Then, There was Another

Diary of an Invisible Girl

Sorry it took so long guys! I finally got a day off from work!!!

Song of the chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQSEgzvHVCI

MiSoo's POV (First year, high school)

I was in high school now. It seems like with every year that passes, I could start a new and this is no different. I went to a school farther away from my middle school. The traveling is a bit inconvenient but I don't mind. It was my first day at my high school. The bus ride was long, but scenic. I sat in the middle of the bus, in an empty seat between a mother with her crying baby and a grandmother. They went on with their own business as if I wasn't even there. It's normal, at least for me it is.

I finally got to my school. It was slightly larger than I expected and it seemed very well kept. I walked into the front gate and looked at all of the other students. Keeping my head low, I headed for my classroom. Upon arrival, I found an empty seat in the back of the room and stole it before anone else could. I waited and waited as the class started piling in. It was becoming quite loud and I just tried to concentrate on my book. It was the story of a prince who left everything for a commoner, his precious person... His diamond in the rough. 

"Alright class, please sit down and let's get started. First off, hello. My name is Mr. Lee MinHo and I will be your homeroom teacher, as well as your English teacher. Please treat me kindly and let's have a good year!"

lee_min_ho-200907060013342.jpg

"Mr. Lee, do you have a girlfriend?" One of the girls asked, flirtatiously, while all of the others stared at him in anticipation. I glanced up at him. He was incredibly attractive, but I was no where near interested. I much more prefer my storybook princes. It's much less dramatic and I don't have to suffer. "Ani."

We started doing our introductions, the worst part of the first day. Once it got to me, my heart doubled in speed and I shakily lifted myself out of my chair and, looking down, I said my name then began sitting down. I guess was pushing to hard on my desk, because my hand slipped from under me and I started falling for my desk. I, luckily, caught myself and expected to hear a little snickering, but no one was paying attention to me. I was invisible, after all. I looked up at Mr. Lee who was smiling at me before moving onto the next student. I rolled my eyes and kept reading.

Lunch came quickly and I was beginning to miss my tree. I sat in the corner of the room and ate my mom's delicious food. It was still hot in my thermal controlled lunchbox and the warm scent surrounded me in my little corner of the room.No one else was in the room, due to it being a beautiful day. Everyone went outside as where I was sitting next to the window so I could feel the warm breeze.

"That smells really good. Did you make it?" I looked up and saw Mr. Lee standing in front of me with that same smile as earlier. I just shook my head and watched as he sat in the seat in front of me, turned around. "Omma?" he asked. I nodded as I took another bite of the dumplings. "Can I have a bite? My mouth is watering, I'm so hungry." I was silent but I pulled out my spare chopsticks that I used in case I dropped mine on the floor. He took them happily and took a bite of my dumpling. I watched him as his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he let out a satisfactory groan. "Soooooooooooooo good!" I nodded and continued eating. "MiSoo, right?" I looked up once again and nodded. "You're very cute. Why don't you talk to anybody?" I bit my lip and contemplated my answer. "I'm afraid of people and I find peace in being by myself." I answered carefully, trying not to stutter. "I'm sorry if I make you feel uncomfortable..." "No no, it's fine.   I don't mind right now."

"Do you mind if I be the only person you talk to?" Taken aback by the question, I considered and sighed. "I'm sorry, Mr. Lee, but we really shouldn't have this type of relationship. It's taboo and could get us both in trouble." "What kind of relationship? Friends?" I nodded. "What if we were secret lovers?" The question caught me off guard and I looked at him. "It would get out and we would be in trouble. It always ends up like that." "I guess that answers that, then. I was just kid--" "Fine." He looked at me. "Fine what?" "I'll be your secret girlfriend, but I have rules." It was his turn to be shocked and he WAS. "Alright, and what exactly are these rules?" "Do not acknowledge me in school, act as if we have no relation what-so-ever, no dates, and I'd like you to keep saying that you don't have a girlfriend." "You're no fun!" He pouted. "Then why choose me?" "Cause you're pretty and you seem lonely." "If this is all for pity then we should call everything off now." "No, no, it's not. I was just observing." He said, trying to sound convincing. I wasn't convinced. "Fine, but I'm not calling you 'Oppa'." I said flatly. "Kill-joy" He mumbled. I wrote down my number and gave it to him. The bell for the next class and in the blink of an eye, he was gone. This will be interesting.

I couldn't figure out what came over me. Why would I agree? Maybe it'll be better. He's more mature than Wooyoung and it would be a real relationship instead of a bet...

(Fast forward)

We had been together for a month. We really didn't do much for our relationship other than talk on the phone and text. He tried to be cute, but I wasn't too impressed. It was a nice relationship. He was mature and talked of his dreams. Our relationship mainly consisted of him talking and me listening, which I prefered. One day in class, he was talking when the principal called him out. I watched him leave the room, a queasy feeling bubbling in my gut. I looked down at my book, trying to concentrate on the words on the page, but the pit of my stomach kept bothering me so I ended up looking out the window instead. He came back alone, his face slightly flushed, but the day went on as such.

That night, he called me sounding weak and slightly drunk. "We need to end it. Someone became suspicious of me being in a relationship with a student and told the principal." "I told you that this would happen." I scolded quietly. "I know, I'm sorry for putting you through this." "It's fine, good bye." I hung up, deleted his number, along with all of our texts, and went to the living room.

"Omma, I want to change schools... Maybe somewhere closer. I can't stand the commute." I said bluntly. "Oh? But I thought you didn't mind it." My mom said, curiously. "It takes away time from my studying." She nodded and started making calls and I started making decisions.

I will not have boyfriends.

I will not have friends.

I will not be noticed.