the playground. His blonde friend sat beside him, his back to a wall. He had a sad, worried expression on his face. “No,” he replied. “They didn’t.”

The black haired boy looked down in dismay. “Oh,” he said. “It’s been a while, hasn’t it?”

“Seven days, to be exact.”

He pushed himself off the edge and landed with a thump. “Do you know where they went?” He watched his friend hop over the edge and join him on the ground.

“No,” the blonde boy replied. He fiddled with his hands. Because his parents suddenly disappeared, he had nowhere to stay. He had been watching the news lately too, and he hadn’t seen anything about murders or accidents. Although he was only 10, he was quite intelligent for his age. He was ready to accept his parents had abandoned him.

The black haired boy patted his friend on the shoulder. “You can stay with me,” he said.

“I can’t stay with you forever though,” the blonde boy replied.

The black haired boy grinned. “Who says? I’m sure my brother wouldn’t mind.”

Suddenly the scene changed. Red and blue lights flashed through the night, reflecting on the asphalt road slick with rain and blood. Caution tape was wrapped around 2 cars, overturned and burning. Shadows of bodies in the cars could be seen in the darkness, likely dead. Paramedics and firefighters attempted to save the people in the cars, while policemen asked questions to bystanders. Two boys about the age of 15 stood behind the yellow lines and watched in horror.

The blonde haired boy turned his head to look at his friend. His friend’s expression was a mix of horror, disbelief, and pain. Both of them knew who was in the car. It was unmistakable.

It was his older brother.

 

 Kai woke in a cold sweat, shooting up in bed. He checked his phone and it read 7am. He had been hoping to sleep in since it was a Saturday, but after that dream there was no way he could go back to sleep.

Careful not to wake Sehun who was sleeping on the ground next to him, he made his way to the washroom to clean up. They lived in a small, leaky house in a poor part of town, but it was all they had. They could barely afford rent, let alone have enough to feed themselves. The pair lived by stealing and working for the gangs, although they did that a lot less often now. They only had each other.

After eating a small breakfast, Kai changed into exercise clothing, and stuck his earbuds in. He usually was not the type of person to go for a run in the morning, but he decided this was better than sitting at home doing nothing. It would help him take his mind off things He had been in a bad mood ever since the school trip, that day Yixing and him fell off the mountain. Its not that he was mad at Yixing. He was annoyed that Yixing would ask him such personal questions when they barely knew each other, but also surprised at how genuinely concerned Yixing was about him. The image of Yixing's face in the sunset as he wrapped Kai's hand suddenly flashed through the latter's mind. He quickly shook the scene out of his head.

The dark haired boy was so engrossed in his thoughts he almost bumped into another runner. "Sorry," he growled, swearing to himself for being so clumsy.

"Kai?"

He frowned. The voice sounded familiar. He turned around and saw Yixing standing a few meters away. He looked flustered, and was nervously playing with his earbuds. "Ummm," he mumbled, stepping forward. "I'm sorry about the other day, I didn't mean to pry. I'm usually a lot more careful about these things, I---"

"It's fine," Kai said, cutting Yixing off. It wasn't actually completely fine, but Kai could barely understand Yixing's mumbling and quiet voice. It also made Kai uncomfortable when someone apologized to him.

Kai continued on his way but stopped when he heard Yixing yell 'Wait!' He turned around to see Yixing running up to him. Why was this guy trying so hard? Its not like they were friends, and quite frankly, Kai did not care about being friends with anyone except Sehun.

Yixing fiddled with his fingers, staring at anything but Kai. "I-Is there some way I can m-make it up to you, I-I'll treat you to something sometime or the other..." He trailed off, mumbling so quietly that Kai didn't even catch the last bit. His face was also red, and whether that was from running, or he was blushing, Kai didn't know.

"Its fine," the tanned skinned boy repeated. "I don't really care." Something inside him told him that he did actually care, but he wasn't about to let that show. "I'll see you," Kai said, turning and continuing his jog. I guess I'll be nice and at least say goodbye.

Kai felt a little bad for leaving Yixing there alone, he look pretty disappointed. However, what confused Kai even more was that Yixing was jogging around his neighbourhood when the rich businessman's son lived in Gangnam. Its not like Gangnam was close by either, and generally normal people avoided walking through the slums. He sighed and decided not to think about it anymore. Yixing sure is weird.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: So I realized I messed up the order of the chapters. This one actually goes between the previous chapter and the one I poster last week haha. I realized this when the file numbers didn't match up and I was like O_O

I'll post the other one again, and my other update so double update I guess haha