20

The Silver Lining

 


Two Men in their early 20s were found in critical state last night in the Heritage apartment,  Block E of Bundang. One was critically wounded with a bullet shot in his thighs, and the other one had unconsciously lost his life as soon as he arrived on the hospital brink.

 

  The news report echoed in the empty hospital room, which filled with the bleak atmosphere. the only thing that could be done was reading the letter that was left behind moments of death. Perhaps it was this exaggeration which made their death more painful, or maybe it was just the longing emptiness when you realise you were left alone in this cruel world, while they got to join their loved ones, up there or maybe down south.

 

  "Time of death, 12:03AM. Proceed his body to the courpse room." The doctor remarked quietly,withdrawing the white mask on his mouth. "You worked hard, everybody," he murmured quietly, patting everyone on the shoulders. now the dilemna was his, the patient outside knew he was dead, but the hard part was he had to make it official.

 

  The doctor's footsteps seemed to be the most deeming, right at this moment. It was the first time they had lost a patient from a bullet shock. But in a way it was almost better, to be dwelling up there was better than down here.

 

  The doctor found the young man with bandaids plastered all over his bereaved face. It was almost as he couldn't live with himself after what had been done. it was a face of unfated doom which got his heart.

  the two made eye contact. The only thing the doctor could do was look down, with his mask grasped in his grasped in this hands. the two knew what was coming. there was no need for words at all..

 

  "May we trouble you with the patient's name?"

 

"Kwon Jiwoo.."

 

 

 

 


-27th of April-

 

  Chanwoo held two ash bags in his hands. Baekhyun followed behind him, with his hands cuffed. a police officer stood in the far rear end, regarding their privacy. there was a pristine little lake before the two grove trees which were planted right infront of the lake. the sun coated the trees, making it seem deemingly beautiful.

  "Kwon Jiwoo.. what have you gotten yourself into.." Chanwoo muttered under his breath, as he turned to Baekhyun. he nodded slightly, motioning for the officer to uncuff Baekhyun. Chanwoo passed him the ashes of Jieun, sighing once again. he understood now, why Baekhyun was her first love. seeing Baekhyun dressed in a suit, with his poor regretful face- it wasn't hard to understand why. after all, every made mistakes.

  Chanwoo waited for the officer to return back to his rear spot, before he could continue with the burial. he grabbed the shovel and began digging a small hole infront of the grove tree which had a small name tag nailed onto the roots, labelling Kwon Jiwoo. Chanwoo had to admit, as much as it was hard for Baekhyun- it wasn't easy for Chanwoo either, to send off a friend who meant everything to him.

  Chanwoo dug a hole approximately an arm length inside the ground, and kneeled down one knee. a short memory flashed into his head, one about how Jiwoo really taught him about what being a man really was.

 

-flashback-

 

  'Are you crying?" Jiwoo asked, his voice stealth. Chanwoo had tripped off his bike- at his intentions to prove that he could ride a bike without knee pads. there was a blood red scar on his knees, the blood speading down to his ankles. Chanwoo had no response, just biting his lips and cringing- trying to hold back his tears.

  Chanwoo had never really gotten hurt before- because his parents hadn't allowed him to go on a bicycle until last year- when he had to stay home and look after his little sister who had a case of 'spiritual posession' by her dead ancestor.

 

  They were alone, since it was after school in the school field where no student except the soccer team always wandered.

 

Drip

 

A tear dripped onto his scar. Jiwoo scanned Chanwoo's face and began laughing. "Why are you laughing..? It's not funny.."  Chanwoo groaned, only his sorrowness getting deeper. the entire school field was echoing with his cries, almost upto the point to grab attention of the soccer team who were all the way on the other side of the field.

 

   Jiwoo motioned the soccer team to continue with their coaching. he put a hand on Chanwoo's shoulders and bent down, staring into his face.

 

  "Didn't your father ever tell you that a real man never sheds tears?"

 

"He doesn't ever tell me anything man to man ever since my sister's spiritual attack.. " he sniffled, averting his eyes with Jiwoo at such an embarrassment.

 

"It doesn't really hurt, does it?"

 

"Yes it does!"

 

'No it doesn't. " they exchanged glares. "You know Kim Gunwoo in our class? He thinks that if you want to become a real man, you have to have a big body. But really, it's all in here." Jiwoo thumped his heart with his fist twice. Jiwoo sniffled once again and raised his head, curious at how Jiwoo knew those words at such a young age.

 

  "A true man is a man who uses his fist as his last resort. A true man is someone who cries on the inside, never on the outside. I know you Park Chanwoo, you're going to grow upto become one handsome, hot guy," he paused and chuckled. "It's good to have a firm heart, isn't it? I may never be able to say this to you again Chanwoo- but don't ever cry over something like love and friendship. those things are meant to make you stronger, not weaker. and if something does happens to us, make sure it be a good lesson to you. It's like history. If you don't know how it happened the first time, how are you going to stop it the second time?"

 

-Flashback END-

 

 

  "I'm sorry Jiwoo.." Chanwoo suffocated under his breath. Baekhyun turned his head, but turned back down to Jieun's ashes. "You're the one who said a real man never uses his fist, nor shed tears- yet you've done both.. was it really the last resort? or did you just.. say it out of respect..?"

  He placed Jiwoo's ashbag inside the little hole. he stood up, placing his hands on top of each other. he glanced at Baekhyun, who had also placed Jieun's ash bag into the hole in the other grove. Chanwoo's silence seeemd to be screaming at Baekhyun, who stood there with his head jerked down as always.

  "Aren't you going to say anything?" Chanwoo asked, cocking an eyebrow up.

 

"I don't think i'm at such a place to say anything to Jieun after everything i've done to her.." Baekhyun opened the dry crackly lips of his. 

 

 "If that's what your true intentions are.." Chanwoo nodded tastelessly. he grabbed the shovel and began pouring the dirt over the ashbags. as the bags disappeared under the dirt, Chanwoo felt the whole world crashing down on his heart. this was it, really it. he would never see Jiwoo again no matter what he could do- and that was that.

---

 

 

 

  The burial finished, and Baekhyun was escorted back to his cell whilst Chanwoo stood infront of the grove tree monotously. he rubbed the temples of his face, letting the sighs punch his heart like a waterfall. "They said there's nothing more scarier than being alone in this world.. guess it's true."

 

  He bowed down at the tree for the last time and turned around, making his way out of the little orchard. the chirping of the birds, the sunny aura which shone down on the trees- would all be wiped out when he exited heaven, into the real world where everything is but positive.

  He walked downhill, where on the black fence he could see the numerous gravefields and cemeteries all laid out next to each other like often in a battlefield. it was almost as they were pushing and fighting for their place- even after life there's still competetion.

 

  Then a simple thought popped into his head. he remembered Jieun telling him that he once knew a boy called Baekhyun, an Asinine one at that too. his life was like a meladromatic drama. his father died right before his eyes- only for him to tell his son that his worst enemy was his sister and that he had to protect her.

  Chanwoo had been blank all this time- he never actually thought that the Baekhyun she knew was this Baekhyun who buried her into the ground. it was so hard for him to take in the reality as of now. he still didn't want to believe Jiwoo was gone- he had been playing games in his mind ever since the russian roulette. imagining that Jiwoo was still alive, and that this was all a dream.

  but reality struck him hard when he realises that he's not by his side, not anymore.

 

 

  "Chanwoo ya.." that banausic voice, Chanwoo shot his head right up. well wasn't it time, there stood Song Joongki with a bouquet of rose in his hands. he was dressed in an ebony suit which seemed to have been freshly ironed. his hair was neatly groomed, with his couple ring entwined in his fourth finger.

  He averted eyes with Chanwoo, yet still managed to make out a conversation.

 

"Why are you here?" the cold question snapped at Joongki. 'I.." Joongki stuttered. he felt so hurt and prideless, but there was every right for Chanwoo to be mad at him. it was rather strange for him not to be. "I heard Jieun's burial was today.. I just came to.."

 

"Visit her?"

 

"Y..yes.."

 

"Why? Does your conscience pierce you now?"

 

"Song Chanwoo.. You've changed alot.." Joongki remarked, at his hasty tone.

 

"Don't change the subject.  Are you just purely stupid, or senseless? how can you call yourself a human being after the deficiency you've poisoned at Jieun?"

 

Joongki sighed, rubbing the temples of his face. his face fell, along with the rose petals on the bouquet. "You're right.. i don't know what i'm doing here..  but i just want to tell her that i lo-"

 

"You loved her? did you really? did you still love her when you had your dirty fingernails all over that disgusting you probably humped? you Song Joongki, will go to hell and i assure you, you will never ever love again. " Chanwoo pointed a finger at Joongki, shuddering in acrimony. Chanwoo had nothing more to say to the ungrateful man standing before him. he walked past him, bumping his shoulders as he left.

 

  "Oh," Chanwoo stopped in his tracks. "By the way, Chanwoo passed away too. Incase you didn't notice."

 

 

"It doesn't come as a surprise anymore.. " he spoke, peeling the rose petals off his bouquet. "Suzy killed someone else.. i had to run off before i realise she was wrong.."

 

  Chanwoo frowned, as he turned back at Joongki, who was grinning slightly. 'What are you saying?" he asked, demanding an explanation. Chanwoo grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him hard, trying to squeeze out every information there was. that's when everything became so clear. that Suzy was the Suzy Joongki had dated.

 

"You need to tell me everything Song Joongki.. Who did she kill?!"

 

  Joongki's lips turned upside down, as he refused to speak. the colour on his lips disappeared, as he was no longer in a state to be in his right mental mind. "She killed.. she killed.."

 

"Who?!"

 

"She killed.. Baekhyun's sister.." he shuddered at the last word. the bouquet in his hands dropped, leaving on its own as it rolled down hill, where a black sedan squashed it as it strode out of the black cemetary.

"Oh my god." Chanwoo released Joongki and whispered to himself. he paced back and forth in his spot, running his fingers through his black straight hair. "We have to stop her before she.. she performs her anatomy on her next victim."

 

"Oh.. nobody can stop her now.. nobody.." Joongki remarked, staring at the one spot the entire time.  Chanwoo shot him an absurd glare, trying to figure out his intentions in his eyes. Chanwoo contemplated, but it was inevitable that he could figure out such thing, not without the help of Jiwoo anyway.

 

  'Why Joongki? Why can't anybody save her?"

 

"Why, are you going to cosplay as the audacious hero who saves the victim once again?" Joongki paused, laughing under his breath. "Go, try and save her, why don't you.. She's just down the road.. waiting for us all.." Joongki corniculated his voice, flitting past Chanwoo as nothing had ever happened.

 Brimful of apprehension, he rushed down the hill, to see the annihilated rose bouquet vexing his nerves. things were becoming so much anxious than they were before.

 

  "Please help me.." a distant voice blared in the rose thorn bush, right by the exit. there was a small law ministry where unorganized wills were to be passed down and cleared, but the office was in a contemporary shut due to personal matters. Chanwoo swallowed the lump that had formed on his throat.

  one by one, he led his feet towards the heinous voice that was calling after him.

 

 On the marble pathway which led him, he could see trances of blood leading him to where supposedly the girl was awaiting.  the silence seemed to be screaming at Chanwoo, it was only a matter of time before the wearing sound of the girl grew constant and emanated around his ears.

 

 "Please.." replied she, as she fell out of the rose thorned bush. she was bracing as it would be the thing saving her if she ever fell off a cliff; which in thought must have been Suzy and her vileful acts. Chanwoo's eyes widened, stunned at the sudden cosnternation before his eyes.

  The girl looked upto him with droughty eyes, begging for him to save her.

 

 That's when Chanwoo snapped out of reality and fell to his knees, trying to support the girl whose body was a leaf. there were decaying bruises on her veins, which explained her life or death sanity. the colour off her body had just died off almost like how Jieun's body was when she had died.

 

  "Wh.. How.. What happened to you?!" Chanwoo stuttered, his eyebrows furrowing. the girl began to cough blood, staining the pristine marble beneath them. the girl was only , trying to make out some words which were in the end, just muck. Chanwoo let out a exasperated sigh.

 

 

  "Good Job SooJin," that heinous voice. Chanwoo shot his face back, to see Suzy standing behind him with a metal pole in her right hand. he felt the girl slithering away from his legs like a snake- only to be vexing his emotions and pride. Chanwoo wasn't scared no more, it wasn't his first time dealing with Suzy.

 

  "Isn't it enough now? Jieun's dead now Bae Suzy. It's game over. nothing in this world will ever stop your love with Baekhyun anymore. Can you let it rest?"

 

"Ha," Suzy paused to laugh. "Funny, coming from you." the informality shrewed out of .

 

"Look, listen carefully. i'm only going to tell you once and just once. take this." Chanwoo slipped a small envelope from his pocket. "It's $50,000 from Jiwoo's bank account. take this and run away. run away to the other side of the world where nobody can ever find you or ever identify what you've done in life. stay there, hidden away forever and ever- and promise me, that you'll never ever break someone else's heart ever again. remember, sin is like a boomerang. it comes right back at you."

 

  Chanwoo contemplated as he swifted right past Suzy.

 

"If you ever show your eyes infront of me, or Baekhyun ever again- that's going to be the day your life will end. I will end you. "

 

 

 

  Chanwoo heard the metal rod drop behind his ears. he relaxed,- yet the next few moments went by like a blur. he heard the painful screaming of the helpless girl who slithered away- he heard stabs. knife stabs. the blood stains squirted at Chanwoo's shoes- leaving a red mark. he was too scared to turn back- but there was no need. that's when he fell to the floor, and his eyes shuttered on and off before it off, with the last words.

 

 

  'Nobody will ever find you now."

 



I'm sorry i didn't update since forever.

and this chapter's so disappointing for me, once again. T_T

i've been really busy in Korea, going to places, eating ;D, and sorting out business ~_~

but the best thing is, omfg i actually saw IU filming for You're the best lee soon shin

i swear i could have taken million photos but they didn't allow photos near the place cuz it

effects the cameras and stuff T_____T it was at that restaurant place- like they weren't actually filming

i dont know what they were doing, they were just there. doing something. banning photos.

 tumblr_mn2ivbrek61rwmyi8o1_r2_500.gif

  [^ that gif is so me and my emotions] ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG so mad -_- LOOl