Math

Fix You

 

 

 

 

BAEKHYUN'S POV 


I followed them up the stairs and onto the third floor, trying to walk as fast as possible. They were all at least 5 centimeters taller than me, making me have to put a jog into my step every once in while. Luhan had parted ways with us on the second floor. He had history and he whined about being separated from his friends. 

We reached the classroom, and half the students were already sitting in their seats. Kris headed to the front of the class, but there were only three seats. He paused and turned to the person sitting next to the empty seat and was about to ask him to move when I stopped him. "It's okay," I said. "I'll sit somewhere else." 

Kris looked at me apologetically. "Are you sure? I don't think he would mind moving." 

I shook my head and smiled. "I'll be fine." I started towards the back of the class, and took the last seat available. To be honest, I didn't really want to sit with Kris. He was a player, and I didn't like people like that. Plus he came on too strong, and made it obvious he was interested in me. He was probably those guys who slept with a girl every few weeks and broke up right after. I despised those guys the most.

I sat down and placed my backpack on the floor, and took out my pencil case and a notebook. I didn't notice I was sitting beside one of those guys that Chen warned me about until I looked up as the teacher walked in. 

Mr. Cho was young, and he didn't look more than twenty five. He had curly brown hair, and a wide grin. Tapping the chalkboard with his knuckle, the students quieted down and gave their attention to him. 

"Alright class," he began. "I'm giving you an assignment that you have to finish by next class." The whole class groaned in response. I pouted. What kind of teacher gives homework on the first day of school? 

He tapped the chalkboard again, and I assume this was the technique he used to get the students attention. "Don't worry, you get to work on it with your partner, which is the person sitting next to you." He grinned and straightened a package of papers on his desk. "I'm giving you this whole class to work on it. Let's get cracking." 

I turned to my partner, whose name I had already forgotten. I was never really good with names, but I think his name started with a ch. 

"Hi," I said brightly. "I'm Baekhyun." 

He turned his head slightly to look at me, but he quickly looked away. "You shouldn't talk to me." His voice was low, and it rumbled like an earthquake.  He said this quietly, and there was a hint of hesitation in his voice. 

I pout and take the package from the person sitting in front of me. "Well I don't think we have choice, do we?" I look at the questions on the sheet. Most of them were first year calculus problems, though I think I could solve most of them. 

 

I took out and opened my binder to a blank page and began to solve the first question. It was a graphing question, and it wasn’t too difficult. I sketched the graph on a blue sticky graph note, and pressed it onto my paper. I handed the sticky notes to my partner. “Do you need it?” I asked.

 

He gave me a funny glance, before taking a piece off and handing the rest back to me. He copied what I did, but he didn’t draw a graph. He only stared at his paper blankly, and twirled his pencil in his hand.

 

I frowned in confusion. This school was supposed to be for the elite of the elite, but there were still people like him here. I looked around the room, and even though many of the students were chatting, they were unfazed by the problems on the worksheet.

 

I did a few more problems before pushing my desk towards my partner’s, and slid my paper onto his desk. He blinked and looked at my paper, before looking back at me. I smiled. “Copy it,” I said. “The questions aren’t going to do themselves.”

 

He nodded a quick thank you before copying my answer. I watched as he copied, and I knew he wasn’t able to understand. I didn’t expect him to. “What’s your name?”

 

He flinched at the question, but stopped writing for a second. He seemed to be thinking about something, and thinking hard. I wasn’t sure if he was hesitating because he was thinking about the math problem, or my question.

 

Finally, he answered, but it was a quiet mutter I could barely hear. “Chanyeol,” he said. “Park Chanyeol.”

 

I smiled. “Nice to meet you Chanyeol.” At that moment I knew there was something different about him, and that he had many secrets that were locked away. From the way his body was rigid, I knew there were many things on his mind, and the burden was heavy.

 

I turned back to the paper in front of me and began to graph an equation when Kris sauntered over. He had his paper in his hand and a pencil. “Hey Baekhyun,” he said with a grin. “Can you help me with a question?”

 I sighed on the inside, but agreed to help him. I almost cringed when I saw what he was trying to do with the question. “You realize that this is completely and utterly wrong.”

 

Kris rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment. “Well math isn’t my best subject…” He laughed and looked at me hopefully.

 

I explained the question to him, but I figured he didn’t really understand what was going on. I could feel his gaze on me, and it made me just a slight bit uncomfortable. I wanted to live quietly, and not make a fuss, but I have already caught the attention of the most popular guy in school.

 

I had also sort of made friends with one of the bullies, and no doubt the other bullies will notice me soon enough. I knew there were other pairs of eyes watching me.

 

This is definitely not what I had planned. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Wow I didn't think I would already have five subbers by only putting up one chapter :) Thanks so much :D Subbers and comments are really an author's best friend :) 

I know its a little bit slow in the beginning, but I promise you there's more drama that will happen :D 

Also please leave a comment telling me how my story is! Any kind of feedback is fine, as long as it isn't bashing :P 

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next installment :)