1.5. Love Square

My Life Is A Korean Drama?!

 

After Niel's declaration, L. Joe looked between you and Niel and smiled. It seemed forced to you. “Good luck, man,” he said finally.

“I don't need it,” Niel shook his head. “Y/N already told me she likes me and since we both like each other I don't think it would hurt for us to date.”

“Uh, Niel,” you tugged on his sleeve. “We don't have to date.”

“But I want to. I want people to know that we're together.”

“Y/N's not allowed to date,” L. Joe said a little too zealously. You looked at him weird because he seemed fine with it seconds ago and now he wasn’t. “I forgot that our adopted parents don't allow that kind of thing so please don't ask her.”

“...Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know.” L. Joe nodded. “Can we still hang out?”

“I guess you can do that...but not on days she has work.”

“Of course,” Niel agreed. ‘But that still counts as dating...’ You rolled your eyes. These two were deciding what you could do with your love life without your input. How rude.

“Hold up,” you yelled as you got between the both of them. You looked at L. Joe. “I should be able to hang out with whoever I want, when I want. I didn’t choose to work. And you,” you faced Niel, “Why are you rushing things? We’ve just been reunited after a decade I guess and you’re asking me out? You can’t do that.”

“I’m sorry,” Niel apologized. L. Joe murmured an apology as well. What an overprotective sibling he turned out to be.

“Now, if you’ll excuse me I’m going to get lunch!” You enthused and marched away from the pair. You remembered conversations like these in some dramas, but that usually happened between two love interests. Did that mean L. Joe was a love interest? You shook your head and buried that thought away. He’s your brother.

When it was time for Advanced English, you were eager to start a dialogue with your desk mate. Kris was doodling in his notebook at the time you arrived for class. “’Sup?” You said as you sat down.

He ignored your greeting and held up his notebook to show you his drawing. “What’s that?”

He rolled his eyes. “Isn’t it obvious?” He started pointing to limbs and features of the character he drew as he explained his creation. You gathered it was a dog. A really grotesque dog.

“It’s…beautiful.”

“Good choice of words.”

Kris opened his notebook to a clean page when SE7EN walked in. You did the same. Once SE7EN started the class you took careful notes. At the end of class SE7EN announced there would be a vocabulary exam tomorrow. The whole class groaned.

As you and Kris exited the room together, the tall Chinese male asked, “Are you doing anything tonight?”

You weren’t sure of an answer because you didn’t yet know your work schedule. “I don’t know.”

Kris looked peeved. He ordered you to take out your phone and you obeyed. It took a while, but you found your cell in one of the compartments on your bag. You exchanged numbers and in the process, you even learned your own phone number. “I want to get an ‘A’ on that exam and you’re really good at English so…”

“We should study together,” you finished. He nodded. “I’ll have to run it by L. Joe, but sounds like a plan.”

“Good. Text me when you have permission. I’ll pick you up wherever and we’ll study at my house.”

‘Studying at Kris’ house? No way!’ “Alright. Hope to see you later,” you waved as he parted.

Your drama was just getting better and better. 

 

 

NEXT TIME ON 'MY LIFE IS A KOREAN DRAMA?!

 

L. Joe looked over his shoulder at you. “Why can’t you just study with me?”

“He’s rich?” You whispered to L. Joe. He nodded and added, “Very.”

L. Joe’s phone suddenly started to ring. “It’s our parents,” he announced and disappeared into the hallway. 

You gawked at him. “Are they missing? Kidnapped?...Dead?”

“You still like Niel?” L. Joe asked when he appeared in the doorway of your bedroom. 

“…no. He’s a good person. I’m just worried you’re not being rational because of the way you’ve been behaving.”