1.8. Overprotective Much?

My Life Is A Korean Drama?!

 

“I don’t know why I agreed to this,” Kris groaned as he followed L. Joe through the mall.

L. Joe ignored him and continued searching the premises for any sign of you. “Tell me if you see her.”

Kris shook his head and reluctantly looked around. “Why are we doing this again?”

“She’s on a date and I’m worried something’s going to happen.”

“Of course something’s going to happen. It’s a date.” Abruptly, Kris stopped in his tracks. “No way! She can go on a date with some guy and when I want to study with her you have to come along? .”

“That’s gross. You’re my friend and she’s my sister. I thought it was pretty obvious nothing was going to happen.”

“Chill out, man. You’re being really overprotective…it’s kinda creepy. You’re her brother and you’re acting like her boyfriend.”

L. Joe paused to scowl at Kris. “I was just kidding.” Kris said under his breath, “Can’t take a joke…”

“Found her,” L. Joe proclaimed and pulled Kris with him into the nearest shop. They watched you from inside.

The movie was alright. You weren’t paying attention because you were busy staring at Niel’s lips. They were so big and perfect. You were starting to think you had some infatuation with lips or something.

“I’m sorry if you didn’t like it,” Niel apologized as he rubbed the back of his head.

You shook your head and smiled at him. “I don’t mind. It was just nice to hang out, you know?”

He visibly relaxed. Feeling daring, he walked closer to you as the two of you exited the mall. You grinned inwardly when you realized he did that. This was turning out to be a really vivid dream. You hoped you didn’t wake up soon.

“I know this isn’t a date, but…can I kiss you?”

‘Yes! Yes you may!’ You couldn’t help but smile. “C-course!”

He laughed at the energy in your response. Niel placed his hands on your shoulder and studied your face. Hopefully, your lips looked nice enough to kiss. He puckered his lips and you copied. Slowly, he approached your lips with his and just when you were about to kiss-

“Y/N!”

You and Niel split immediately out of embarrassment. When you recovered you turned around to see L. Joe accosting you with Kris lagging behind. “What? What is it?”

L. Joe huffed and looked at you through tired eyes. “Were you going to kiss him?”

“And what if I was?” You crossed your arms because you were angry with him. You were this close to getting a kiss from Niel –those luscious, full lips on yours- and L. Joe had to ruin it.

“I told you ‘no dating’,” he repeated. Kris smirked as he watched the siblings quarrel.

“For your information, ‘dating’ and ‘hanging out’ and ‘going out’ are all the same thing! It doesn’t matter what words you use. I like Niel and we were about to kiss when you interrupted us!”

“I know. That’s why I stopped you.”

“What the he-“ You stopped yourself from cussing him out. You understand now. L. Joe was acting this way because he liked you. Why else would he go to such measures? You started giggling to yourself.

“What’s wrong with her?” Niel asked.

“He broke her,” Kris said monotonously. He then looked at Niel. “Who are you by the way?”

“Childhood friend.”

L. Joe looked at you like you were crazy. “What is wrong with you?!”

“I’m sorry,” you said after your laughing fit had died down. “This is just getting ridiculous.”

L. Joe snatched your arm and marched you away from Niel and Kris. “I’m taking you home.”

“Whatever.” You didn’t have the energy to argue as much as you wanted to so you could just go back to Niel and kiss those lips!

Your adopted, overprotective, annoying brother stopped and put you in a position so that you were face-to-face. “I don’t want him to be your first,” he admitted.

You blinked at him and nodded slowly. You realized his hand had abandoned your bicep for your hand. He gulped and stared angrily at the floor. “Please don’t hate me.”

You didn’t want him to feel bad. While you thought this whole situation was amusing, he obviously thought what he was feeling was authentic. You said finally, “I don’t hate you, oppa-“

It all happened so fast. L. Joe kissed you. You thought your eyes would pop out of your head. You were just that surprised. There was a lot in that kiss, too. Anger. Anxiety. Passion. Lust. You were so overwhelmed with the emotions he was forcing onto you that your heart started to beat erratically against your chest. Your face was heating up. Your hands…where were your hands? They weren’t at your sides, but on L. Joe’s chest. You were so consumed in the kiss that you just couldn’t control yourself.

Kissing him back was a reflex.

When he finally let you go, you were both breathing heavily. L. Joe’s face was flushed and he looked away from you in shame. “I didn’t mean to do that.”

You stared at his back as he walked away. You were so curious to know what could have happened if he hadn’t stopped. You were hungry for more.

 

 

NEXT TIME ON 'MY LIFE IS A KOREAN DRAMA?!'

“Are you alright?” he asked as he sat next to you on the bed. “Your brother isn’t talking to me. I hope you’re not ignoring me, too.”

“I was hoping you could give me an answer.”

“I have to get out of here.”

“I cannot believe what I’m hearing right now.” You stood up and paced around his room.