1.1. This Isn't My Life!

My Life Is A Korean Drama?!

 

You groaned at the annoying music that was entering your ears. You could hear an acoustic guitar and a feminine voice humming and singing “la”s to the rhythm. ‘Why? Who is doing that?’ You tossed and turned in your bed before giving up on sleeping. Your eyes opened emergently and they darted around the room in search for the source of that irksome noise. It wasn’t coming from the room but from outside. You guessed it was your mom on youtube and like usual, she was being inconsiderate and not using earphones.

Sleepily, you got off the bed with every intention to yell at your mother, but when you did the music ceased. ‘Okay…’ You furrowed your brows and looked up at the ceiling.

“That was weird.” You mumbled. You returned to your bed that was looking very inviting and fell asleep again, but not for long. Someone was dragging the covers off of your body.

“What is it now?!” You screeched and flew into an upright position. You were staring straight into the eyes of a woman who wasn’t your mother. “Who are you?!” You exclaimed as you hopped out of your bed to the side she wasn’t occupying.

“Y/N,” the woman smiled. “I’m your mother.”

“No you’re not! My mother is not-not you!” You pointed accusingly at her. “You’re some stranger who snuck into my house and now you’re going to kidnap me!”

She laughed haughtily like those mean Korean woman from those dramas…‘dramas,’ you repeated in your head. You stopped looking at her to take in the room you slept in. You shook your head as you observed, “This is not my room…”

“Course it is!” Your ‘mother’ said, dismissing your comment. “Now hurry and get ready for school.” As she left the room she murmured, “Aigoo, kids these days.”

Even though you didn’t know where you were, who she was, and how you ended up here, you managed to find your supposed uniform. It looked like a Korean female student uniform. The uniform was so cute you briefly forgot about your situation and put it on. It fit perfectly.

Cautiously, you peered in the hallway to see if anyone was roaming about. There was no movement, but you could hear distinct voices; three voices. One of them had to belong to your fake mother. You gulped and tiptoed out of your room, into the hallway and approached the source of the voices. Three people were seated at a square table with plates and bowls of food that was foreign to you. There was your mother serving the food, an old man you guessed was your father and a young man.

You cleared your throat and the trio looked at you. Your eyes almost popped out of your head when you saw who the young man was. It was L. Joe of Teen Top! You squealed and pointed at him, “Y-You’re-Why are you here?!”

He ignored your outburst and continued to eat his rice. He murmured “babo”. You may not know Korean, but you’ve watched enough dramas to know what that meant. “I’m not an idiot!”

Your mother shushed you and pulled you down to sit next to her. “Eat up, Y/N, and ignore you brother.”

“Brother???” You slammed your hands on the table which earned the attention of your discombobulated family. “Doesn’t this look wrong to you? We don’t look related. L. Joe doesn’t even look like you!”

Your mother gasped. “Don’t say things like that!”

Your father shook his head and looked at you firmly. “Y/N, you’re upsetting me and your mother. Now don’t you think we know that already? You and your brother are adopted. I don’t like bringing that up, but you’ve left me no choice.”

“No, no. This makes no sense. Yesterday, I was in a different house with a different sibling and with different parents. This isn’t my family.” You frowned when you noticed that your mother had started crying.

“Look what you did,” L. Joe commented. He glared at you.

“You should leave now,” your father said as he moved to his wife’s side to comfort her.

“I’m sorry, but-“ L. Joe grabbed your arm and dragged you from the room. When you were outside he let go and said quietly. “I don’t know what’s gotten into you, but whatever it is has got to stop. You’re tearing this family apart.”

“I don’t know what you mean.”

He rolled his eyes. “Just get your things so we can go to school.”

You nodded hesitantly and when he disappeared you returned to your room to find your bag. “I miss my real family,” you whimpered. As soon as you started to cry music filled the room. It was the same music that played whenever the main character was sad in a drama.

You snapped your fingers. ‘That’s it! I must still be dreaming in my bed at my real house. Everything that’s happening…

It’s like I’m in my own drama.’

 

NEXT TIME ON  'MY LIFE IS A KOREAN DRAMA?!'

You huffed and whined, “Oppa, please!”

“You don’t remember me? Did you hit your head or something?” Minzy asked as she knocked on your skull. “It doesn’t sound like anything’s missing.”

“Choi, Choi,…Oh! She must mean T.O.P,” you whispered to yourself.

“Right over there.” She pointed behind you and you looked over your shoulder at L. Joe with his group of friends. You gawked when you saw EXO’s Kris, SHINee’s Key, and Big Bang’s G-Dragon. “Oh. My. God.”

L. Joe grabbed your arm and walked you to a corner of the cafeteria. “I don’t want you to associate with my friends.”