Headphones

Fix You

 

 

 

As long as you love me

We could be starving, we could be homeless, we could be broke

As long as you love me,

I’ll be your platinum, I’ll be your silver, I’ll be your gold

As long as you lo-o-o-o-o----

 

Suddenly, the music from the left earbud stopped playing, causing the instrumental to become quieter and choppier. Sehun yawned and pulled his earbuds out of his ears, throwing them into his locker. Another pair broken... He sighed and scanned the pile of textbooks in his locker. Should I go to class today?

 

“Hey Sehun!” Sehun frowned, not recognizing the voice. He turned and saw Luhan leaning against the locker next to his. He pulled out an umbrella, the one that Sehun gave him the day before, and held it out. “Thanks for the umbrella.”

 

Sehun took the umbrella with a curt nod and placed it in his locker. Without a word, he closed the locker and walked away. Luhan followed behind him with a smile plastered on his face. “So my father runs a electronics company, and there’s a new model of headphones coming out soon.”

 

“Yes,” Sehun nodded. “I’m aware.” They turned the corner, passing a group of students who gave them funny looks and mumbled, “Why is a member of the F4 hanging out with him?”

 

Luhan stopped and pulled out a pair of sparkly new headphones out of his backpack. “Ta-da! My dad said I can have these, but I want you to have them. It’s still a prototype, so it might be a little buggy.”

 

The taller boy blinked in confusion as he took the headphones, still in the box. The headphones were mostly black, except the blue LED rings on the speakers. The cushion part was made of soft, dark grey leather. “Try them on,” Luhan urged.

 

Sehun plugged the cord into his MP3 player and resumed the Justin Bieber song from earlier. The LED rings lit up as the clear, crisp music played from the speakers. He could hear and feel every beat, as if it was right inside his head. “These are amazing,” Sehun took the headphones off and held them out to Luhan.

 

The shorter male laughed and shook his head. “They’re yours.” Someone called Luhan’s name from down the hall, and he turned and shouted back. “Thanks again for the umbrella,” Luhan said with a smile. “See you around!”

 

Sehun watched as Luhan joined the rest of the F4, and an image of the tall, model like boys with crowns and red velvet capes came to his mind. The people around them were wearing plain clothing and bowing down to the kings, completely captured by their presence. Sehun shook the image out of his mind. If anything, Luhan would probably be a princess with that feminine face...

 

The tall blonde boy sighed and headed for his classroom, the headphones tucked safely in his backpack.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Ah, I’m beat!” Kai flopped onto the mattress, which occupied most of the floor space. He immediately regretted his decision to do so as pain shot up his ankle, causing his to sit back up and swear.

 

Sehun walked to the kitchen and put his bag down on a chair, taking each item out one by one and placing them in a neat pile on the table. He paused when he saw the headphones in his backpack. Should I take them out? Kai would ask questions...

 

After a few moments hesitation, Sehun decided that because Kai was his best friend, he would not ask any silly questions or judge him. I can trust Kai, right?

 

He took the fancy headphones out of his bag and placed them on the kitchen table, then headed to the fridge to pick out a bun to eat. Kai noticed the shiny new gadget and rolled off the mattress. “Dude, what are those?” he said, crouching next to the table to get a side view of the headphones.

 

Sehun sat back down, with a cream bun in his hand. “Headphones.”

 

“I’m not stupid,” Kai said, picking them up and turning them over. “I meant where did you get them. These aren’t supposed to come out for another month.” He plugged the headphones into his iPod, turning his favourite song on.

 

Sehun twirled a pencil in his hand while taking a bite out of the bun, a dollop of cream sticking to the corner of his mouth. “Luhan gave them to me. I let him borrow my umbrella yesterday.” The tall blonde nonchalantly stared at the textbook in front of him, wondering which parts were worth studying and which parts weren’t.

 

Kai laughed as he bobbed to the beat of the music. “These are amazing!” His voice was about five times louder with the headphones blasting music into his ears. He took the device off and set them down on the table. “Do you realize what we could do with these?”

 

“No,” Sehun replied, not looking up from textbook. “I don’t.”

 

“We could sell them. I’m sure there would be companies willing to pay a lot for a prototype from one of the biggest electronics developers.” The tan skinned male sat next to Sehun and began to formulate a plan. “We could put up an ad or something, or send an email. How much do you think we could sell it for? Six hundred? Seven hundr----”

 

Sehun suddenly stood and snatched the headphones off the table. “No. We are not selling them.” His voice was adamant, and Kai could tell there was nothing that could change his mind. It didn’t mean he wasn’t going to try.

 

Kai stood up and matched his friend’s gaze. “We need that money, Sehun. We can barely afford to pay rent after buying things like food and clothing.” Kai tried to take the headphones away from Sehun, but the taller boy jumped backward, anger flaring in his eyes.

 

“No,” Sehun repeated. “We can find the money some other way, not buy selling these.”

 

“Why are they so important to you?” Kai slit his eyes in suspicion. “Do you like them that much that you would give up money for them?”

 

The blonde male shook his head. “Because this is a prototype, it would hurt Luhan and his dad’s company if it were to leak into the hands of another company. Luhan trusts me with this, and I don’t want to betray his trust.”

 

Kai blinked in confusion. For once he was shocked speechless. Sehun never showed much emotion, let alone protected anything. It was a different side of Sehun Kai had never known, and he didn’t like it. Trust was something brothers were supposed to have, and Luhan was definitely not a brother. “It’s because of Luhan, isn’t it? You like him.”

 

Sehun sat back down, his jaw set in a hard line. “I don’t, Kai. You wouldn’t understand.”

 

The words felt like a slap on the face, causing the shorter male to forget whatever insult he had prepared. He stiffly waddled to the mattress and stuffed his earbuds into his ears, playing his music at full blast. “What I don’t understand is you.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey readers! So I know I haven't updated in a while (a really long while) and I'm truly truly sorry about that. I'm so glad there are still so many wonderful subscribers and even if I haven't been updating, people keep subscribing. Like seriously, where do you guys keep coming from? I am so grateful for all the support I've been getting and it really made my day to see that you guys still wanna read my story, if you still do that is haha

As for why I've been gone for so long, its because I've been really busy with school and life and family and blah blah blah. But I've also had some very tough emotional times because of the items listed above and I'm really sorry to say but writing fanfics just wasn't my top priority. 

But now that its summer and I've completed my summer course, I'll be a lot more active now! Yay! Or nay, I don't know haha 

So expect more chapters for this, as well as my other fics (maybe OTL) and again, thanks so so so much for staying with me. 

Don't forget to comment, as I do read every one of them and I reply to all of them too :D Even if you just write three random letters its all good :) Thanks so much for reading and expect the next chapter soon :D 

 

PS. Do people even read the author's notes lol