Friends

Love Is Blind

Daniel stared in shock at Byunghun. He stepped closer and waved his hand on front of Byunghun’s face. As he was about to do it a second time Byunghun caught his wrist and frowned.

“That’s rude you know” he said throwing Daniel’s wrist down and backed up until he felt the edge of his bed and sat down. Daniel looked at Byunghun utterly confused. He hadn’t meant to offend him.

“I’m” he started but Byunghun cut him off.

“Just drop it” he said gruffly putting his headphones on. Daniel felt like an and was determined to apologize.

After a few more minutes of tense silence Daniel walked up to Byunghun and took off his headphones.

“Come on lets go to the café” before he could respond Daniel already had him by the wrist, dragging him through the halls. When they reached the café Daniel released Byunghun from his grip and smiled.

“What the hell did you bring me here for” Daniel ignored him and moved them to the counter.

“Order whatever you want. It’s my treat.” Byunghun looked in the direction of his voice and glared silently showing he wanted to be taken back to the dorm.

“Come on it’s my way of apologizing, just order something” Daniel pleaded wishing Byunghun could see his puppy dog pout.

“Fine” he turned back to the counter.

“Can I have a mango smoothie” Daniel asked while leaning on the counter. He glanced over to Byunghun and poked him in the side causing him to jump.

“Order” Daniel said giggling.

“What’s your most popular flavor” he asked the worker

“Strawberry banana”

“I’ll have that” he decided, knowing it was better that way since he didn’t feel like hearing the list read to him. After paying they sat down at a nearby table.

Byunghun was awkwardly sitting next to Daniel as they waited for their drinks, not really knowing what to say. A few minutes later the worker brought them their smoothies.

“I really am sorry about earlier I wasn’t trying offend you. I tend to do and say things on impulse.” Byunghun could tell by his tone that he was feeling just as awkward as him.

“It’s okay. I over reacted” Byunghun admitted twiddling his fingers.

“How about we start over, my name is Ahn Daniel but I go by Niel”

“Lee Byunghun” Niel giggled

“Yah don’t laugh” Byunghun said chuckling himself. “Just call me L’joe”

“L’joe” Niel questioned sipping on his smoothie.

“I lived in the states for a few years and that was my nickname.” He explained trying not to smile. He didn’t know what it was but Niel had him letting down his guard.

“Cool, how’s your drink” Niel asked and slurping.

“It’s okay. Honestly I don’t like strawberries, but it not bad.” L’joe admitted taking another sip. Niel stopped drinking his drink and stared at L’joe.

“Seriously, then why get it”

“Because I didn’t feel like having the menu read to me and it causes too many problems” he said taking another sip.

“Here try mine” L’joe could feel a spoon on his lips and jerked back blushing causing Niel to laugh. L’joe hid his face in his hands.

“Hey, don’t hide just taste it” he coaxed pulling L’joe’s hand down and putting the spoon back up to his lips. Giving in, L’joe opened his mouth to taste the smoothie.

“It’s really good” L’joe mumbled.

L’joe waited for an ‘I told you so’ but it never came. He heard some shuffling and decided to wait. A few minutes later Niel sat back down and snatched L'joe's smoothie away.

“What the” before he could finish Niel put another one in his hand. The smell of mango hit L’joe’s nose and he frowned. “Are you always this friendly?”

“With my friends yeah” he laughed

“Friends?” he question confused.

“What we can't be friends?” Niel questioned and wondered if he did something wrong.

“I-it’s not that I just” L’joe looked down “I just haven’t had a friend in a long time” his voice was so quiet Niel barely heard him.

“Well you have one now” Niel said while nudging his shoulder. No matter how hard he tried to fight it all L’joe could do was smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi big thanks to the people who sucribed i hop you like this chapter. I know it'smoving a little slow but it will get there. Thanks again