Getting to know each other

Love Is Blind

Niel watched as L'joe began to drink his smoothie and smiled to himself. He enjoyed making new friends, and seeing L’joe smile like that made him happy. They sat there finishing their smoothies in a comfortable silence.

“Um” Niel said after a while trying to decide how to ask his question without insulting the other.

“Um what” L’joe asked putting his drink down and turning towards the sound of Niel’s voice.

“Well, h-h-how do you get around” Niel said nervously as he watched L’joe closely.

With a small smile L’joe said “When I’m outside in new places I use a walking stick. If I’m in places like the dorm room or my house I’ll repeatedly walk the areas until I memorize the spaces; witch takes a while because honestly I don’t memorize things easily.” Niel laughed in understanding. “And I have ways of navigation the dorm since it’s to many halls” he finished. Not many people were brave enough to ask him that.

“How do you manage that” Niel asked pushing his luck.

“I can’t explain that” L’joe said rubbing his eyes as if staving off a headache. Niel instantly felt bad for asking.

“My bad” Niel’s words were soft. L’joe hearing the drop in his voice playfully punched his arm.

“Hey, it’s just a pain in the to explain. Come on lets go back to the dorm. I’ll show you” he said standing up holding his arm out. After a few moments he felt nothing.

“Come on since you dragged me here you have to be my walking stick today” Niel laughed and hooked his arm with L’joe’s.

L’joe actually hated to ask for help it made him feel like he was burdening others. He got that feeling enough from his family he didn’t want it from others. With that being said he tended to keep to himself but Niel, Niel was different he seemed truly genuine and L’joe was determined to take him up on his offer and be friends.

After a few minutes they were at the steps of the dorm.

“Ok we’re here” Niel announced and let go of L’joe.

Niel watched silently as L’joe felt out the edge of the steps and walked up them without any hesitation. Niel’s follows close behind as they enter the building. L’joe found the nearest wall and began to walk running his hand against it. Niel continued to follow and saw a braille label at the end. He quickly looked around and saw them on the end of all the hallways. He turned back as his fingers came in contact with the label and turned left and continued down the next hall. Once they reached their door Niel smiled.

“Wow, that’s really cool” L’joe only smiled. He wasn’t used to being praised for doing anything really.

“Thanks”

They spent the next few hours getting to know each other. Little things like: favorite music, foods, subjects, the works. Niel stayed away from personal subjects. From the very beginning he could tell from his encounter earlier it was better if L’joe brought up anything to do with his blindness. Thankfully L’joe didn’t ask anything personal either. Most people just don’t understand why he wanted, no needed to leave.

“What major are you?” L’joe asked after a while.

“I’m a vocal performance major” Niel said shyly.

“Ah a singer, I’m music, and music composition major.” L’joe said and after a minuet added “Could you maybe sing something for me?” his question came out in a whisper.

“Um, me s-s-sing” he stuttered “I tend to get stage fright” he admitted.

“Well think of it this way, no one’s watching you no one’s judging you. So just let your voice describe you.” As L’joe’s words sunk in Niel felt calmed. He was sure L’joe would for wanting to be a singer but having stage fright. He was glad that wasn't the case.

“O-ok, I’ll sing” Niel agreed getting off his bed and into a standing position. L’joe waited in silence and then Niel started.

“She’s back

Oneuldo gidarinda
Geujeo shiganeul geonneoddwi-eo
Neo-ege
Bukkeureobjianhge nan
Time will tell to my love
Eodijjeume itni”

L’joe just listened and Niel sang. He started off low but soon gained confidence and sang louder. L’joe began to rock back and forth as Niel continued to sing enjoying the unique voice Niel possessed. For the first time in years he wished he could see.

Once Niel finished, L’joe gave a playful applause, and a sincere bright smile.

“You shouldn’t be afraid you have a great voice, be proud of it” Niel could feel his face turning red and for the second time today was thankful L’joe couldn’t see his face.

“Thanks you really helped” Niel said surprising L’joe with a small hug. L’joe stiffened not really used to being touched, but forced himself to relax.

“Friends, right” Niel only smiled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the llllllaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttteeeeeeee chapter update.

as side notes the song niel sings is "She'sBack" by Infinite.

and don'tget used to the fluffyness angstly ness to come XD!

Rewiew and comment. Thanks For reading.