14

The Silver Lining

 

 



 

 

   0 Missed Calls

 

  Jieun spent the entire day, waiting for a call or even a text message from Joongki telling her that he just came to terms with reality, and that he was stupid, or anything that would bring him back to her.

  But No. Nothing at all.

 

  Oh, life was sure full of ambiguities. One day, she was bestfriends with Suzy, and the next moment she becomes your wost enemy who steals your first love. Then 5 years later, she comes back stealing your second love.

 

  "I thought.." Jieun paused, letting her tears wet her cheeks. "Once you get over the nasties.. That your life would come to peace.. Why is it, only for me that nothing ever works out..? Am i that ungrateful that you have to do this to me..?" Her voice cracked in all of the tears. She really didn't know what to do with her life.

   She had just matched all the puzzle pieces in her life, only for it to be bashed down once again.

 

 

 

"Maybe if i end it all.." She grabbed a pocket knife from her desk drawer. She laughed like a girl possessed, waving the knife in the air. "Then it would all be much better.. After all, nobody really cares about me~ do they?" She cackled. She came across her reflection in the mirror.  She was lost in her own face. This pityful thing..

  Her parents thought she could never find love..

 

What was she doing, creating all this confusion for other people?Maybe if Jieun hadn't been there in the first place, maybe JoonKi would have met someone much more beautiful, and someone actually in his league. Jieun began sobbing uncontrollably, which soon turned into a pool of tears. She held the pocket knife in the air.

 

   SHe just wanted to pierce it through herself so much, yet her conscience wasn't letting her.  That there was someone who still loved her.. That Baekhyun was still there...

 

 

 

 

  "I don't care about anyone anymore.. Isn't it true? Baekhyun's only here because he needs to get married.. He's just a big failure.. Maybe the failure has to be with the heartbreaker.. So we are the sinful couple.." She cackled once again, running the knife through the air. Her actions were totally uncalled for.

 

  SHe slit the knife through her arms, to be specific; her veins. "AHHHHHHHHHH!" She screeched, dropping the knife onto the floor. She clutched her wrist as the blood dripped onto the floor like a downfall fountain. She laughed at her own blood. It was so satisfying to see, someone like her deserved to be punished, very badly..

 

  "WHY ME?!AM I THAT UNGRATEFUL?!" Jieun cried, kicking the make-up table infront of her. she was crying uncontrollably, yet her anger was just arising more and more. She threw the megazine rack at the mirror, as it smashed into a million pieces. She screamed like a psycho, kicking the chair, staining the wall with her own blood.

 

   The whole room was like a war scene, messy and staind in blood.  Jieun knew that if she didn't head to the hospital, she would die within a few hours. Her veins were seriously injured, yet she was just adding more pain to herself. She grabbed her gargle from the bathroom and began pouring the load onto arm.

 

  Jieun bit her scabby lips, pouring the entire bottle onto her arm. SHe shook the bottle onto her arm, mad at the fact that even the bottle was running out on her. She screeched, falling to the floor. She laid on the hard wooden floor, staring at the ceiling as her blood dripped to the end of the floor. "One.. two..three.. four.." She counted, sighing.

 

 

   "Poker face.. Po-Po-Po-Poker face.." Jieun sang with her dry throat, her voice croaking. Her eyes were starting to drop down. She felt a deep poisonous sensation in her body. That was probably the alcohol in her gargl taking actions of veins..

 

 

 

  "This is it.. This is goodbye.." She whispered, as her eyes dropped down for the last time.

 



 

***NEXT DAY***

 

 

  "Lee Jieun?" The professor called the roll, but the name was indeed empty. all the students lookd around, all glancing at Joongki, surprisd to see SooJin,or Suzy in his arms.  Joongki rolled his eyes, sighing at the name.

 

  "Song Joongki," The professor called, frowning at SooJin next to him. Even all the professors knew Joongki and Jieun's deep love relationship, that's just how deep they used to be. "Where is Lee Jieun? I assume, she;s still your girlfriend?"

 

  'Dunno. Dumped her."He replied casually, pinching SooJin's nose and kissing it. The professor frowned heavily. Usually this class was only held once a month where all the senior and the junior students all came together to listen and communicate through a course.

 

   Everyone murmured, all staring at Joongki and SooJin, who were now busy making out in the back aisle of the lecture seats. Joongki's friends all murmured against themselves. What had really happened between them? Jihoo was the only person who had kept quiet about everything the entire time.

 

  "Ya Kwon Jihoo. Why are you so awfully quiet? You act like you know something.." His mates all cringed their eyes, trying to juice it out of him. They were even surprised at his nod.

 

  'What?! WHat?!"

 

"I suppose this isn't even a secret anymore.. Like since Joongki was dating Jieun, i was sort of his bottle. He would always express the bottled up anger about Jieun to me, and lately he's been saying it was the last straw.. I really didn't understand what it meant, but now i know.." Jihoo raised an eyebrow. He lookd extremel guilty.

 

  "And you're only saying this now because?!" His friends all roared.  "You know we could have stopped THAT from happening!" They all pointed at Joongki who was now entering 'second stage' of the make out.

 

"No offence guys, but remember last time i told you a secret? I wonder how the entire grade came to knew about it? Plus, it's not good for us to intrude in their business. It's nice we want to help, but it's something Jieun needs to figure on her own."

 

  Everyone ignored Jihoo, tuning on their own conversation. Clearly, they weren't interested in what Jihoo had to say.

 

"How do you think Jieun's copin with the break-up?" Chanwoo, another one of Joongki's friends popped the oblivious question. Everyone all acted giddy. They could all imagine Jieun, crying under her blanket and probably muttering her heart broken words again..

 

  "But it's never been this bad that she skipped school.. Do you think we should visit? I sense somethin wrong.." Chanwoo suggested, scratching his head. Chanwoo and Jihoo, and their clique were probably the only people who actually cared about what happened to Jieun and Joongki, because they were just true friends of Joongki who had stuck by for 15 years.

 

  "I don't know.. What if she just got over it, and we go there and make things worser?" Jihoo murmured, ignored once again.

 

 

***AFTER SCHOOL 5:00PM***

 

 

  The boys all finished their late night course and gathered together infront of Jieun's apartment block, with bouquets and big teddy bear gifts in their hands. But to their surprise, it wasn't so quiet and normal and quiet like always. At least all the people from the other apartment blocks had all gathered infront of Jieun's apartment.

 

  The entrance was taped with the Police tape, and there were Grade Civil servants and detectives along with Police walking in and out of the apartment. The boys all exchanged serious glances, before pushing into the crowd to see what had acutally happened. An ambulance truck arrived shortly after, entering the building with a patient bed.

 

  Jihoo was petrified to see the policemen exit the building with blood on their gloves.

 

 

"Excuse me, what happened?" Jihoo clutched the arms of the policeman, asking for answers. 'Sorry Sir, everything is fine for now. Everyone must evacuate for now. Please stpe behind the line," He pushed Jihoo aback. His heart was growing more impatient. What if something had happened to Jieun?

 

  "Young Man, you don't know what happened last night?" One of the elder ladies chimed, watching the building.

"What happened here last night..?" Jihoo clutched the woman's arms, demanding for an answer.

 

"Last night, the young lady in room 402 committed suidicide last night! The piercin scream was all over the block last night! even i could hear it from the other apartment!"

 

 

  Jihoo dropped his arms, going blunt. Why was he so sure that it was Jieun?

 

 

 

 

'Everyone!clear the way!" The police shouted as the ambulance crew rushed down, with the dead patient on the bed. Although the face was covered with a white sheet, Jihoo knew exactly who it was.

  The bloody hand drooped down from the bed, revealing the dry blood all over the fingers.

 

 

 

  But what was worse, the couple ring right there on the index finger..

 

 

 

 

 

  Jihoo fell to his legs. 'Dude!" His friends hissed, trying to support him up, but he sat there, with tears glowing in his eyes. His friends all stared at him with a frown, trying to work something out. Something had happened, they were sure, but what? Jihoo was scaring the rest of the boys. He was so pale like he had just seen a ghost.

  'Dude, what's wrong with you?!" Chanwoo asked, staring into his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But Jihoo could only say one thing..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jieun's gone.. She's..dead."

 

 

 



 

 

LOL SURPRISE~~

 

tumblr_mjbrgoHHZ61s3bmkxo1_500.gif