2.2. I'm Getting Real Tired of Your

My Life Is A Korean Drama?!

A/N: I apologize for the long delay. BUT I'M A GRADUATE! YAY! >:D Actually, this chapter was pre-written it's just I didn't have anything to follow up with so I couldn't make a preview for the next chapter - -" My apologies. I will give you a preview once I write the next chapter~ HERE IS AN UPDATE! (maybe if I'm quick enough it will be a double update~ *winkwink*)

“Ow! Kris!” You squealed as he dragged you through the school gates so that the two of you were off school grounds. Some nosy students sent you concerned looks while the older people on the street looked at you disapprovingly. Kris let you go when you were at least five blocks away from school. “What the hell, man?”

“L. Joe wouldn’t just leave like that,” he said while typing something on his iPhone. “There’s something you’re not telling me.”

You rolled your eyes. “So why are we out here? You think that because we’re in private that I’m going to tell you anything?” You scoffed which earned a scowl from Kris.

“C’mon,” he snatched your arm and pulled you inside a snazzy café. It seemed like the kind of place where rich kids hang out. You based this off of the fancy outfits the employees were wearing and the prices of items on the menu. You ogled the price for a small iced coffee. Five dollars?! They must be out of their mind!

“Sit,” he ordered when you arrived at a more private area on the third floor of the café. It was a ridiculously large café.

The room was small, but the tall glass windows allowed customers to see the city street below. There was a circular table smack in the center and around the table was a curved couch that faced the window. The material of the couch was soft and velvety, you observed after you touched it. When Kris cleared his throat, you obediently sat on the couch.

“What are we doing here?”

He responded curtly, “Waiting.” Kris sighed and sat beside you.

“For who?”

“My friends.”

“Who are your friends?”

He narrowed his eyes at you. “Are you doing this just to bug me? ‘Cause if you are, it’s working.”

As much as you wanted to grin, you couldn’t at the risk of being throttled by him.

He sighed again. “We’re waiting for Jiyong and Key. They should be here by now,” he grumbled.

You remembered them from lunch your first day here. They looked occupied so you weren’t properly introduced yet. “Why? Is this going to turn into an intervention?”

“Something like that.”

Several minutes later, Key and Jiyong arrived. Key stomped up to Kris and yelled, “What’s this I hear about L. Joe joining the army?!”

“Yeah, is that true?” Jiyong asked.

Kris shrugged and nodded in your direction. Key’s angry face and Jiyong’s worried one shifted to you. You felt yourself shrink from the attention.

“She’s L. Joe’s sister,” Kris apprised.

“Where’s L. Joe?” inquired Key. He walked right up to you and got in your face. It was like good cop-bad cop; he was the bad cop, Jiyong was the good cop, and Kris? Well, Kris was a bit of both.

“H-He joined the army,” you stuttered with a blush.

Key clicked his tongue and shook his head. “I don’t believe you.”

“Something’s up,” Jiyong added.

“That’s what I said,” commented Kris.

“Well, you’re just gonna have to believe me ‘cause it’s true. He left this morning. And if you still don’t believe me just ask my parents.”

“Why the hell would he leave?! Give me a good reason and then I’ll start believing you,” Key challenged.

This piqued Kris’ attention, so everyone’s eyes were on you. You gulped and looked down at your lap. You really hated yourself for blushing at that moment. Jiyong and Key just thought it was because you were in a room with three attractive men. Kris suspected something deeper.

“…L. Joe couldn’t be around the family anymore.”

“Why is that?” That was Jiyong.

“Uh…” your eyes started shifting around the room and you started sweating from your armpits. You had every right to be nervous. What would they do if you told them L. Joe liked you? Would they call you disgusting? You weren’t related, but L. Joe did say everyone couldn’t see you as otherwise.

“Because L. Joe-“

“How could I forget?” Kris exclaimed, interrupting your confession. He snapped his fingers and hopped off the couch. The action startled the rest of you. “L. Joe told me about this before! I remember having a conversation with him a while back. He mentioned joining early because of his family’s financial situation.”

“How would that make anything better?” Key asked irately. Jiyong watched Kris’ actions as he responded

“He didn’t go into much detail about it. I remember him mentioning America,” Kris shrugged, “Sorry, guys. I wish I could tell you more.”

After a moments silence, Jiyong walked up to Kris and gave him a strong pat on the shoulder. “It’s okay, man.”

Key shook his head, sending a glare at you before he sat down. “Did he leave with you any contact information? Any messages for us?”

You shook your head to which Key sighed, expressing his annoyance with you and the whole situation. “I’m sorry…” you squeaked.

“Don’t worry about it,” said Jiyong. “L. Joe is a smart kid. Whatever he’s up to, he can handle it.” That made you feel a little better.

Kris purchased a hot chocolate and muffin for you as reward for making it through the interrogation. The four of you reflected on past experiences with L. Joe and the mood was light. After, Kris offered to walk you home and you obliged.

“Thank you for saving me back there.”

“No problem. Uh, I owe you one." You rubbed your shoulder.

"Hm...you do, don't you?" he smirked, "Then let's go on a date."

"What?!"