13: Joongki's Surprise

The Silver Lining

Do you guise like the new Poster? LOL

 



 

[PLAY SONG]

 

 

     Jieun hid under her rosemary red bed cover, crying her eyes out. She wanted to act tough, she didn't really want to care but it was so hard for her to act like it when really, she cared about it more than anything in the world. She had been so angry at Baekhyun up until now and since she saw him at the concert, but when she saw him with Suzy once again, her pain her heart had apperceived 5 years ago.

 

  Why?

 

Why Now, when she was so happy- did this all have to come all at once?

 

 

 

  She checked her cell phone, to see 10 missed calls from Joongki. She had actually ran off from Joongki at Yoghurberry, because she couldn't handle being watched by Baekhyun who was sitting behind Joongki.

 

 

 

From: ♥♥♥ (A/N That's Joongki on her contact list) 4:17PM

 

  Jieun, what's wrong? Why did you run off just like that?

You need to tell me if something's bothering you..

Remember, My Brother's majored in Psychology.

If you want to talk, i'll introduce him for you. It's not good to keep

it all in.

 

 

From: ♥♥♥  [6:38pm]

 

  Jieun.. Why aren't you picking up?

I'm so worried for you.. Lately, you're not acting like.. You.

If you still think SooJin is Suzy..

I really don't know what to say Jieun..

I don't really know how to help you.. It's your own dillemna to

get through this..

I love you, Call me when you can.

 

 

 

  Jieun sighed. Her life was sure full of Ambiguities.. She didn't know what she was doing with herself. Joongki was getting angry, and she was already preparing for their little break up already, because it was to come soon. Sure, Joongki may be caring like a father. But really, he was just like every other guy out there.

 

  And Jieun knew, with things like these..

 

They weren't goin to last long.

 


 

  **NEXT MORNING -- CAMPUS MEETING**

 

 

  Jieun had completely forgotten that before all of this had happened, way back at the start of the year she had signed up for a voluntary service over at the Orphanage in Ulsan, where they were to help blind kids with their treatments and so.

  It was something Joongki had actually took in, which was what made Jieun sign up for too.

 

 She was honestly, scared. How was she going to face Joongki the next day? Sure, he was her boyfriend and he would say he understood. But really, there's no Human who understands. Well for Jieun, there was no one who understood her.

 

  She entered the little auditorium, averting her eyes from all the other volunteers. She took a seat at the corner of the stage, where she was fiddling with her mobile phone to see whether Joongki had contacted her or not.

 

 

0 Calls

 

0 Messages

 

 

It read. Was it now that Joongki was finally angry at Jieun? he hadn;t shown up yet, and he was usually never late. Jieun's heart felt as it was closing inwards. She felt so trapped at the thought of losing Joongki too, and that everything would go back to how it was 5 years ago.

 

 

  "Everyone! Take  A box each for your separaste groups!"A Group of sunbaes came rushing through the auditorium, with boxes of wrapped drink bottles in a heavy metal wheelbarrow. Jihoo Sunbae, the one who was pushing the wheelbarrow was already sweating his head out. Jieun knew the snbaes well because they happened to be in the same graduate class as Joongki, and often she went to dinner meetings with them.

 

  Behind Jihoo, stood Joongki pushing another load of water bottles. His expression was sullen, as if he was getting treated like a slave in the middle of Mongolia or something. Jieun bit her lips, wondering whether she should go over to him or wait until he came over. That was, if he wasn't angry at her still.

 

 

  "Joongki." Jihoo nudged Joongki, trancing his eyes towards Jieun who was flicking through her phone. "You have to understand.." He whispered, pushing him over to her. Joongki sighd, tracing his steps to Jieun. He took off his jacket and placed it over her shoulders.

 

  Jieun popped up in surprise, to see Joongki's exausted face. You could tell straight away that he had stayed up all night waiting for something, which in his case probably must have been waiting for Jieun's text message all night last night. He managed to let out a small smile, gripping her hand.

 

 

  "I'm Sorry.." Was all Jieun could say, as she looked down.

 

 

 

"It's okay.. I understand.. "

 

 

"Do you really? I feel as all i do is take over your precious time.. "

 

 

"I.. Understand. No need to clarify. I just do."

 

 

"I couldn't reply to your text messages last night.. Nor call.. I just.. I wasn't ready to face anybody after this little shock which took over me.. It felt as i was back in high school.."

 

 

"It's okay.. it's all over now.. Listen, i just have to help Jihoo distribute those bottles to the rest of the people. Make sur you take one too with you on the bus, alright?" He pat her shoulders, disappearing into the crowd.

  

 

  "Sorry i'm late!" A girl burst into the room, smilin at everyone in the room-averting her eyes from Jieun. She skipped over to Joongki, tapping his shoulders.

  "What can i do?" She asked like a little girl.

 

"You can just.. chill.  with friends yeah?" Jihoo remarked sarcastically, pushing her aside. Jihoo always had this thing against SooJin. Apparently SooJin and Jihoo met a few days aback, when Jihoo was assigned as her barista trainer at a restarant.

   "But i want to help!"

 

 

"Yeah? If you want to help, STAY OUT." Jihoo cut her out of the group. SooJin sighed, looking around the room for friends, until she met eyes with Jieun. She ignored her, but it seemed as she had a trick rolled up her sleeve. You could tell, her genuine little smile wasn't just any smile, it was a sign of attack.

 

 

   "Oppa," Suzy scooted over to Joongki, literall whispring in his ears so close that Joongki had smashed the drink bottles onto his feet. Joongki screamed in pain, falling aback onto SooJin which caused an afflictive situation to some; like Jieun.

 

 

   Joongki had rolled to the floor, with SooJin on top of him. Joongki was still in agony to realise that SooJin was on top of him, but SooJin was just loving it. Jieun's heart jolted.

 

  A part of it was because Joongki had gotten hurt yes, but more because she was scared SooJin was upto a little trick to steal Joongki away this time, just like how she did with Baekhyun.

 

 

   "Ohmygod.." Joongki cursed to himself, topping over as SooJin fell abruptly onto the violet carpet. He wiped the SooJin dust away from his shirt, getting help from Jihoo as he got up. His cheeks had turned a extra shade of dark red, embarrassed.

  'What are you staring at? Aren't you getting your boxes?!" Joongki ordered everyone, disappearing into the crowd.

 

 

  Although most girls would have been angry by now, Jieun felt no need. Sure, incidents may happen but if the person had no sign of love or favouritisim towards the other, thre was no way they would ever be together. Well sh thought..

 

 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 

 

   Everyone got off the bus, stepping inside the orphanage where children all sat in chairs trying to get to places, which was indeed to hard for them with their blind eyes. Most of them were about 10 to 12, and a few teenagers here and there. Jieun had a box of medication needles, which she had to deliver to the common Nurse's room where they were to be prepared for the blind eyes.

 

   Jieun looked around, to see that she couldn't find Joongki anywhere. She was sure he was with Jihoo, but he wasn't there. Perhaps he had gone to the nurse's room in advance, as he was usually the leader within the team. But why did she feel so insecure? Her heart was racing madly.

  She got constant thoughts that Joongki was cheating on Jieun, with Suzy.

 

 

 

   "That can't be it.. Joongki Oppa doesn't like her.." She assured herself, even within her insecure state.

 

 

 

 "Jihoo Sunbae.." SHe caught upto Jihoo who was about to enter the B block Building, where the Common nurse room was at. Jihoo diverted his eyes to Jieun, smiling.

"Yeah?"

 

"Have you seen Joongki Oppa anywhere..?"

 

 

"Oh, He should be at the Cafeteria with the rest of Group 2, handing out the drink bottles to the rest of the group. Jieun, can you go ask Joongki for the keys to the nurses's common room? Apparently there's only one common key to all the rooms in this block. Here, give th box to me." Jihoo suggested, disappearing into the building.

 

 

 

  Jieun slowly walked towards the Cafeteria along the desolate and barren doors which seemed to follow her at every step. She kept on walking straight, until she reached a debilitated push door which was marked CAFETERIA.

 

   It seemd oddly quiet inside, because usually Joongki was never quiet with his hoobaes so it was indeed a strange thing. It almost made her feel scared, as if Joongki was being held captive inside and just as Jieun opened the door a bullet would go flying at her brain and she would die an-

 

 

"Okay, that won't happen.." She murmured to herself, slowly pushing the door as it creaked open. She came across a dusty monotone cafeteria, with a few chairs missing their bases and wooden tables which were carved into distorted shapes with spoons.

  What made it more creepy was that it was so quiet and empty, and the blinds were all shut leaving no space for sunlight to come through.

 

"Oppa?" She called out,    opening each of the blinds to let sunshine. Although there was a brick wall covering the windows, you could still see a tinge of light at the top of the brick wall.

 

  "This place is so creepy.. What did they do with all the fundraisers we send them..?" Jieun complained to herself, looking around under and over the tables. Surely he wouldn't be there, but just in case.

 

 

 

"OPPA! Where are you?" She shouted once again, leaving nothing except her echo travelling through thin air. She looked around, to discover a secret doorway which led to inside the kitchen. SHe probably assumed he was in there, and she had felt rather half-witted for not realising that sooner.

 

 

   SHe burst inside the kitchen, finding nobody inside.

 

 

 

 

  But she was hearing strange noises, rather naughty noises. It was almost that sound when two people were kissing so passionately that the sound could travel across the whole place.

 

 

  "Joongki Oppa..?" She looked around, slowly walking to the corner where the sound became more enlarged. She walked, until she reached the far end of the corner. What she saw next, was almost like a dream in a reality itself..

 

 

 

 

 

  "Oppa..? What are you doing..?" Jieun could only whisper, her stomach forbid her to scream. She was too afraid and hurt to scream. What she was seeing was rathr horrendous, so horrendous that you couldn't take your eyes off it.

 

 

 

  It wasn't nice, when the man you have been loving for 5 years was on top of the girl who took away your first love in high school. Now, she was taking away your second love too.

 

 

 

 

 

  "Oh god.." Joongki jumped off SooJin, or Suzy. He retrived his shirt and covered his topless chest, rising within the speed of light. He put his shirt on, biting his lips as he ran his fingers through his black soft hair. He did not know how to explain all this- it was just impossible.

"Jieun.. It's not what it looks like.." He touched Jieun's arms, trying to relieve her from her sudden puffing that was coming from her. She could see that Suzy was secretly smirking as she sat, slowly doing her hair and zipping her undone pants.

 

 

  "Get away from me you monster.." She scowled, hissing as drops of tears slurred down her cheeks. She backed away rapidly, until she hit the kitchen bench where she stood there sobbing softly.

  The pain was slowly arising into her heart now. It was like rubbing salt into your open wounds. And on top of that, pouring vinegar on top. She just couldn't believe it. How could He?

 

 

 

How could he?

 

 

 

 

 

The Man who swore to love her and only her..

 

 

 

 

 

"Jieun, this isn't what it looks like. I can expl-"

 

 

 

 

"GET AWAY FROM ME! It's too late Now. Do you think you can change what you've done? What, Are you going to say SooJin seduced you in? Or she forced you? Or she just turned you on? Am i too plain for you now?!  You let her touch you with her dirty fingernails all over you.." She shuddered, still hissing.

 

 

 

  Joongki's aura had changed. He supported SooJin up, and tugged her in his arms. Jieun watched the two, ridiculed at his actions. "WHat are you doing?" Jieun blurted, bluffing.

 

 

 

   "That's right. I think maybe i'll try a change for the time being. I'm so sick of people who just go on and on complaining about their life story, and how they were so ulucky. I mean, I nver really cared. Come on, Let's go SooJin."

  Joongki held SooJin's hands, walking out of the kitchen together. SooJin smirked at her before disappearing behind the kitchen doors, leaving Jieun all alone.

 

 

 

 

 

"I Knew it.. I knew this would happen.."

tumblr_mk54udCn9i1qh1uhdo1_r1_250.gif

 

 

 

 

 



weoweoweoweoweie

Wow i did not expect that ending myself LOL

ANyways~ i feel so touched :,)

Today is finally the holidays in AUS ;D

and also my last day at my school in AUS (T_T and ;D)

Because i'm going to Korea real soon for 1 month to visit famil and stuff

and shopping and LOTTE WORLD AND EVERLAND ;DDDDDDDDDDD

I actually had this chapter written right after the 12th chapter but then i was busy

to actually publish it officially so yeah :L

sorry please leave a comment and upvote!

You know i hate silent readers, i will dodwnvote you!

tumblr_mjgy9ff95n1qdcel5o2_250.gif