06: Suspect

The Silver Lining

 

 

"Jerk.." Jieun muttered to herself as she walked back to her dormitory with a pile of books in her arms. A gig? gig? Was Jieun nothing than just a little background singer to help her crush fall in love with someone else? Although Baekhyun acted so aggrevating and so comtemptible towards Jieun, Jieun couldn't find the heart to hate him at all.

 

   Everyone might call her a stupid chump suffering under love in such a important period such as the SATS, but to Jieun it was hard to let go of someone who she had kept in her heart for 6 whole years. She was afraid.. that when she gave up on him, that he would come back. . .

 

  Jieun entered her dormitory, to find SooJin and Suzy doing something secretly behind the bunk bed. "You came Jieun?" SooJin called out, acting suspicious. "Are you tired? You should go have some fun!go outside!" SooJin chuckled half heartedly, trying to kick Jieun out. "Having fun.. I need to study for SATS.. what are you going on about.."

   Jieun said restlessly as she hung her school blazer on the hook and sat behind her desk to finish homework.

 

 

"57's A.. right? what's 65?" Suzy murmured from behind the bunk bed. Something seemed extremely suspicious the way the two were hiding behind the bed when they could be at their desks studying more comfortably. "This test's too hard.. even the answers are complicating.." SooJin hissed.

 

    'What are you guys doing..?" Jieun asked suspiciously, trying to peek over the bed. SooJin threw a slipper at Jieun's face, making her fall backwards. "What are you doing throwing that dirty thin at my face?!" Jieun blurted, backing away. "You guys should be studying for the start of year exam.. It's tomorrow last period.."

   Jieun rubbed her head, returning to her desk. Although Jieun hadn't studied herself.

 

  The two girls returned back to behind the bed, but Jieun smelled something fishy. 57 was A? 65? it seemed like the numbers of a test paper.. No way, Suzy wouldn't go that far. especially with the consequences.

 

  But something made Jieun look back.

 

Why did it feel as Suzy actually could do this?

 

 


 

   --Next Day--

 

  Jieun sat in the library, revising her notes for the common test last period. She decided to skip every lesson that day just so she got private time to study on her own. The library was jam packed, so it was even competetive to leave your seat or someone else would take them for studying.

  But it was strange, because Jieun could not see Suzy and SooJin anywhere. usually SooJin was a late runner and she would study on the day of the test, failing as usual. But even the girl who always aimed for a 100% wasn't in the library today.  Jieun knew without studying, Suzy was as good off as getting a 0%.

 

  Then something caught Jieun's mind. Something from yesterday.

 

  What were they doing so secretly that Jieun wasn't allowed to see? WHat was number 57? Were they cheating off for the test?  Surely they couldn't.. Well Suzy couldn't.. although she changed, Jieun knew she wouldnt change her studies. it was just in her instincts to know that. So why?

 

  Jieun bit her lips, wondering whether she should get off her seat, for the risk of getting her seat taken away. She could already see a group of people lining behind her, noticing that she was planning to move away. "Okay.. Let's just study in the dormitory.." Jieun murmured to herself, getting up with her books in her arms.

 

   Everyone ran into the seat like a fanwar to get to their star first, regardless of Jieun who rushed out. Her instincts led her to look for Suzy, what she was doing. Jieun knew she wasn't supposed to care about her, but there were moments when the person you hate the most comes into your mind the most.

 

   Jieun placed her books in her locker and looked around the place, only seeing students studying everywhere on the performance stage and the stairwells. It was hard for her to spot Suzy and SooJin, bcause there were so many girls studying and almost into the next phase of praying like a freak, forming a big group with crosses and everything.

 

   "Freaks.." Jieun murmured under her breath, walking towards the quieter area of the school where not alot of students dwelled because well, there was a stupid rumour stucku by the first students at the school saying that, Whoever steps into the line of the Devil's Room wouldn't make it out alive.

 

    Cliche', with the devil's room and everything.

 

Apparently the "devils" were the rebels of the school who had sort of owned the area as their own, and even teachers had no access to the area.  It was a creepy place, with the light guttering and all the dust and everything. It was like a 100 year old warehouse unused for a century.

   To be honest, Jieun didn't want to go any far but her curiosuty would let her down.

 

   Jieun already felt as she didn't belong, when she reached a deep staircase. There were a few students like SooJin dwelling around the place, chewing gum as they all glared at Jieun with the bright hairband and the cute hairstyle. All the girls had long curled hair with dark make up, and skirts leading upto their high thighs.

 

  Jieun gulped before she took her feet downstairs to the deep staircase, where it was so hard for her to see anything. it was so dark and it was compeltely blinding her and she could trip any moment. For some time she walked down until she reached a small room lit with purple and blue lazer lights. there was a small stage at the front with a keyboard, and a few raggered chairs and a couch.

   It was like a basement.

 

 

 

 

"Did you get it?" One of the girls asked as she glared at the two girls standing opposite her. "Suzy..?" Jieun murmured to herself as she watched. it was almost like a murder in progress.

 

   "$900. Set the deal?" SooJin's voice came, as she handed the girl the money in a big envelope. they exchanged papers, which appeared to be a thick booklet. the senior girl smirked, before slipping the money out and fanning her face with it. "Use it well. If you get caught," the girl paused, waving the money in SooJin's face. "It's still all mine."

   "We won't.. get caught.." Suzy said quietly.

 

 

"The answer sheet booklet for the entire year. Good deal huh? Keep it safe or," the senior girl grabbed Suzy's jaws. "you'll go in the devil's room." she hissed. Suzy was trembling, but she had enough strength to stand. Jieun couldn't believe her eyes. Was she seeing Suzy trade answers for a year with the biggest rebel in the senior year?

 

  "How much for the SAT booklet?" Suzy asked again, confidently.

 

 

  Jieun's jaws dropped. What was she doing?!

 

 

"Ooh!" the senior girl laughed as she dumped herself on the old lifeless velvet couch. "Ambitious, ay?" she sniggered. "That, you girls couldn't possibly afford. As a member of the Underground National hacking team, SAT scores are the hardest challeges we get. Yet you want it so easily?"

 

   "I must have it. " Suzy said forcedly.

 

 

"WHy?" the girl asked, with a weird look on her face. "You have a brain, unlike SooJin. WHy not use it? It would certainly.. save us the trouble." the senior made a hand gesture, chewing a gum.

 

  "Problems at home?" the senior asked.

 

"Stop it.." SooJin murmured to Suzy. "100% in school tests will get you there anyway.."

 

"No." Suzy replied confidently.

 

"Perhaps.. a boy?" she asked, a tingy smile on her face.

 

Suzy went silent, as the senior laughed. "of course.. it has to be a boy.. Is he hot?" she asked, glancing at Suzy with a funny look. Jieun wanted to jump in and stop, but things had just gotten interesting.

 

 

   "He.. he told me that he's going to aim for Harvard or UCLA.. I want to join him.. I need to join him.."

 

"Why? Scared he'll cheat? Scared he'll lose interest in you?"

 

Suzy nodded, depressed.

 

"Let me ask.. Uh.. how long you been together?" She asked, slipping another gum into , spitting her old one into her personal 'gum corner' where there were million pieces of old gum just stck there.

 

"2 days.." Suzy said, embarrassed.

 

  The senior laughed, getting up. "2 days? 2 days?! Ah the laughing dead!" she chuckled once again. "You want to save a relationship you started just 2 days ago? you're risking our careers for a 2 day relationship?" The senior laughed hard, returning to her seat and dropping to the couch.

 

"Isn't there a start for everything? You can't just have your 100th day on your first day loving someone. We'reprogressing." Suzy said sarcastically, her voice drowning away.

 

"Do you really love him? Aren't you sure it's lust? A little cute crush romancey thing that goes on, then by a few weeks, his existance becomes so sick whether he flirts with othr girls or humps them, you don't care. and then you break up. Arne't i right? Chances are, there's someone who truly likes him honey. Someone who truly loves him. Just give him up, bfore you break a girl's heart and ruin a boy.."

 

  "Then i'll make it work." Suzy grit her teeth, forming a fist.

 

"Sheesh calm little girl.. Alright. If you're that urgent.. Let me tell you a story. Sit down sit down." the senior sat the girls down on the stool, as she went on.

 

"When i was a junior at this school just like you lot, there was a boy for me.. I used to be a bright girl with pink butterfly scrunchies, cute light make up and rabbit puppet pens. I had been crushing on this boy since kindergarten.. Sure, i might seem like a obsession, but in the whole of 12 years i liked him, i never got sick of him. Not once. His smile, 12 years, never faded to be beautiful. But then came along a girl. She was smart, pretty, funny, kind. She was everything i wasn't. She used me to get the boy, and she acted like she was the happiest girl on earth. I was heartbroken. What would i do with my life? I failed my studies while the two of 'em succedeed. it was the day of the SATs. "

 

   The senior paused, lost in thoughts.

 

 

"I heard that her and he had broken up.. He was heartbroken. I remember, i saw him crying alone by the seats, i cried along with him. i was so hurt. But he left.. he got into Georgetown University. Just like that, because of that putrid girl, i lost the love of my life. And now here i am, a pathetic loser helping people cheat on tests. So.. Bae Suzy," She read off her nametag. "Be responsible. Because you don't know how much it hurts. Sin is like a boomerang, it comes right back at ya."

 

   The senior finished, disappearing into a small room behind the couch.

 

 

 

 

"Let's go.. Don't take her words to heart.. She's just lazy because the SAT sheets are hard work.." SooJin said awkwardly, fixing nothing. Suzy stood there defeated and angry.

 

 

"Me..," She paused, gritting her teeth. "I'm not going to lose to Lee Jieun.. I'm going to be different.. I'll make sure she'll never have Baekhyun, because.. i know he's mine. Forever."

 

 

 



 

--Last Period--

 

  Everyone entered the classroom, worried about the exam. Jieun took a seat at the back, shaken by what she had seen. Suzy was going to get 100% and Jieun was sure of it. And Baekhyun would fall for her lies once again. Jieun wanted to tell evrything, but she would have no proof that Suzy had cheated. She was on the log for perfect attendance.

 

   SooJin and Suzy entered the classroom confidently, taking a seat at the middle end row, where they couldn't be seen clearly. 

 

 

"The test will begin exactly at 3:00PM and end at 4:30PM. this exam you've all been studying for the holdiays, the 1st part that decides your SATs. If any signs of cheating or truenting are shown, you will automatically receive an N award and will be suspended from school for 2 months, including Dormitory. Make wise choices.." The teacher glanced at every student, before she signalled all the students to start their tests.

 

   Jieun felt more nervous than usual.

 

Everyone was working on their tests like their lives depended on it, But Jieun just blanked out. She couldn't remember a thing of anything she studied, because she was too startled and angered at how Suzy was lying to get Baekhyun. She looked at the other students as the others were already on the bottom of the first page, some even flicking the pages.

 

   Jieun peeked at SooJin and Suzy who were well and truly on their 3rd page.

 

 

Jieun skipped to question 57, remembering that the answer was A. She had heard them last night. She smirked, before she flicked to the first page to finish the rest of her test paper..

 

 

-------

 

  "Time's Up." The teacher announced coldly as she began snatching all the test papers off the students. Most of the students wre wailing and complaining that the questions were too hard, or that they didn't finish and they would have to go live on th streets, very pessimistic they were.

 

  "The results for the tests will be up on the TV screen in the Common hall tonight at 12:00AM. Thanks to the Principal we now have a answer decector machine which saves us the trouble from marking every one of your tests." The teacher smirked. The students bowed at the teacher before they left the classroom, everyone all gathring together with their friends from other classes.

 

  Usually by now, Jieun and Suzy would have gathered together and would have exchanged the answers they wrote, often arguing about who was right. But now, Suzy was off with SooJin and the gang ann smirking and high fiving each other. Of course, they had to be happy. they would get full marks..

 

    Jieun grabbed her bag from her locker and headed back to her dormitory, where she saw SooJin and Suzy pedicuring their toenails. they looked as happy as ever, even with their big pile of homework strewn across their desks. Jieun glared at them before she jumped on her bed, checking her mobile phone.

 

   Somehow Baekhyun had managed to get hold of Jieun's number and was sending her neverending texts about the singing gig.

 

 

 From: +06430983564

 

Why are you ignoring my texts?

Is Singing for me and Suzy that hard?

Look, i'll get you a deal. Sing for me, and i'll get you a date

with one of the guys in my gang. One of them's kind of interested in you.

 

 

Jieun snorted. Really? Your crush had just suggested you who you should go out with. your crush.

 

To:  +06430983564

 

 Are you toying with me right now? I'm not some background

singer who helps other people's love lives.

And what, am i going to turn into a little toy for a desperate guy?

No thanks.

 

From: +06430983564

Please.. Just once. I Won't ask any more favours of you.

Look, if you do this for me once, i'll grant you any wish.

Actually, make that 2 wishes. I'm asking you to go out with Lu han.

You know that chinese midget fella in our group? he just got dumped.

So yeah. Thanks, don't reply. I need to save credit.

Song choice is "It would be nice" by Sung Sikyung. You should make a autocopy

since it has extra voice dubbings in the song. Cya.

Meet me at 6:30PM thursday on the School pier so we can set things up.

 

 

 

   Jieun was ridiculed. She was forced into date some AND help her crush fall in love with someone else. Usually, most girls should be hating him right now, but Jieun found it so hard to hate him.

 

 

   SHe glared at Suzy. She was such a lucky girl. The guy Jieun loved the most was willing to do anything for her. 'What are you looking at?" SooJin asked with a dirty look on her face. "Why, can't i look?" Jieun replied sarcastically, before returning back to her phone.

 

 

  "Guise! Guise! The results are out early!" The girls came running around every dorm room banging on everyone's door. SooJin and Suzy rushed out in excitement, as Jieun followed them slowly. Everyone was pushing and tugging as they made their way through to the common room all in their pajamas and homewear.

 

   The common room was so squished, there was hardly any room to step inside. Many girls came crying out from the room, their mascara smudged. Even some guys were crying, this must have been a enormous deal to them.

 

   'Excuse me.." Jieun pushed through as she stood on a chair to see the TV screen.

 

 

 

 

 

Kirin Arts High School Start of Year Exam Rankings:

 

1. A tie between Park SooJin and Bae Suzy

2. Byun Baekhyun

3. Yoon Hyun Sang

4. Baek Ah yeon

5. Kim SuNi

 

The List went on until Jieun found her name on the bottom of the list.

 

 

74. Lee Jieun

 

 

All those below the 20 ranking line will be awarded an N award.

 

 

Jieun sighed. As exepected. Even her studies weren't going well. And now, there was no one to comfort her. Not even Suzy.  Jieun really felt like breaking down. the past few days were so harsh on her, and she felt as the whole world was against her. She had lost her friends and was completely humiliated by her own crush.

  Yet she didn't find a heart to hate him.

 

She couldn't.

 

 

No matter how nasty he was to her, she couldn't find a heart to hate him because he was in her heart for too long for her to erase him out of her heart.

 

 

 

   But Jieun really found it unfair.

 

 

 

She thought of the perfect revenge.

 

 

 

The perfect one that would make Baekhyun hate Suzy for eternal life.

 

 



 

 thank you everyone for reading this <3

i will try to update often!

Just to tell, since school week starts again from monday

i wont be able to update as fast because of school until the weekends!

Sorry!

 

tumblr_me8m747Eql1rjyaojo1_500.gif