A Love Story like Audrey and Gene's.

Diary of an Invisible Girl

Song of the chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aByzxzm9rhI

MiSoo's POV

I've been avoiding them both for days now. I couldn't handle the attention that they and their fans were forcing upon me. I would feign sickness and retreat to the nurse's office or pretend I was asleep so they wouldn't approach me. As soon as the last bell rang, I ran out, trying to get to the bookstore quickly, without being noticed. And today ws no different. I already had my items packed and the second that the bell rang, I was out the door. I heard my name being called, but I only ran faster. I heard a loud thump, thinking it was a footstep, I tried running even faster. I ran the whole way to the book store and hid behind the front counter for a few minutes until I felt that it was safe to come out.

YoSeob's POV

I wanted to talk about her. I wanted to apologize and tell her that she wasn't just any girl to me. Once I broke the ice between us, she was all that I could think of. I dreamt of her in my arms and whenever I sang to myself, it was like I was singing for her. I didn't want to let her escape today, but at the same time, I didn't want to scare her more. As I ran out of the classroom after her, I noticed that she was almost at the end of the hall. I made the mistake of calling after her, because she just ran faster. But in the haste that she made, she dropped something. I stopped when I reached the item, recognizing it as the book that she always wrote in. I was always curious what was transferring from her mind to the paper. But I knew it was bad and a violation of privacy, so I put it in my backpack with the intention of returning it to her.

I walked to the cafe and sat down with my usual drink. Like always, I stared out at the world in a daze. 'Should I go to the bookstore and talk to her?' 'Will I ever get to apologize?' 'How can I make her mine?' 'What about HongKi? He can't be serious about her. He's not serious about anyone.' These questions buzzed around my head like bees. In the end, I just returned home, afraid to face the matter... At least for today.

MiSoo's POV

I was finally able to calm down after a while at work. Tea with the owner and organizing the books kept my mind off of other things. I ended up physically exhausted at the end of the night and went straight to bed, without a second thought.

YoSeob's POV

As much as I wanted to get her out of my mind, I couldn't. Oh how I craved another kiss from her. My heart sped up just thinking about it. I looked over at my backpack. After a silent debate in my mind, I made the decision to get up. "Just one story." I whispered. Retrieving the journal, I my lamp and laid back on my bed. I turned to the most recent entry and got comfortable.

Life was alright for her. She had a future, a loving family, and friends. But she wasn't exactly happy. Her family didn't have money, but that didn't bother her in the least. She knew that no amount of money could really make her happy. The thought of traveling had crossed her mind more than a few times. But in order to do that, she would need to take a second job. In order to forget her unhappiness, even for just a second, she would watch old movies. Old American movies that held classic humor and true, dream-like romance. This took her to a whole new life with Audrey Hepburn and Gene Kelly. She only wish that she had the beauty that the actress did, or a good-looking man like Mr. Kelly by her side.

11_JC-07_audrey_hepburn_by_jack_cardiff.

gene3.jpg

She could only imagine what a love like theirs would have been like.... If they actually had fallen in love. She imagined long car rides at sunset and midnight walks, only the moon lighting their ways. She imagined dancing together in a gazebo in the middle of a garden and drinking warm coffee on the terrace of a french cafe. Looking longingly into her lover's eyes, while hearing the words 'I love you' escape his lips. Little did our Miss Cinderella know that maybe Prince Charming was on his way.

While working the night shift at the local hole-in-the-wall cafe, after being completely dead for an hour, a customer in a casual suit and a hat came in and sat in the corner, looking at the menu that already rested on the table. She was in the middle of cleaning the table when she heard a low, quiet 'excuse me'. She turned and walked over to the customer with a warm smile on her lips. "Have you decided what you would like?" She asked, expecting the gentleman to say 'Americano' or 'latte', but no. "I would like an angel..." Confused and unsure of what to say, she told him that there was no such thing residing on the menu. In one swift movement, he was standing in front of her, the back of his hand gently caressing her face. "But you're right in front of me." She stumbled backwards a step, due to the shock. He took a step towards her, lifting his hat and bowing to her in a princely, european manner. Only after he returned to his right composure was she able to see his face. She gasped and dropped her cleaning rag at the sight of the beautiful boy before her.

kim-bumi1.jpg

Not wanting to seem rude, she bent down to pick up the rag. Her face was as red as a tomato and she was too shy to show him that. After standing back up, she kept her head low. But he didn't want that, so he lifted her head with his hand and looked into her eyes. "I've been watching you, my princess. I've come here many times, but never had the courage to talk to you. You look so beautiful to me. May I take you to dinner after you get off?" She contemplated the suddn situation. He looked like he could be a player with a sincere smile. The silence was disrupted by a loud, and rather embarassing growl that erupted from her stomach. He chuckled and touched her bright red cheek. "I'll take that as a yes. I'll see you in an hour." He said, kissing her forehead and leaving. After a few moments of shock, she returned to her work, trying to convince herself that it was only a dream. Somehow, she wasn't too convinced. The hour passed quickly and she was finally able to tell herself that it was only a joke for him. She changed out of her uniform into her casual clothes.

tumblr_mgunv10ZlF1rhncpno1_500.jpg

She locked the cafe doors behind her and turned to find Mr.Prince. "You look cute, angel." Without leaving her to refuse, he grabbed her arm and linked it with his. "Shall we?" he smiled brightly. She walked reluctantly beside him as they trailed the streets of Seoul. "Where are you taking me?" "It's a surprise, darling." He rubbed her hand that was draped over his arm. They walked around for about 10 minutes before coming upon a small stand that sold jewelry and trinkets. He caught her glancing at a small, precious lunar necklace.

il_340x270.342196049.jpg

He smirked nonchalantly and they walked into the restaurant that was placed conveniently next to the stand. It was a cafe decorated in vintage french design. In the center of the room, a table for two was placed.

Cafe_in_Paris.jpeg

He led her to the table and pulledo out her seat. "I'll return in a second, darling.. Please wait for me." She was too awe-struck to pay attention to him leaving the restaurant.

It had been ten minutes and she was over the decor. She sipped on her tea and waited. She suddenly heard some heavy breathing behind, coming closer by the passing second. Her body tensed up as the panting figure came from behind her. She looked up to see a slightly sweaty Mr. Prince. She gasped, her body relaxing and she stood up, telling the waiter to bring a glass of water before rushing to his side. "What happened?" He was breathing to hard to answer.The water was brought and he was able to catch his breath and soothe his dry throat. Finally, the ordered their food and it was brought before them. "Please, tell me what happened." He looked up from his dish and gave a weak cough. "I went to go retrieve something. But the person I went to meet had left already so I had to find them and chase them down." She looked at him, confused and a bit hurt that he would go meet someone when she was with him. He smiled at her confusion and handed her a small soft pouch, she opened the pouch and took out the lunar necklace. Gasping, she looked up at him, her shocked face turning into a bright smile. "My princess, my angel... Will you be mine?" "I don't even know your name." "Kim Bum imnida." "Soo Lau imnida.'' "MY Soo Lau." He said before leaning over the table and engaging them in a romantic kiss lit by the beautiful moonlight.

"She found her happiness..." I whispered. I looked at the pictures taped along the story and smiled. I want to give MiSoo a love like this. I will make her my princess and give a love story like Audrey and Gene's...