Snacks

Fix You

Kai's body moved in time with the rhythm of the music, hitting every beat right on time. He was completely immersed in the song, involuntarily moving his arms and legs, like it was natural to him. Sehun was the other half of the picture, finishing the phrases that Kai had started and vice versa. Suddenly, Sehun's leg reached the slightest bit too far, and Kai's leg fell out from underneath him.

 

Sehun crouched next to his best friend. "You okay?" He asked in a worried tone.

 

The dance teacher, Mr. Lee jogged across the room and looked at Kai's ankle. "Are you alright? That was a nasty fall."

 

"..." Kai grumbled, rubbing his ankle in pain. "Yeah I'm fine..."

 

"Let's call it a day. It’s getting dark outside anyway." Sehun helped his best friend up by putting an arm around his waist.

 

Kai hobbled forward and grabbed his backpack. "Goddamn this hurts like a ." He rotated his foot experimentally and winced.

 

Mr. Lee rubbed his temples. "We have a performance in a couple of weeks," he muttered to himself. "This isn't good." He sighed and patted Kai on the shoulder with a determined smile. "Go to the hospital and get that ankle of yours fixed up. Get well quickly so you can join us again when you get better."

 

Kai grimaced. "I don't like the hospital..."

 

Sehun smiled and took Kai's backpack from him. "Don't be a kid. I'll take care of grocery shopping too."

 

"Fine, but don't buy too many snacks," Kai said, playfully pushing his best friend. "Or I'll beat you up."

 

"Try me," Sehun laughed.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

It had begun to rain after Sehun dropped Kai off at the hospital, the droplets coming down at a steady pace, creating small, shallow puddles on the sidewalk. Sehun opened up his black umbrella and walked to the nearest bus stop, which happened to be near the school. He still had to go grocery shopping, so he decided to walk a little further to a different stop that would take him to the supermarket without having to switch buses.

 

He was surprised to see Luhan, one of the school's princes, waiting under the sign with a textbook over his head. A sleek black Mercedes usually pulled up at the school doors every morning and after school to pick up and drop of the Chinese boy. Luhan kept looking down the road impatiently and his jacket was starting to get soaked. Sehun hesitated a moment before opening his backup umbrella and walking toward him.

 

"Here." Sehun placed the umbrella over Luhan's head.

 

Luhan blinked in surprise. "T-thank you."

 

They stood for a good two minutes in an awkward silence before Luhan finally spoke. "My chauffeur had an urgent matter to attend to, which is why I have to take the bus today," he said. "But I don't mind. I quite like taking the bus."

 

Sehun didn't say anything and continued staring straight ahead.

 

"Its kind of late, are you hungry? Do you want to get some food? I'll buy." Luhan asked.

 

The tall, blonde boy didn't speak for a few moments, then answered, "I have to go to the supermarket."

 

The bus arrived at the curb, splashing water onto the sidewalk. "In that case, I'll pay for whatever groceries you need, to express my thanks for this umbrella." Luhan said, as he boarded the vehicle.

 

Sehun followed him silently and sat down beside him. "You don’t have to.”

 

Luhan smiled at Sehun. “It’s fine. My dad is the Korean branch officer for Happy Foods Supermarket. I get everything at a discount.”

 

The taller boy stared at his feet for a moment, before saying, “Does that mean I can buy snacks?”

 

“You can buy as many as you like,” Luhan laughed.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

After the two boys finished shopping, they walked back to the bus stop, hands laden with food. “Will you be okay carrying all that home by yourself?” Luhan said.

 

Sehun nodded. “I’ll be fine.”

 

“Ah, okay then.” Luhan rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “You know, you’re pretty cool. All those rumours about you aren’t true at all.”

 

Sehun blinked, but didn’t speak. He was watching Luhan intently, like he was trying to see through him rather than look at him.

 

Luhan gulped. He could feel the intensity of Sehun’s stare, and it was starting to make him uncomfortable. “So um... I’ll be going now. See you tomorrow, I guess.”

 

Just as Luhan turned around, he heard the blonde boy speak. “Are you free on Saturday?”

 

Luhan turned and blinked. “E-Excuse me?”

 

“Are you free on Saturday?” he repeated.

 

“Oh... yeah.”

 

Sehun set the groceries down and pulled out his phone. “Give me your number, I’ll text you the details.”

 

The boys exchanged numbers and the bus arrived. Luhan waved goodbye as Sehun boarded the bus, a weird twisting sensation rippling through his stomach. He dismissed the feeling, but filed the thought away for later. Who is he, really?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

 

Wheeee double update LIKE A BAWS 

This is probably gonna be the last time I write something this quickly lol, sorry if this chapter kind of , cause I'm just introducing Hunhan right now haha. If you guys want to see more of a couple just comment down below and tell me! :D 

For all you Kailay shippers let me just say that Hunhan means Kailay, so you can expect to see that soon, maybe haha

Thanks for reading and be paitient for the next chapter!! :D