Hot Spring Havoc, part 2

Diary of an Invisible Girl

Song of the Chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYqSDJoLZF8

HongKi's POV

We were walking down the road, still connected, still hand in hand. My anger subsided and I enjoyed the refreshing salty breeze on my face and the warm hand in mine. She was still in a daze, sorting her thoughts, I believe. It was perfectly ideal. I've dreamt about something like this. But every dream is short lived.

She removed her hand from mine and grabbed my arm instead, stopping and pulling me to face her, and pulling me from my dream. Her eyes held anger and confusion. She opened , as if to speak, but then she shut it, as if she forgot how. She took a few deep breaths through her nose and opened again. "Will you do me a favor?" I thought for a second and nodded. "Will you and YoSeob sto---" She was cut off by the horrid sounds of witches and their evil screech. "HONG-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! HOOOOOOOOOONG-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAANN!" She immediately released my arm before being pushed out of the way, losing her balance and falling backwards on her bum. She winced and let out a subtle yelp. I tried to reach out to her, but the force of the fangirls was far too powerful. They didn't even realize that she was there. Soon, there were so many fans in my way that I could no longer even see her. By the time that I was able to break through the mob, she was gone. My heart shattered and my anger had finally gotten the better of me.

MiSoo's POV

I drug my feet on the concrete and trudged to the hot springs, holding my now bleeding hands together to force pressure on them both. I whimpered at the pain and walked a bit faster, wanting to wash away the pain. I kept my head down and my hands close to my stomach as if someone was going to rip them from my arms. I only took small glances to see if I was going the right way. I was almost there. Only a little farther. That thought went through my mind as I neared the front gate. I was in tears as the overwhelming feelings of relief washed over me.

I walked to the room and my legs collapsed from under me onto my bed. In that same moment, Youhna came in, took one look at me, and ran over to me. "What happened?" She questioned. "Nothing, I just fell on the way back." "Did the date go alright?" I only looked down at my hands, keeping quiet. "I see... Well, let's go to the springs. Everyone else is at dinner, so it should be empty." She picked me up and we changed into robes before going to the healing waters.

Spa.jpg

We sat in the bath, soaking in the sweet aromas and warm, muscle-relaxing waters. We talked. I talked and talked and she talked back. I told her things only my family knew and what happened today. I felt relieved and light. Someone finally was there to talk to. We laughed and joked. We talked about the school drama and the teachers. I have never felt so free. This feeling was short lived once we heard a crackle in the forest. We both went silent and lowered our bodies in the water in case of peeping boys. We exchanged glances and slowly moved backwards towards some towels. A branch snapped and we looked around frantically. I let out a slight whimper as another rustle was heard. Suddenly a figure jumped over the rocks and into the water. Youhna and I both screamed as the figure approached us. I pulled the towel over my body and the next feeling surprised me. A wet tongue on my face. I opened my tightly squeezed eyes and looked at the intruder. Big brown eyes met my own and I connected them to the rest of the face. "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!" I quietly squealed. "Well, hi there." It barked happily and I pet it.

golden_retriever2.jpg

Youhna ran... er, swam over to me. She pet the dog and we both got out of the tub with the wet pup wagging along after us. It shook all of the excess water off of itself and trotted beside us, after we put our robes on. One of the workers walked up to us and we began getting nervous because of the uninvited and unexpected guest. "Oh, I see you ladies found Tobi, he's the spring's therapy dog. He goes around, interacting with the guests." She smiled and our tension faded. She began calling him away but before she could get too far, I called out, recklessly. "Can Tobi stay in our room tonight?" She turned and smiled. "Of course. He has to eat first, but tell me your room number and I'll deliver him to you." I nodded and told her the room number before we went back to our room, but not before grabbing a few snacks. We ate our snacks in the room when a knock rapped on the door. Expecting it to be the worker with Tobi, Youhna let out a quiet 'come in'. The door opened and Tobi ran in, laying in between us, thumping his tail on the floor. But the worker was not behind him, instead it was YoSeob-sshi and HongKi-sshi. We gasped as they closed the door behind them. Before we could say anything, they were both on the floor, bowing deeply. "We're sorry. Truly sorry." I was so confused at YoSeob's words and frantic at the scene in front of me. "P-please get up! Don't do that!" I said. They sat cross-legged, heads down. "Now what's going on." They both looked at Youhna and I followed their eyes. She gave me a sorry look and turned to face me. "I told them that you knew about their plan." I closed my eyes and let out a deep, strained sigh. "We both like you and that's why we thought this plan would work. We didn't even think about your feelings. Is there... Someone that you like?" YoSeob looked at me, big eyes while HongKi's lips pouted slightly. I tensed up and felt trapped in their stares. Save me Tobi!! As if on cue, Tobi sat up and my cheek. "Can I choose Tobi?" I asked quietly. HongKi leaned towards my face and mimicked Tobi's loving gesture. "No, but I'll be your Tobi." My face turned bright red, heat running through my body. YoSeob pulled HongKi away and glared at him before fixing his gaze upon me.

"MiSoo-sshi, I've liked you since you started going to our school. You were so quiet and peaceful. It's the life that I wish I could live. Being with you, I feel like I could achieve that quiet life and be absolutely happy. But I also know of your struggle, I know more about you than anyone else." I was confused, but that confusion disappeared once he pulled out my journal and pushed it towards me. I gasped and froze, tears b in my eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to read it. I just wanted to feel closer to you, but after one story... I just couldn't stop. Please forgive me." I was speechless. My entire life was in that book. He invaded that privacy, but I just couldn't hate him for that. "It's okay. I forgive you..." He looked shocked, but I just gave him a reassuring smile. I looked over at HongKi. He was looking down, a bit dumbfounded. After a few moments, he looked at me and took a deep breath.

"I'm not gentle, nor am I as sweet as YoSeob. But I am loving and I do pay attention. I can see all of the pain that is reflected in your eyes. I've suffered as well, so I know the look in your eyes. But I don't want to see you cry or depressed. I will do whatever I can to see your beautiful smile." Once again, I was speechless. "Okay guys, let her take some time to think about this. Okay?" They nodded and I watched them quietly leave the room. I held my journal close to my chest and tried organizing the thoughts in my head. Tobi nudged his nose against my cheek. I smiled slightly and pet the sweet dog.

"I'm sorry." Youhna whispered. I shook my head and placed my hand on hers. "You were thinking about me, thank you. now let's go to sleep. We're going home tomorrow, right?" She just nodded and we laid down, both falling asleep within a matter of minutes.