The Next Morning...

Making Up For Lost Memories..

This is the greatness of having a co-author! ^^

_____________________________________________

Sohee

I didn’t want to go back to U-Kiss’ dorm. I really, really didn’t want to go back and face the guys. I checked my phone and realized that I had missed... well, a lot of calls from them. And a whole bunch of texts.

SoSo, where are you!? – Eli

Sohee, please come back! Everybody is worried! – Alexander

And they were all pretty much along those lines. I just kept skipping through them, until the last one made me stop with my thumb still hovering over the “Delete” button.

Sohee, I’m sorry. I’m really, really sorry. I had no right to do what I did. – Eli

Okay, now I feel kind of guilty.

“Sohee!” Yesung yelled as Kyuhyun was getting ready to take me back to U-Kiss’ dorm.

“What?” I turned around to face him, and he stopped in front of me with a goofy smile on his face.

“There’s a ton of funny stuff I want to show you!”

“I’m sorry, Yesung, but I have to get back…” I drifted off, pointing my thumb over my shoulder at the door.

He frowned, but then his face lit up again. “They’re all internet articles and a bunch of funny pictures – give me your email address and I can send them to you!”

I frowned and told him, “I haven’t checked my email in years. I don’t think I’ve checked it since long before I graduated from college,” I told him. “I don’t think I can remember my address, much less my password…” I muttered to myself.

He pouted at me. “Well, think!”

I groaned and held out my hands. “The guys can wait – give me a pad and a pen of paper and I’ll try to remember it.”

Eli

“Where is she?” I screamed, pacing back and forth. She had been gone all night, and we were all worried sick. None of us had slept the night before. Each and every one of us looked like a mess – dark shadows under our eyes, which were also bloodshot, rumpled clothing, messed up hair… Because we kept stressing out over Sohee.

Suddenly, a buzzing sound came from the middle of the room. It went silent, and we all whipped around to the coffee table in the center of the room. In the dead center, Alexander’s phone was buzzing, and the screen was lit up.

Sohee

We all screamed and lunged for the phone at the same time, but I managed to grab it first.

“Sohee, where are you?” he cried as soon as he had hit the green button, looking like he was on the verge of tears. “We’ve been worried sick, none of us got any sleep last night -” He stopped in mid-sentence and relaxed a little bit.

 I took the chance to wrestle the phone from his hands and hold it to my ear, my eyes wide with panic. “Sohee, where are you, what happened, are you alright -”

“I’m fine, . I spent the night at the SuJu dorm.”

I felt like I was choking on air – very angry air. “What? Sohee, do you have any idea how stupid -” I heard a ‘click!’ sound, followed shortly by the dial tone. I slowly moved the phone so that it was held out and arms length and stared at it like it was a foreign object. “She hung up on me,” I said in disbelief. I could feel anger rising inside of me and my grip on the phone tightened. “She hung up on me,” I said again in disbelief, laced with anger. “She. Hung. Up. On. Me,” I growled, gripping the phone so hard my knuckles were turning white.

“We heard you the first time,” Kiseop stated. Big mistake. Without thinking, I chucked the phone and the wall and started panting in anger, pacing back and forth.

“I can’t believe her!” I snarled, throwing my arms up in the air. “We’re all worried sick about her, we don’t get a minute of sleep, and she acts like she’s the only person in the world who matters and doesn’t give a damn -”

Slap!

I was stunned by the sudden slap from Alexander. “That’s for breaking my phone,” he stated, glaring at me. “You owe me a new one. Now…” He took a deep breath and shook his head. “I kind of agree with you.”

“…What?” The entire room was silent, and we all stared at him in disbelief.

He sighed and shook his head. “I said that I kind of agree with her – but I’m also going to bet that it’s your fault,” he stated, pointing at me.

“What?” I yelled, growing tense.

“Sohee is totally pissed at you. You took advantage of her while she was drunk, and you wouldn’t stop smiling about it! We can ask her what she was thinking when she decided to stay over at Super Junior’s place, and it’ll probably have something to do with avoiding you!” He snapped, jabbing his finger in my chest.

I opened my mouth to object, but we all heard a slow clicking sound of the front door being opened.

Sohee

I stared up at where I knew the dorm was.

“You sure you don’t want me to come with you? I can explain -”

“It’s fine, Kyu,” I smiled at him. “I think I’d best handle this on my own – I don’t want them taking anything out on you.”

He smiled at me softly and leaned down to press a gentle kiss on top of my head. “If things get out of hand, just call me and I’ll come get you.”

“Thank you,” I whispered, letting my hand linger in his for a minute before I stepped into the elevator. On the way up, I could feel my apprehension growing. I was worried about how the guys would react, but mostly I was afraid of Eli. He sounded really, really pissed. And as soon as I had hung up on him, I had this growing nervousness in my stomach. I was very tempted to call him back, but my pride wouldn’t let me.

Once I was standing in front of the door, I took a deep breath and started to turn the doorknob. When the door was opened less than an inch, it was yanked open and Kevin stood in front of me with wide, frightened eyes.

“Sohee!” He shrieked, sweeping me into a bone-crushing hug. “We were so worried about you!” He sobbed, genuine tears falling down his cheeks.

I felt guilty for more than one reason – guilty because I had made them worry, and because I was kind of happy that they had missed me.

“Noona!” Dongho cried, trying feebly to wrestle me out of Kevin’s arms so that he could hug me. All around me, the boys were trying to wrestle me out of Kevin’s arms so that they could each hug me. I found myself crying because they had all been genuinely worried about me, and I had just pushed them away.

“I’m sorry!” I cried, sinking into the group hug. “I just… I couldn’t…” I heard Alexander clear his throat and all of the guys tensed up and stepped away slowly. I stared at the floor, afraid to meet his gaze.

“Sohee, what were you thinking?” He asked coldly.

My lip trembled a little bit – I was so scared. I could tell that Alexander was angry; I didn’t have to look up at him to know. But this was Xander. He was like an older brother to me.

“I… I didn’t want to… I couldn’t…” I looked up at him and immediately regretted it, because he looked so angry. I tried to look away, but the first pair of eyes that I met as soon as I did was Eli’s. I was hypnotized – he looked even more pissed than Xander. “I couldn’t…” I was whispering, afraid of raising my voice in the eerie silence that permeated the air around me. I finally broke our eye-contact and looked up at Xander. “I’m sorry, I didn’t want to face -” I could feel the tears building in my eyes again. I hated crying, but since yesterday I had become an emotional wreck.

I lowered my head and squeezed my eyes shut. I could hear soft footsteps, and the next thing I knew, Alexander had pulled me into a tight, comforting embrace. “It’s alright, SoSo,” he cooed, my hair. I hiccupped and then broke down in tears in his arms. We stood there for awhile, and I could feel the wet fabric of his shirt against my cheek once I had calmed down a little. “We’re just glad that you’re safe,” he told me softly. “Now, I think that we all need some rest,” he said, stepping away from me and holding my shoulders gently.

“You’ve got to be kidding me -” Eli snapped, stepping forward.

“Shut up, Eli!” Everyone yelled in unison. Eli was caught completely off-guard and staggered backwards.

While he was stunned silent, I walked up to Dongho and tapped him on the shoulder. He looked down at me and smiled, but his smile fell when he saw the sad look on my face. “Dongho, can I have my room to myself for a little while? I’m going to want your company in a little while, but for now…”

He smiled and pulled me into a tight hug. “It’s fine, noona,” he told me.

As I was heading to my room and turned around and looked at all of the guys. “Guys…” They all looked at me and I took a deep, shaky breath. “I’m very, very sorry for making you worry.”

The each smiled at me and assured me that it was fine in their different ways. I smiled sadly and went to my room, and shut the door behind me as soon as I was in. However, once my door was shut, I also heard a loud argument break out downstairs. But I didn’t care; I wanted to see if I could remember my email password as see those funny articles and pictures that Yesung had probably sent me by now.

I sat down in front of my computer and stared at the screen, trying a possible password every few minutes whenever it came to mind. On the sixth try, I grinned when it worked.

… What the hell?

129 unread messages

Who the hell emailed me over one hundred times? I clicked on my inbox and started looking through the senders.

Youtube alert… Psh, I saw those on my youtube homepage. I went through and deleted all of the messages from youtube.

Myspace? What the hell? I hadn’t used that thing since my junior year of college. I deleted all of those.

Facebook? Sure, I had created a page for my business, but I didn’t know it sent me notifications whenever someone became a fan, or whatever. So, I deleted those.

There were a few other senders that I didn’t particularly care about – online coupon offers, articles from this online magazine I had gotten a free subscription to my freshman year of college…

When I had gone through all of those, I still had thirty-seven messages left. Nine of them were from Yesung. But the rest of them… The name sounded familiar, but still…

Who the hell is Fushigi Kaiko?

_________________________