Roomates

Love Is Blind

Ahn Daniel made his way up to the help desk of his new dorm to find his room assignment. The woman that resided behind the desk gave him a welcoming smile. He returned her smile gratefully. Being in a new place surrounded by new people can be a bit frightening, so seeing such a friendly face put him at ease.

“Hi, welcome to the eumag dorm. I’ll need your school id and then I’ll tell you where your room is located.” She instructed as she fiddled on the computer.

Daniel rummaged through his backpack until he found his wallet. He handed her his id and waited anxiously for further instruction. He couldn’t wait to get settled in and meet his roommate.

“Your dorm number is 205. So you’re on the second floor fifth room.”

He thanked her and grabbed his bags and got on the nearest elevator. No way was he carrying his backpack and two full duffle bags up two flights of stairs.

As he made his way to his room his thoughts were filled with what he’s left behind. He had a little bit of guilt but he knew if he didn’t leave he could never move on. After his mother died he felt suffocated in his own home and knew if he stayed there any longer he would lose the last bit of sanity he had.

He made it to his door and smiled as he looked around the hall. The other dorm doors were covered with people’s names and drawings and other random things. He was ecstatic that he managed to get a room in the music and art building, since not many freshmen were able to.

He fumbled with his keys until he opened the door and walked in dragging his bags behind him. Daniel studied the room as he decided what side he wanted to be on. He threw his bags on the bed near the door; he tended to get cold sleeping next to windows. He headed back down stairs through the other students moving in to get the rest of his things. He finished most of his unpacking and decided to get some food and tour the campus. Maybe his roommate will be here when he returns.

Hours later Daniel returned to his dorm room and he sees a boy with bright blond hair and sunglasses sitting on the bed near the window. He’d made no move to greet him so he did so himself.

“Hi, I’m Ahn Daniel,” he said and bowed. When he got no response he looked back at the boy and noticed he had on headphones, music blaring. No wonder he couldn’t hear him, but he was looking right at him. So he was just being rude then. He rolled his eyes and went back to his side of the room and unpacked the rest of his things his excitement officially killed.

After a few minutes he gave up of unpacking the rest of his stuff too riled up to really do anything. He decided to turn on the TV to calm his nerves. Moments later he saw movement from the other side of the room. Daniel watched as his roommate took off his head phones.

“Oh you’re here! Hi my name is Lee Byunghun.” He exclaimed looking nowhere in particular.

“So now you care that I’m here? I introduced myself to you twenty minutes ago.” Daniel shot back, annoyance clear in his tone.

“Well, I didn’t hear you I had my music on.” the blond replied wondering what the big deal was.

“You saw me; you were looking right at me” he huffed crossing his arms. He watched as his roommate sighed and got off his bed and slowly walked closer to him.

“I see, they didn’t tell you did they?” Byunghun asked running his hand threw his blond hair.

“Who? Tell me what?” Daniel just watched him all anger forgotten and replaced with confusion.

Byunghun lifted up his sun glasses and Daniel could see a slight gloss over them but barely noticeable. “I was looking at you, yes, but that doesn’t mean I saw you. I can’t see anything. I’m blind”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks For reading!