11

The Silver Lining


 

 

 

 


  "I think you have the wrong person." Jieun murmured as she tried to push through Baekhyun. There she was, standing infront of the person she had been misisng for 5 years. But now that she was, she felt some kind of anger towards Baekhyun and how he could ask for her back so easily. He had rejected Jieun, but was there any reason she should?

  Oh that's right. She was supposed to miss him and like him.

 

 

  "Lee Jieun..." Baekhyun winced, snatching her right arm. Jieun stopped in her spot. That one touch felt as he had woken her from the dead, yet it was almost like she didn't want to be woken from the dead.

 

 

  Jieun wiped her tears, holding a stronger look.

 

"Yes?" She asked stubbornly. She could see that Baekhyun was hurt, but she didn't really care.

 

 

"Excuse me. I clearly said you have the wrong person." Jieun pushed him away slightly. Jieun felt as she was 5 years late on realising that Baekhyun had been so horrible to her, and that she was supposed to be mad at him but she missed him so much. Or was it really the fact that she wasn't ready to let go of something she treasured for so long, just in that short period of time where she loved it the most?

 

  "Don't Be like this.. i missed you.." Baekhyun forced Jieun into his arms, but Jieun just wanted to push him away. She wanted him to feel the exact same thing she felt when even thouhg he knew her feelings, he still chose to go off with Suzy and being so inconsiderate with her feelings.

 

  "Is this guy bothering you?" Joongki popped up from behind, shoving Baekhyun further away. He held Jieun's hands, putting his shoulders over hers, as Baekhyun watched Joongki's shoulders go over hers.

 

 

   "Yeah.. Just some pest.." Jieun murmured to herself, walking past Baekhyun, only leaving him her distant scent flying around in the backstage corridors. Jieun really couldn't believe she had done that, but she no longer felt the grief she had felt towards Baekhyun, which was what angered her even more.

 

  Had she spent her last 5 years being so depressed over Baekhyun, when she didn't even realise that Joongki, her treasure was right there always with her? Jieun could feel Baekhyun's posture following behind them.

 

 

"Why did you come tonight?" He demanded, freezing in his spot.

 

 

 

  The two of them stopped in their tracks, only Joongki turning back. They exchanged glares, before Joongki was murmuring  to Jieun whether she was going to reply or not. Baekhyun seemed to be in a real heartbreak, because he wouldn't stop clutching his heart.

 

   "I thought.. I would still love him after tonight.. But what's left of me is only hatred in my heart.. I remember everyone who leaves me. And those who leave me, become strangers in my heart." Jieun whispered to Joongki before leaving the corridor on her own, leaving Joongki confused.

  He stuttered after Jieun, wholly disappearing into the corridors.

 

  Baekhyun stood there, bluntly.

 Because of what happened 5 years ago, she was acting so cold. She was so angry.

 

 

 

~5 Years Ago~

 

Baekhyun walked back to his dormitory,feeling rather blunt. It was awkward for Baekhyun to receive such confessions when he didn't really like the person in the first place. She was making such a big show about leaving and bullcrap, it made him laugh.

 

  "What a loser.." Baekhyun sneered to himself, walking over to Suzy who was standing by the balcony, watching out into the Seoul city all alone. She seemed rather sad and heartbroken, you could tell by her gesture that something was obviously wrong.

 

  "Suzy Bunny!" Baekhyun jumped as he put his arms around her shoulders. She smiled weakly, diverting back to the city which laid their peacefully. Baekhyun found it awkward in theses situations, because he wasn't a person who was used to comforting people.

  'What's wrong?" He asked, entwining his arms with hers. But she pulled away, escaping from his arms. She stood a well 10 centimetre away from him, biting her lips. She seemed in real dismay, almost like she didn't know how to break out a news which had to be passed down.

 

  Baekhyun frowned, trying to get closer to Suzy. But everytime he did, the more she would back away.

 

  Suzy suddenly broke into a pool of tears, unable to control herself. She fell to the ground crying like a toddler who had lost their parents at a shopping mall. Baekhyun had never seen her like this, which was what broke his heart more.

 

  "Honey.." He tried to reach to her, but her words hurt him so much.

 

 

"NO! STAY AWAY FROM ME YOU MONSTER!"

 

 

 

  Baekhyun's face fell at her words, as she fell there crying her heart out. It really pained him to see her like this, yet he could still feel anger arising from him from being calld a monster.

 

  "Who are you Baekhyun? Why are you doing this?!" She shrieked, punching the floor and stomping her foot. She had buried her face in her knees so it was impossible to see her face with all her hair as a gate.

 

   'What are you talking about..?"

 

 

'Why did you turn into such a monster? Why did you destroy someone?!" She yelped angrily, still sobbing. Now Baekhyun knw what this was really about.

 

 

"I had to.. They were unlocking my past like it was a co-"

 

 

"So? What if they tell your past? It's the past for goodness sake Baekhyun. The future is what's really important. Do you think you're the only one who's had a rough past? There are MUCH MUCH MUCH worse people out there, who can't undo their past no matter what. But you, this is nothing. I really loved you, but i can't love a monster. . "

  Suzy raised her head, glaring at Baekhyun.

 

"What would you know?" He stood in a firm position. "My past is the one i've been trying so hard to hide because it hurts so much. But when someone talks about it so easily infront of other people, it actually hurts. There might be peopl worser than me, but the pain is the same. Do you understand?"

 

  "You destroyed my entire life.. Because i started to love you, i thought that i could give up everything, my life, my bestfriend, everything. Inside i was hurting so bad seein Jieun always alone, crying, hurt, isolated. I wanted to hug her and beg for forgiveness, but that meant i had to give you up.. I didn't want to because i loved you. But now, it's too late.. I lost my bestfriend, my entire life, and my SAT results have dropped recently.." Suzy's wet tears dripped down to her cheeks.

 

"And now.. I've lost you too.. You know what this means. We should break up. It's the best for the both of us.. I want to start my life over again, and you should too. Goodbye Baekhyun.."

 

 

  Suzy walked away, leaving her cold scent behind.

 

 

 

"WHat about our world tour? We were going to become a famous duet and travel around the world, doing gigs.. WHat happened to that? Am i too easy for you?"

 

 

   Suzy stopped in her tracks.

 

 

She turned and opened to say something, but she just turned away and walkd away, disappearing deeper into the school.

 

 

  And that was the last time Baekhyun ever saw her..

 

 

~END~

 

 

 

 

  Baekhyun stood in his spot, smiling.

 

 

 

 

 

"Is it too late to go for the person i really love?"

 

 



THNX FOR READING~~ XD

Am i the only one who thinks SoonShin's eldest sister (Haeshin) played by Son Taeyoung

is really beautiful? lol