Niel's friend

Love Is Blind

L’joe’s quietness over the next few days wasn’t a surprise to Changjo. He didn’t even try to cheer him up. As much as L’joe denied it he knew the older had feelings for the other, and he hated seeing L’joe so down.

Niel didn’t miss L’joe’s sudden quietness either, but had a completely different notion as to why. He finally found the courage to say something when he saw L’joe sitting on his bed listening to music after he’d come from class. He walked in and petted his leg so L’joe knew he was there. The shorter took off his headphones and smiled up towards Niel knowing it was him.

“Hey Niel,” he said as usual but Niel wasn’t fooled by the forced smile. Something was bothering him. He had a pretty good idea as to what it was, and it depressed him to no end.

“Um, I wanted to ask you something.” L’joe nodded at the seriousness of Niel’s voice.

“Fire away.” The brunette took a deep breath to calm his nerves.

“Do you hate me now?” L’joe’s eyes bugged in surprise, out of all the questions he’d though Niel would ask, that was definitely the last thing he expected.

“What!?” He finally managed to gasp out. “Why would I hate you?”

Niel pouted before saying, “You haven’t been talking to me, completely ignoring me unless I speak to you first.” He admitted, and watched L’joe’s eyebrows raise in question. Before he could say anything Niel spoke up again. “I figured you hated me now that you know I’m gay.” He whimpered finally getting it off his chest. L’joe’s face softened at the confession.

“Why would you think that? That doesn't bother me at all. I’d be a hypocrite if it did.” Niel sighed at his statement.

“Wait does that mean you’re…” he trailed off when L’joe chuckled and nodded his head. “Then do you not like me dating Minsoo? It has to be something. You just up and stopped talking to me.” He said with a slight whine his childish side peeking through.

“I’m sorry Niel if I’ve been out of it. I’ve just been having a bad week. It has nothing to do with you and I’m sorry I made you feel that way.” He said hoping his lie was believable. Yes he hadn’t been in the talking mood but it wasn’t Niel’s fault, and he felt like an for taking his frustration out on him.

“Really?” Niel unconsciously whined. “You don’t mind me dating your cousin?” He continued and L’joe shook his head.

“No way, I don’t mind. If anything Cap is lucky to have you.” He replied enjoying the small laugh that slipped from Niel’s lips.

“Thanks.” He said and swatted L’joe’s arm right after.

“Ouch! What was that for?” he said rubbing his stinging arm.

“If classes are going bad you should talk it out not stop talking for a week. I was really worried.” Niel confessed his cheeks coloring a little.

“Sorry, I’ll buy you lunch today to make up for it.” The blonde offered as his cell phone alarm went off.

“You don’t have to do that.” Niel tried to decline but stopped when L’joe held up his hand.

“I offered so I don’t mind.” He countered knowing Niel couldn’t resist food let alone free food.

“Okay, let’s eat at the café” he suggested walking back to his bed to get his things. They hadn’t been there all week, L’joe’s been so out of it Niel never bothered to ask.

“Yeah, that sounds great.” The blond replied hoping to keep the mood light.

“Oh after your next class come to the music room. My friend Ricky is coming to visit and I want you to meet him.” The taller of the two laughed at the crunched up face L’joe made. That was one of the reasons Niel wanted him to meet Ricky. L’joe is still weary of meeting new people and he was determined to break him of that, and besides he knew they’d get along fine.

“Don’t make that face, you’ll like him.” The brunette cooed playfully pinching L’joe’s cheeks.

His hand was pushed away and L’joe rolled his eyes but smiled none the less. They headed off to lunch a few minutes later. The idea of L’joe hating him had bothered Niel to the ends of the earth, and now that he knows that’s not the case, he can’t help but be happy.

“Okay don’t forget to come to the music room before going back to the room. Don’t flake on me. He’s going to be spending the night in the room, so you might as well meet him now.” Niel said patting L’joe’s shoulder.

“Fine, I’ll be there” he mumbled sticking his tongue out childishly.

They said their goodbyes and went to their respective classes towards the end of his class L’joe anxiety started to sink in. ‘what if he doesn’t like me’ he thought as aimlessly chewed on his pen top. ‘What if he…’ his thoughts were cut off by the teacher.

“Okay class that’s all for today. Don’t forget test Tuesday. Study hard and have a good weekend” he finished. L’joe sighed and gathered his things and quickly began his trip to the music building.

He was making his way to the room when he heard the unmistakable sound of bickering siblings.

“Aren’t you supposed to be at school?” L’joe questioned, peeking his head in the room a teasing smile on his face.

“I had an off day,” Changjo said and L’joe felt a jab to his arm. “Will I see you later?” the younger asked knowing L’joe didn’t have music class today.

“Yeah, I’ll come back by wait for me.” He said and walked to the next room.

“He’s seems happier today.” Rihyo commented resting her arm on her brother’s shoulder.

“Yeah, it’s good to hear him talking again.” Changjo commented with a nod. He pulled at his shirt, letting a little breeze under it before walking into the room resuming the argument with his sister.

As L’joe walked further down the hallway he heard a soft voice coming from the next room. He recognized it instantly. Niel had a unique voice that tended to be hard to miss. He walked fully into the room, and the piano music stopped soon after.

“Yah, L’joe you came!” Niel exclaimed walking over to him and touched his shoulder.

“You sound so surprised. I can’t believe you’d doubt me.” He teased pinching the top of Niel’s hand that was still resting on his shoulder. “No faith” he finished and smiled when Niel’s laughter filled his ears.

“You know that’s not true.” Niel whined as he moved his hand and grabbed L’joe’s. “Come here” the brunette called to his friend. Soon after the blond felt his hand passed to someone new.

“This is my friend Changhyun” L’joe smiled shyly as his hand was shaken.

“Hi, you can call me Ricky.” The blonde’s smile widened at the cheerful voice.

“I’m L’joe. It’s nice to meet you.” He said looking in the direction he assumed Ricky was but was a tad off.

“So you really are blind.” L’joe’s eyes widened at the statement.

“Ashi!” Niel exclaimed loudly, and smacked Ricky on the back of his head; the sound echoing throughout the room. “Don’t say things like that.” a slightly annoyed chuckle slipped from L’joe’s lips.

“Is it customary for ya’ll to insult people you’re trying to befriend?” He said rising his eyebrows in question.

“No, I’m sorry L’joe. Ricky you .” Niel whimpered, making the older smile despite

himself.

“It’s okay, don’t worry about it Niel.” he assured, not wanting to let the younger down. “Yes I am. I’ve been blind for four years.” He finished with a short nod and felt his way to a nearby chair.

“I really didn’t mean it that way. Niel pulls my leg a lot so I was surprised. It’s really nice to finally meet you. Niel talks about you all the time.” Ricky said and ran back to the piano to avoid Niel’s hand that was trying to hit him.

“Oh he does?” His teasing was evident as he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Hey, don’t start L’joe.” The older laughed but said nothing else.

Music sounded from his right not long after, drowning the silence. It was beautiful and had a fun melody. L’joe assumed it was Ricky playing, since he knew Niel didn’t play and he wasn’t aware of anyone else’s presents in the room.

“You can be amazing, you can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug. You can be the outcast or be the backlash of somebody’s lack of love.” Niel’s voice rang out and blended with the music beautifully.

The corner of L’joe’s lips tugged upward in a small smile when he realized the song was in English. Niel’s pronunciation was better than he expected it to be. His voice as always was fluid and lifted his spirits. He sat there for a few minutes as Niel finished, tapping his feet along with the music.

“How was it?” The younger asked nervously as he walked over to the blond.

“It-”

“I thought I heard you singing.” A voice said cutting him off.

‘Cap’ L’joe thought and almost rolled his eyes when heard Niel giggle.

“Yeah, I’m practicing for class. I was just asking L’joe how I sounded.” Niel said and let out another giggle when Cap slipped his arms around his waist.

“You, sound wonderful as always.” Cap assured squeezing him lightly.

“You’re my boyfriend, so your opinion doesn't count. I need honesty. So L’joe what did you think?” The blond blinked when the conversation focused on him again. He fully expected to be ignored.

“It sounded great, though I’d suggest doing it an octave lower. The range will be easier on your voice.” He said honestly, and stiffened when he felt arm around him.

“Thanks L’joe, I’ll try that later.” The younger said pulling away from the still stiff L’joe. “Cap is taking Ricky and I out for pizza, wanna come?” He smiled but shook his head.

“Thanks but I can’t. I already promised Changjo I’d hang out with him.”

“Changjo is here today” Niel asked confused. He knew it was odd for him to be here on a Wednesday.

“Yeah, he’s standing at the door.” L’joe said with a chuckle and pointed. Niel let out a small chuckle, surprised he hadn’t noticed Changjo walk up.

“How’d you know he was there?” Ricky piped up truly curious, His eyes shifting between Changjo smirking at the door and L’joe.

“He walks hard. I heard his footsteps as he came up the hall.” He said followed by a groan when he felt a hand ruffling his hair. “Hands out of hair.” L’joe huffed and popped what he expected to be Cap’s hand.

“Yah, smurf, see you later okay.” Everyone laughed and said their goodbyes.

“I don’t know if I should be impressed or appalled.” Changjo said bemused as he walked into the room taking a seat next L’joe.

“You stink” his said pushing the other lightly. “But what do you mean, impressed or appalled?” he continued without missing a beat.

“You’re blind yet you see and know more about the people closest to you than they know about you. Minsoo probably knows you the best out of anyone but can’t tell that you’re in love with his boyfriend. Niel, Niel is the densest person I’ve even known. It’s sad really.” He finished flinching away from L’joe fist.

“How many times do I have to say I’m not in love for you to get it?” He fussed and the younger just stared at him incredulously.

“Are we seriously back to that? You know you like Niel.” Changjo said completely frustrated at this point.

“I never said I don’t like Niel” he paused “A lot more than I should, but I’m not in love with him.” If possible Changjo’s eyes rolled all the way back into his head, taking a peak at his brain.

“Keep telling yourself that.” He mumbled almost too low for L’joe to hear. He would have pushed more if he hadn’t realized that the blond was only trying to protect himself from getting hurt any further. “Sorry,” he said shortly after. L’joe said nothing, but Changjo knew the other understood.

Their silent state lasted for a few more minutes before they broke into conversation. They caught up since they hadn’t talked in over a week due to L’joe shutting everyone out for a while. They talked long into the afternoon. For Changjo that was the best part of his day. He’d missed talking to the older. They’d only been friends a few months but they were very close. It made him happy to see L’joe talking again. He cared about him, probably more than he should.

“Sum makhineun gipeun eodum sok cheomcheon sarajyeo-ga-go isseo” L’joe’s phone went off loudly scaring the both of them.

“That’s your ring tone? Really?”

“Naye soneul jabajwo (eodum so-gulbagheojwo)” it continued to sound as L’joe fished in his bad for it.

“What? I like the song. Hello?” Changjo held up his hands in surrender momentarily forgetting L’joe couldn’t see him.

His issue wasn’t with the song; it was the part he chose. “I’m disappearing into the suffocating and deep darkness.” ‘He really is an open book. Now if only Niel would open his eyes and read the signs.’ He thought as he watched L’joe talk on the phone.

“Okay, I’ll be ready. Hold on.” He covered the mouth piece and leaned towards the redhead. “Are you busy tonight?”

Even though he wasn’t really sure what was going on he answered, “No. Why?”

“Do you mind if Changjo come too? No. Great, see you in a bit.”

“What did you just invite me to? I’m not going to have to kill you am I?” The younger asked, ready to uninvited himself if he felt the need.

“Niel wants me to come with him and Ricky when they go bowling. Please come so I don’t like a third wheel.” L’joe begged with a pinch of aegyo and Changjo eyes him.

“Is Cap going?” L’joe shook his head. ‘Good because when he and Niel are together they forget L’joe is even there.’ “Ah, maybe next time. Sure I’ll go. It could be fun.”

“Thanks Changjo” he said smiling in relief.

“Always” he replied nudging the shorter’s shoulder. “Oh, I need to shower and tell my noona.”

“If you have a change of clothes, you can use my shower. It’ll save you some trouble.” L’joe offered rising to his feet, and gathering his things. Changjo hummed in response, happy he actually had a change of clothes this time.

With that settled they set off for L’joe’s dorm room. They were there in no time. While Changjo showered L’joe grabbed a bag of ships from his stash and got comfy on his bed, happily munching away. L’joe had just finished his last chip when his room door opened as well as the bathroom door seconds later.

“Changjo! Where are your clothes?” Niel squeaked as his face flushed a deep red as he got an eye full of Changjo’s very cut body.

“Changjo, please tell me you’re not . Plan your funeral id you are!” The blond threatened.

“I’m not . Niel’s just a drama queen.” He said honestly in his own defense. He wasn’t . He was covered…by a towel but still covered.

“You’re in a towel.” Niel said flustered and getting redder by the second.

“If it’s bothering you so much then stop staring.” Changjo countered a tad cocky.

“I’m done.” Was all that was made out as Ricky started laughing, before he promptly exciting the room to laugh his off down the hall.

“Brat.” Niel hissed more embarrassed than anything else.

“Why are you in a towel?” L’joe in halting the makings of an argument.

“I just forgot my clothes on your bed. I was just coming to get them when drama queen over here freaked.” L’joe let out a small chuckle and coughed to cover it up.

“Now if it’s okay with you I’ma put my clothes on now. Or would you rather ogle a bit longer?”

“Changjo! GO change” L’joe cut in again, but sill heard the younger chuckling to himself. He wondered what was up with him, because Changjo is cheeky. That much is for certain, but never this much of a smart . Changjo didn’t take long to change, and once Ricky came back (still laughing mind you) they headed out to the bowling alley. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

YAY I'M BACK!!! tumblr_inline_mr95mlmNpx1qz4rgp.gif

 

 

I bet you guys hate me right? tumblr_m08fz8o7jl1r32a8zo1_r1_250.gif I Sorry.

Please dont hate me. I've been really busy with home work and other stories and had a pinch of writers block.  Forgive me. 

Love you guys! 

tumblr_m7p7j68xnK1qmxpi5_large.gif