What Happens in my Room, Stays in my Room

My Jerky Neighbor

“Woah,” I exclaimed, following behind Daehyun as he paraded into his apartment. My eyes traveled over every neat, spotless surface in his room. Everything was organized, not one thing out of place. His apartment was the same size as mine, but his appeared twice as big from the tidiness and lack of furniture; there was only a bed, kitchen set, a small table, and only a few drawings hung up on the walls for decoration.

 

Daehyun crouched beside his bed and I heard a collection of clanking and clattering as he rummaged around, managing to pull out a pair of clothes. “Here,” he tossed an old, flannel, button-up shirt to me.

 

Holding the piece of clothing in front of me, I gave Daehyun a perplexed look. “What’s this for?”

 

 “Isn’t it obvious? It’s for you to change into,” he said with a snort of laughter as he began peeling his utterly soaked sweat-shirt and tank top off. “Unless you want to spend the rest of the evening in dripping wet clothes.”

 

I squealed, spinning around as Daehyun stripped out of the remainder of his clothes. “What’s wrong with you? Can’t you change somewhere else?” I panicked at the thought of a half- Daehyun standing only a few feet behind me.

 

“Why? It’s my house. You can change here too if you want. No one’s looking.”

 

“Aish, what are you saying?” Still faced away, I swung the flannel shirt back and forth, successfully whacking Daehyun it as many times as I could manage before he jumped out of its reach.

 

“It’s not like I’m going to watch you or anything. But if you’re really going to be stubborn, just go change in the bathroom.”

 

“So kind of you to offer,” I mocked, scurrying over to the only other door in Daehyun’s apartment, the one I took to be the bathroom.

 

As soon as I had gotten inside, I locked the door and unraveled the bundled up shirt. However, I soon realized to my alarm that he didn’t throw me a pair of pants or shorts. Knowing Daehyun though, he probably did that on purpose. And my entire uniform had been completely drenched, so keeping my skirt on wasn’t an option. Thankfully though, my underwear had been spared. I can’t even imagine how the conversation revolving around ‘borrowing a pair of underwear’ would go.

 

I finished buttoning it up, the shirt falling just above my knees. It was kind of like a night gown. An incredibly short, all too revealing night gown. I admitted that I felt self-conscious, but there simply wasn’t anything else that I could do in this situation. It was either this shirt, my wet rags, or going commando. And this choice honestly seemed the best right now.

 

Mustering up every last morsel of my courage, I glided back into Daehyun’s room, not wanting to appear the least bit embarrassed about how little clothing I had on.

 

Daehyun was bent over a pot of boiling noodles, humming idly to himself. The bathroom door clicked behind me, causing his attention to flick over to me. Daehyun’s mouth dropped, but he quickly tried to cover it up by faking a cough.

 

I rubbed the back of my neck, the overbearing feeling of Daehyun’s eyes burning into me. After a couple of awkward moments, I cleared my throat, causing Daehyun to be snapped back into reality.

 

 “Ah, r-right. You can go sit over there. I’m almost done making the ramen,” he looked from where he signaled on his bed, then back to me. I could feel his eyes linger one last time on my legs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“All right! Ramen’s all done! Try some,” Daehyun handed me a bowl of steaming noodles.

 

“Thank-you,” I beamed, taking the delectable looking bowl into my hands. The beefy aroma hovering in the air around sent my senses into a frenzy.

 

Daehyun plopped down next to me, making the bed sink down from his weight, causing the full to the brim bowl of ramen in his hands to flood over. He cursed under his breath as droplets of scalding ramen soup stained his shirt.

 

I nearly choked on my spoonful of ramen when Daehyun, once again, squeezed out of his shirt.

 

“What are you doing? Put some clothes on!”

 

“That was my last clean shirt, and incase you didn’t see, a -load of ramen juice just spilled all over it! And why are you making it seem like such a big deal? It’s not like you haven’t fantasized about me being shirtless before.”

 

I sat, unmoving as a rock, refusing to even take a glance at Daehyun. If I even took one peak at the undeniably y guy next to me, he would never let me live it down.

 

I heard a clank as Daehyun set his bowl of ramen down onto the floor. A devious grin fastened itself onto his face. “I know you want to look at me~” he sang while he poked my cheek.

 

“Stop that.”

 

“Why? What are you going to do?” he jeered, this time pinching my cheek.

 

Unable to look away from Daehyun any longer, I gave into him.

 

Daehyun flinched backwards as I spun around and attempted my scariest glare. My vision was quickly drawn downwards. Daehyun’s bare chest, delicately toned, accentuated the lean muscle he was showing off. I had always thought of him to be just a pretty face, but his body actually wasn’t as scrawny as I had pictured it to be.

 

“See, I knew it,” Daehyun smirked.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I huffed, turning back around just in time before a deep, violet color stained my cheeks.

 

I expected Daehyun to go back to making fun of me or poking my cheek or something, but he didn’t. And I didn’t want to risk stealing a glance at him again, so I stayed facing towards the opposite side of his room. My heart panged with curiosity and I wondered what the oddly quiet Daehyun next to me was plotting. I was instantly answered by a pair of strong arms winding around my waist, pulling me down into the cushy, inviting bed.

 

I was too shocked to scream or do much of anything as Daehyun’s lips crashed onto mine for the second time that day. His lips moved agonizingly slow, as if enjoying every second his breath was matched with mine. He pulled back for an instant, a winning smile on his face. "You're the prettiest when you smile, but even when you get mad and flustered, it's pretty too. How do you do it?" Before I had a chance to ask him what he meant by that, he returned to my lips, kissing with renewed intensity.

 

His comfortable weight pinned me in place as his hands started to roam my back, nipping at the seams of the worn flannel shirt. My heart leapt in my chest as he placed delicate kisses down my collar bone, a scene of colors exploding behind my pinched-shut eyes. Something nagged inside of me though, so I had to use every bit of self-restraint to push Daehyun off of me.

 

He stared down at me, panting slightly, the confusion blossoming throughout his features.

 

“Yah! Am I just some tool for you to kiss whenever you want?”

 

“Huh?”

 

I puffed my disheveled bangs from my eyes. “I confessed my feelings to you, but you still haven’t admitted that you liked me yet.”

 

Daehyun shot me a skeptic look. “Actions speak louder than words. And besides, I kissed you before, so why are you getting mad now?”

 

“Because the thought just struck me. New rule! No more kissing until you admit that you like me,” I shoved Daehyun off of me and bounded to the other side of his room.

 

A completely flustered and bewildered Daehyun gaped at me from where I pushed him down. “You really are something else. But,” Daehyun pondered for a brief moment before he leapt up. “You just said no kissing. What if I do... this?” Rushing towards me, Daehyun proceeded to tickle my ribcage, not letting me escape the kitchen area he had caged me in.

 

“Stop, stop, stop!” I half laughed, half cried. Daehyun only grinned, tickling me harder. Both of us jumped, a loud knock sounding on Daehyun’s apartment door.

 

“Hyung! Are you here? We brought cheesecake!"

 

Daehyun’s face fell and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. “Oh no…”

 

“What? Who is it?”

 

He turned to me, a look of wild panic lining his voice. “My members!”