1.2. The Fantastic Four

My Life Is A Korean Drama?!

 

“Wait up!” You cried after L. Joe. “I don’t know where we are so can you please slow down?”

He wasn’t listening to music or anything so he should be able to hear you fine. You huffed and whined, “Oppa, please!”

L. Joe halted. You smiled and skipped to his side. “Thank you.”

“What’d you call me?”

“’Oppa’…that means big brother in Korean, right?”

“It does, but,” he blushed, “Just don’t call me that.”

You frowned, “Okay.” The rest of the walk to school you stayed quiet. As you got closer to the school, you noticed there were more students in uniforms similar to the ones you and L. Joe were wearing. Eventually, you reached the school entrance.

“I’ll be right here when school ends. Don’t go wandering off,” L. Joe warned. He smiled and ruffled your hair. You pouted and he laughed as he walked backwards away from you.

When he disappeared you looked from side to side. You didn’t recognize anyone. You sighed and shifted the bag comfortably on your shoulder. “I can do this. This is my drama.”

“Who are you talking to, Y/N?”  You hopped away from the stranger who came up behind you. Turning around, you were relieved and surprised to see 2NE1’s Minzy standing there.

“You know me?”

“You don’t remember me? Did you hit your head or something?” Minzy asked as she knocked on your skull. “It doesn’t sound like anything’s missing.”

You pushed her hand away and placed your hand on Minzy’s shoulders. “Tell me, Minzy, are you speaking English or am I speaking Korean?”

“What does that mean?”

“Ah, we’re not getting anywhere…okay, fine. Do you at least know what classes I take?”

Minzy frowned as she thought of an answer. “You’re in all my classes except you’re in Advanced English.”

“Who teaches that?”

“Mr. Choi.”

“Choi, Choi,…Oh! She must mean T.O.P,” you whispered to yourself.

“Are you okay Y/N? You seem aloof.”

“I’m fine.” You linked arms with hers. “Now, lead the way.”

For some reason you could understand what every teacher said, but you still didn’t know the classes because they weren’t anything you were used to. When it came lunchtime you and Minzy sat together in the cafeteria and you started quizzing her about your life. You learned from her that you and L. Joe grew up in the same orphanage and that your family belonged to the lower middle class bracket. Yep, it was just like a drama.

“Fascinating,” you said after she finished telling you your life story. “So where are the ‘cool’ guys?”

“’Cool’ guys?” She giggled. “Your brother is popular. Why don’t you ask him?”

I smacked my forehead. “I should have known. Where is he?”

“Right over there.” She pointed behind you and you looked over your shoulder at L. Joe with his group of friends. You gawked when you saw EXO’s Kris, SHINee’s Key, and Big Bang’s G-Dragon. “Oh. My. God.”

“I know,” Minzy sighed. “They’re all so cool and handsome.” You nodded in agreement.

“Am I friends with them?” Your question was met by chortling.

“In your dreams! Your brother might be cool, but you’re not.”

“Well, let’s change that.” Minzy looked at you incredulously. “I’m L. Joe’s sister. I got this.”

You tidied your uniform and stood from your seat. Minzy shrugged and got comfortable in her seat as she watched you walk over to L. Joe’s table. L. Joe saw you coming up to their table and he shifted in his seat.

“Hey,” you greeted them. G-Dragon was playing with his phone and Key was fixing his hair so they didn’t respond.

Kris, however, looked you up and down and smirked. “L. Joe’s sister.”

“What are you doing?” L. Joe asked.

“I wanted to meet your friends.”

“Excuse me, guys,” L. Joe excused himself. Key and G-Dragon nodded, but Kris’ smirk widened and he sent you a flirty wave.

L. Joe grabbed your arm and walked you to a corner of the cafeteria. “I don’t want you to associate with my friends.”

“Why not? Am I not cool enough to be seen around you and your friends in school?”

“It’s nothing like that,” he sighed. “I’m trying to protect you from…dangerous people.”

“They don’t look so tough,” You smiled cockily.

“You don’t get it.” L. Joe shook his head. “Just, listen to me please? It’s for your own good.”

You stared into his darkbrown eyes and sighed. “…Okay.”

“Don’t forget, I’ll be waiting for you at the front gate.”

“Yes, yes.”

L. Joe smiled at you and pinched your cheek. “Okay, see you later.”

You nodded and returned to Minzy who was giving you an ‘I told you so’ look. “Don’t say it,” you cut her off before she could speak.

“But I did.”

 

 

NEXT TIME ON 'MY LIFE IS A KOREAN DRAMA?!'

“You don’t look anything like your brother. Which is good because if you did you’d be unattractive.”

You blushed. “Is that your way of saying I’m attractive?”

He nodded. “Yeah, but mom and dad don’t know. They can’t know.”

“Well, I hope it comes back soon because I miss my sister,” he said with his eyes closed and chin upturned. 

You narrowed your eyes at him. “I used to think you were really cool until I met you in person.”