04

The Silver Lining

 

Hai guise~ Just to make clear-- SooJin has a dark past with Baekhyun which will come up

later in the story and this is SooJin:

Jiyeon+T-ara+Dream+High+2+GIF.gif

 

(lol yeah that GIF sorta explains her personality LOL)



--NEXT DAY--

 

  Jieun managed to find herself a free period to take out for studying. But really, she didn't want to face Baekhyun in Composition class especially after what had happened yesterday. Suzy didn't pull off class, which probably meant that she was at class with Baekhyun.

  Jieun laid a Composition Grade 6 textbook infront of her and stared at the tiny words motionlessly. Her eyes were swollen from crying continuously last night, and she left the house this morning cryin again. Her eyes were so swollen it was hard for her to keep it open, let alone studying.

 

   @#$%&*@

 

The bell for second period rang, as students rushed out of the library to get to their next classes. But Jieun sat there still, very still. She didn't want to move, because even a touch of her finger would torment her with the memory with Baekhyun. She just wished she could turn back time, everything would be fine and she wouldn't embarrass herself like that.

   Jieun watched students walk into the library with books and bags, some joyful at their test paper and the majority of them wailing at their bad paper score.

 

   Jieun's eyes widened as she saw Baekhyun walk in with a female next to him. She squinted her eyes, only to feel her heart shattering to a million pieces. There was Suzy right by his side, smiling and giggling, love punching each other. Baekhyun was a totally new person after his tear break from yesterday, when he was with Suzy and not with Jieun.

 

    Suzy waved Baekhyun goodbye as she skipped towards Jieun with her books squeezed inside her arms. "Lee Jieun. WHy did you skip first period? You're usually a 2nd period skipper." Suzy settled into her seat as she made herself comfortable. SUzy lookd rather happier than usual, and she seemed to be in a extremely good mood.

  Jieun stayed silent.

 

That moment, When Suzy acted like nothing was wrong after getting her fingers all over the guy she she likes, Jieun couldn't feel any more hate than she did at that exact moment. She felt so angry, how Suzy could just act like for Jieun everything would be fine just because Suzy was.

 

"Earth to Lee Jieun?" She called out again, waving her hands in her eyes. Jieun shot up egotistically, glaring at Suzy. Suzy was smiling regardless of Jieun's hate. Jieun ignored her and fell back into her little complex, glancing at the door as students walked in and out.

  "What happened to you yesterday?" She asked,  opening her textbook as she began to take notes. "Did you get rejected by Baekhyun? Don't worry.. he's always a jerk. I've put in some good words for you so don;t worry."

 

"Do you like him Suzy..?" Jieun asked, trying her hardest not to cry again. She could feel her eyes getting hotter with tears, and it wasn't somthing she could stop that easily.

 

   "Um.." Suzy paused before she bit her lips and replied, "No I don't. Why?"

 

"Why the pause?" Jieun asked conspicuosly, hurt. Did Suzy start growing feelings for Baekhyun too? "You were having lots of fun with him in class right..?" She asked rhetorically, sarcastically.

 

"Jieun ah." Suzy completely ignored Jieun. She was full of energy and smiles, which pissed Jieun off even more. "I;m just asking out of interest.. But how did you know that you liked him?"

 

"Who.. Baekhyun?"

 

"Yeah.. Him.."

 

"My heart kept on beating million beats per minute like it would jump out even when he was way across the room.. It just wants to make you risk everything just to see his smile.. You want to be around him as long as you can, and he just makes you smile within the smallest things ever.. everything he does seems so conscious to you and you feel so hurt and betrayed when he's with other girls.. " Jieun paused, glancing at Suzy who was listening carefully.

"He turns you into a person you weren't before.." Jieun finished, folding the corners of her textbook. Jieun had fallen into thoughts about what she said without thought, how every single one of them was true.

 

"That deep..?" Suzy murmured to herself, thinking.

 

"Why..? Do you like someone..?" Jieun asked, cautiously. "Is it Baekhyun..?"

 

"I can't tell you. It's a secret," Suzy began to brighten up. "But i've never felt this way before..  I never really noticed him before but i just kind of realise how.. how.."

 

"How..?"

 

"WHat an amazing guy he was.. He just makes me smile regardless of my 45% Exam paper.. I think i'm feeling your definition of when you know you like someone.. Is this just really possible within a day? Is it lust?"

 

"Who is it..?"

 

"ANyway, i'm going on a date with him tonight. He sort of asked me out, and we're making it kind of official. So yeah." Suzy ignored Jieun once again, checking herself in her little hand mirror.

"When did you get that..?" Jieun asked, fascinated.

 

"It's a present my brother got for his girlfriend. Stole it off him on the way to collect some books." She smiled, admiring her pretty face in the mirror.

 

 

But Jieun felt a sense of uncertainty.. Why did it feel as Baekhyun and Suzy were somehow betraying her behind her back?

 

 


 

   

     School had finished for the day, and it was the first day that the dormitory subsistence would begin. Jieun was placed in the D Block with Suzy and what a coincidence, SooJin. It was insulting to see for Jieun that SooJin and Suzy were somehow getting along very well in dance class, which upset her.

 

  Everyone was busy pulling their suitcases around the dormitory corridors, allowcating their friends and themselves into their dorms. it was crowded and full of laughter and chatter, but Jieun was entirely alone in the big space filled with people. Suzy had somehow gotten too close with SooJin and it felt as SooJin had replaced Jieun.

 

  Jieun entered her room D13, where many pairs of shoes laid on the shoe shelf. there were luggage already spread everywhere on the start of the dormitory room, and she could hear chattering of SooJin and Suzy, mixed with a few other girls. Jieun entered the small living room area, where there were 5 girls including Suzy and SooJin all gathered around the corner doing Suzy's make up. SooJin and another girl were curling Suzy's hair, while the other two were doing her make up, and the other girl was working on her nails, glossing them with nail art on them.

 

   They were too busy decorating to notice Jieun's appeareance. She sighed heavily, as she layed her luggage on a separate empty bed by the corner. even on the bed, there were spreads of SooJin's clothes everywhere, and there wasn't a space to put any of her stuff. The two girls had taken majority of the shelves and space, all Jieun had was a empty wardrobe and a desk, with a clothing drawer.

 

  Jieun looked to see that SooJin and Suzy had shared a bunk bed, and they already had matching pajamas co-ordinated.

 

"Suzy he's going to love you! First kiss on the first date?" one of the girls tempted her, as the others shrieked in happiness and cuteness. "I bet my money on first kiss first date!" SooJin shouted as she placed a $20 in the centre of the floor, the other girls all putting their money towards the ground except for Suzy.

   "So if i win, i get all the money right?" Suzy exclaimed in happiness.

 

"You brat!" SooJin chuckled as the others laughed.

 

 

"Oh.. Hi Jieun." Suzy said with a strange smile on her face. the other girls turned, but didn't bother greeting her. "You look nice.. Going somewhere?" Jieun asked, glancing up and down at her new style. Suzy had turned into a sleek new pretty girl, a girl Jieun did not recognise before.

 

"Yeah, i got a date tonight. Wanna bet in the circle?"

 

'Nah it's fine.. I have homework to do anyway.. And got to catch up from Composition class.." Jieun nodded quietly, getting cut off by the other girls completely looking down on her. Jieun could really break down any moment. Right now, she just really wanted to go home. She hated being around a big crowd of people and she was as far from Baekhyun as she could get. Baekhyun was in A block, while She was in D. And it felt as she was slowly losing her bestfriend, a rivarly to come.

 

   Jieun unpacked her suitcase,  putting all her other storages away.

 

 

**1hourlater*

 

"Can i have your face?! You're so pretty !" SooJin squealed, jumping up and down as all the other girls watchd in jealousy. Jieun looked back at the noise, to see a Suzy with pretty glamour make up, curled hair which stuck out at the bottom to give a y look, and she had a short mini dress which touched up above her high thighs.

 

   "First Kiss, First date." She took a deep breath as she grabbed her mini chain clutch bag and walked out the door, waving to her other friends. Jieun watched as her other friends all packed and left the room one by one, all greeting each other quietly. It seemed as Suzy was the glue which kept the whole group stuck together.

 

  But Jieun felt something suspicious.

 

Before when she was taking a personal tour around the blocks, she had seen the laundry room in A Block, and Baekhyun's gang were fashioning him up for a date with a hot chick, and Jieun's curiosity burst out the window. What if they were going on a date together? What if Suzy fell in love?

 

 

   Jieun grabbed her black cardigan as she tried to rush out the door, stopped by SooJin.

 

'And where do you think you're going?" She asked sarcastically. "You should help clean up."

 

"Me? But you were the one who made all the mess.." Jieun reasoned. "I have no reason to clean all this for you.."

 

"Isn't this your dorm too?"

 

"Yeah, but it's not my mess." Jieun rolled her eyes. She ran out bfore SooJin could catch her, on the brink of time. She saw Suzy cut a corner at the end of the corridor, heading towards A block. Jieun was getting lulches in her stomach. could her theory really be true?

 

  She ran tip toed, hiding in the corners of each door, so Suzy wouldn't see her. Jieun ran, but Suzy cut into a private door which required a password, blocked Jieun.

 

'Dang!" Jieun groaned.

 

 

She might as well as use her time to take a break and take a walk in the streets. It was better than cleaning after SooJin's mess while she painted her nails or something.

 

   She walked along the streets of Gangnam, watching as the Christmas lights which the owners of shops were too lazy to take off shone on the buildings. It looked so beautiful, especially twinkling amongst the dark night sky. The weather was tremendously cold, but Jieun felt nothing.

 

  She walked by a ferris wheel, watching as couples got on, enjoying the night scenery. Jieun felt depressed, but why not? She decided that on a ferris wheel maybe things would clear up and she could cry upto the sky, all alone.

 

    She hopped on the ferris wheel all alone, watching as it slowly rose into the sky. The City of Seoul was gettinv clearer yet smaller. Everything was so beautiful, but the only thing that caught Jieun's mind was Suzy. Who was this guy she was dating? It couldn't be Baekhyun.. Could it?

 

    She knew that Jieun liked him.

 

 

 

 

   SHe looked back, and to her surprise, she saw Suzy sitting on the opposite end with a guy's head facing her way. Suzy was smiling brightly, as she held the young guy's hands. The boy suddenly stood up and took a seat next to Suzy.

 

    Time stopped.

 

 

 

 

Jieun really couldn't believe what she was seeing. There was Baekhyun.

 

Her Baekhyun..

 

 

 

 

He was holding her hand, they were smiling.. They were in love..

 

 

 

 

 

"No.. No.." Jieun wailed, but Suzy couldn't hear her turmoils.

 

 

Suddenly, Jieun watched sharply as Baekhyun looked at Suzy right in the eyes. Their movements got still, as Baekhyun held Suzy by the shoulders. He got in a firm situation, almost like..  he was trying to kiss her..

 

 

 

 'No.. No.. What are you doing..? You can't.." Jieun bawled, banging on the window.

 

 

She watchd as Baekhyun's face neared Suzy's inch by inch. He closed his eyes, but Suzy stood there surprised as his lips made way to hers. Baekhyun's lips crashed onto hers, Baekhyun held her hand tight. Suzy wasn't pulling away, but she was rather pulling in. Baekhyun bent his face to the side-

 

 

it was too Painful for Jieun to watch.

 

 

 

 

 

Her own bestfriend had betrayed her for a boy, she loved.