Maybe Another Day

Diary of an Invisible Girl

Thanks for going through her past with me, now we will move onto the present story!

Song of the Chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92tACN9MUC0

MiSoo's POV (Present, third year high school)

I woke up to a weight suddenly hitting my stomach and groggily opened my eyes to an adorable little kitten staring back at me while laying on my stomach.

tumblr_lzw02yxLPT1qa9omho1_500.jpg

"Aigoo, Peeku! Good morning!" I smiled and picked up my little kitten. She was the light of my life, my brightness. I loved her! She is the only one I really showed any emotion to other than my parents. I kissed her head and carried her to her food bowl, setting her down, before giving her a combination of wet and dry food, mixed with some warm milk. While she ate, I went to get ready for school. I was a month into my last year of school and I was prepared to leave off into the world. 

I changed into my uniform and stared at my dull reflection. I looked at my dull reflection and my bright morning suddenly turned grey. My eyes were puffy, lifeless, and dark. My lips were pale and cracked, and my cheeks held no sign of color. My body was slim and held no shape. I felt like my uniform was made out of cardboard just to fit my body. I wrapped my arms around myself, feeling self concious.

I grabbed my things and went to the kitchen to fix myself breakfast really quick. My mom was already standing there, lunch wrapped and ready. I smiled and nodded slightly before putting the hot, fresh lunch in my bag. I love my mother and her lunches. I drank a cup of green tea and ate an apple. Once I finished, I kissed my mother on the cheek and left for another day at my school.

I could walk to my school now and I liked that. I tried getting there early to avoid crowds. I sat at my desk in the back of the room, no one else was there except for me, not even the teacher. I pulled out my diary, my most prized possession. I wrote my life in it, my surroundings, my stories, and my thoughts were all in there.

'He took her into a longing, warm embrace. Having finally found her after long years wasted searching, only to find that she was disguised as a beggar in his own kingdom, he was not willling to lose her again.'

Small phrases like that were my love. Giving hints of longer love stories and then piecing it all together to form a masterpiece. I felt like starting a new story after finishing my other one, just last night. 

I was too busy thinking of the details of my new adventure to notice that someone had walked into the room. "AISH! I forgot to do my homework!!!" My ears perked up and I looked over to see the school's Kingka, Lee Hongki. He looked around as if something in the room would give him the answer . His eyes passed over me as if I wasn't even there. I let out a shallow breath that I didn't even realize I was holding, as if holding my breath would literally make me invisible. I looked down at my book and then continued thinking about the story.

Suddenly, I felt a presence in front of me and I looked up from my diary, shutting it abruptly and putting it on my lap. "Who are you?" The kingka asked. I didn't reply. My insides were tightening up as my fear of contact with people erupted inside me. I looked down, afraid to make eye contact with him. "Are you a ghost?" I looked at him, and nodded, still not saying anything. His eyes widened in fascination. "Can you help my with my homework, ghost lady?" I shrugged and wrote out how to solve the problems and he did the homework with me watching.

It was strange feeling the warmth of another human and I don't think I liked it. I was uncomfortable and I could only hope he would leave soon. As soon as he finished, he stood up and went back to his desk and sat down. I felt a wave of relief wash over me. People started piling into the room not long after that and my world, once again, was separated from theirs.

HongKi's POV

I finished my homework thanks to the ghost lady. I wondered at first if she was a classmate, but I never had seen her before so I only assumed. She seemed terrified of me, which kind of amused me, but I didn't want to scare her off so I went back to my stuff. Eventually, the class piled into the classroom. YoSeob walked in and I pulled him off to the side.

"Did you know that we had a ghost in the school? She's sitting in the corner in the back. Can you see her?" I said, pointing at the spirit. "She's not a ghost. She's our classmate, that's Kang MiSoo." "But I've never seen her before!" "She prefers that. Rumor has it that she's bad luck. I don't believe in rumors but I think she wants to be left alone." YoSeob said, walking away, leaving me staring curiously at the ominous aura in the corner.

MiSoo's POV

After school, I headed to my part-time job. I worked in a bookstore, stocking books on the walls after business hours. With this, I didn't have to worry about being around people and, since the bookstore was a good size with two full floors, I got to spend a few hours surrounded by endless stories either dating back centuries or flying excitedly into the future. It was my paradise. Today, though, was an odd and slightly eerie day. The whole walk to the shop, I felt like someone was following me, yet every time I looked back, I couldn't find anyone. The street was nearly empty. I just shrugged and ignored the feeling until I got to the shop.

After the shop closed up for the night and the owner left to go home, I lit the lanterns around the shop and the stereo, listening to Yukari's ghostly voice. About an hour into my shift, I decided to dust and take out the trash. Today it was especially heavy and it took me all of my strength to get it over my shoulder and into the dumpster. After finally being able to throw it over my shoulder, the momentum knocked me backwards and I began to lose my balance. I was falling and preparing myself for impact on the cold wet ground of the alleyway.

But it didn't come. A pair of arms caught me and lifted me back onto my feet. I turned to see an older man, about 40. I bowed and whispered a small thank you but before I could get the word out, he pushed me against the wall and his lips got close to mine. I could smell the thick cloud of alcohol that escaped from his lips. I cringed and tried to get away but my weak, small body was inferior to his. I tried to cry out but I couldn't find my voice. He tried to kiss me, but I turned my head. He growled and kissed my neck which made my body shrivel up and I let out a meek cry. Another escaped my lips everytime his disgusting lips touched my skin. 

His lips made their way to mine and I whimpered in agony at the impending touch.  But in a sudden jolt, his grip was ripped from my skin and I fell to my knees. I looked up at a dark shadow throwing the man to the ground and punching him once before getting up and leaving the groaning drunk. He walked over to me and I squirmed in fear. He threw a jacket over my shoulders and he picked me up, taking me back inside the shop.

The strong figure set me down and shut the door so the drunk couldn't come in. I couldn't see his face because it was hidden behind a low hood. He knelt down in front of me and brought his hand up to my face, wiping away the tears that I didn't even know were falling. I jolted at the sudden warmth coming near me. I realized that I was shaking and tried to curl up in a feetle ball to calm myself down, but it didn't seem to work that well. The figure, who I guessed was a man, sat beside me and wrapped his arms around me and leaned my body against his as to keep me calm, I'm guessing.

Then he did something that completely surprised me. He started humming and rocking our bodies back and forth while my hair. Almost instantly, my body relaxed and my heart rate steadied. I looked up at the figure and saw his soft lips in the form of a slight smile. Without thinking, I turned around to face him and pulled back his hoodie, not concentrating on anything else other than his lips. My hands held onto his shoulders as I stared at his lips. I finally shook my head, breaking myself from my trance. I looked up at the face that the captivating lips belonged to and I gasped, covering my mouth and fell backwards onto my bum.

 

Who will it be?