Bad day

Diary of an Invisible Girl

Song of the chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeXnkDXNPs

HongKi's POV

'Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap, what did I just do?' I paced around the living room of my small apartment. I know exactly what I did and it made me feel sick inside. I pushed myself on YoSeob's girl, the girl that we both like. AISH! Why did he have to like her? Why the hell do I have to like her? Her delicate figure and her heartbreakingly sweet voice both forced an overwhelmingly weak state on me. I kept strong and ignored her the best that I could, but even without looking at her, her soft smile played itself over and over in my head. She made me anxious and nervous, more so than any other girl on this planet. I had no idea that YoSeob was into her too. I had planned on ruining his date but once I saw who it was with, I unconciously took it a step too far. I let the jealousy control me and I think I hurt my best friend and the girl that makes me crazy...

MiSoo's POV

I hardly got any sleep last night. Too many things raced through my mind, keeping me awake. I was afraid to go to school today, but I knew omma wouldn't approve of me staying home. The strong, scary looks from my classmates intimidated me and the terrifying glare from YoSeob's ex-girlfriend scared me even more so. I was afraid of people, so the sudden amount of attention put an amount of stress on me.

The trip to school was unusually quiet and I felt slightly more uncomfortable than what I was used to. The school grounds were empty as they normally were. I went up to the room and sat in my seat. I was not in the mood to write so I just laid my head down and closed my eyes, slowly drifting to sleep.

I saw YoSeob-sshi standing in front of me, darkness surrounded him. Suddenly WooYoung walked into the spotlight and started whispering loudly in YoSeob-sshi's ear. 'I'll make a bet with you. I'll give you a good amount of money if you can make her fall in love with you.' Then Mr. Lee showed up on the other side of the YoSeob-sshi, whispering as well. 'She likes all types of men. She'll hook onto anyone, better watch out.' YoSeob-sshi's face turned sour as the two guys disappeared. But it wasn't the end, oh no. He became surrounded in girls, all in short, tight, y dresses. They created a mesh of taunting whispers. Talking into his ears, pointing at me, and snickering cockily. I wrapped my arms around my body, uncomfortably. I heard myself whimper and looked down, unable to look at the disgust that possibly touched his face. "MiSoo-ah..." He was suddenly right beside me. I saw his hand raise to my face, but before I could feel the warmth of his hand, he had disappeared along with all of the sickening girls.

I opened my eyes to see the sun shining through the window. I took a deep, lingering breath and stretched my arms, leaning back into my chair. I looked at my watch. School should be starting soon. I took a look around and a figure appeared out of the corner of my eye. I jumped out of my seat and took a closer look at the figure sitting in the seat next to mine. "H-hongKi-sshi?" His head was on the table, and his eyes were closed. I was afraid to be so close to him so I just stood in the corner of the room. He suddenly picked his head up, lazily spun it around in my direction and looked at me through his bangs.

"Don't worry. I won't do what I did yesterday. That was completely out of whim." I looked at him, scared. I shrunk into the corner and stared at him. He sighed, stood up and walked over to me. We stared at each other, neither of us daring to blink. He leaned in close, making it impossible for escape. "I'm only going to say this once..." he growled. "Don't let your head get too big from this, but I've liked you long before YoSeob did. I was just..... Nice enough not to attack you first. I'll try not to make that mistake again." He pushed himself away from me and walked out of the door.

My breathing had stopped and I sank to the floor. The bell for our first class rang and I quickly ran to my seat and hid my face behind a book. Not long after, people started flooding into the room. I kept my face hidden though I could feel the glares being shot mercilessly at me. I peeked through my book and saw every girl in class shooting looks in my direction. I looked over at YoSeob-sshi and he just shot me a sympathetic gaze. I was going to have to deal with this alone.

The whispers became louder and louder and I could hear when the girls said my name, followed by a slanderous 'tch'. I put my hands against my ears and closed my eyes tightly. 'Why? Why me?' Then I heard a chair move. "YAH! Shut up!!! You girls are annoying, I can't even sleep!" Gasps were heard throughout the room. I looked up to see HongKi-sshi standing in the front of the classroom, a half-asleep annoyed look on his face. Suddenly the girls bombarded him with 'I'm sorry Oppa!!!' and 'I'll buy you a special drink/meal during lunch, mianhe!' His annoyed face suddenly turned into a cheeky, happy one. "Okie dokie!!" He smiled and sat back down, beginning to flirt with all of the girls as if nothing had happened. Is this another trap? He's lying to me, isn't he?

Lunch arrived rather quickly and I decided to take my lunch to the empty art room at the end of the hallway. I looked around to make sure that it was empty. After about half a minute of complete silence, I shut the door behind me and found a nice corner to feast in. Sitting on the floor and opening my lunch, I inhaled the warm, savory scents. I filled my mouth with the delectable treats and looked around at all of the amazing pieces of art. One piece particularily caught my eye. I stood up and walked over to it. In front of me was a painting of a girl staring out into the streets of Seoul as she held a warm cup of coffee in her hands. It was beautiful, but something seemed rather familiar about it. I took another look the girl's features. After finally recognizing myself in the picture, I closed my eyes and sighed deeply.

As the deep exasperation escaped my lips, something wrapped around my waist, constricting it, making it difficult for me to gain another breath. My eyes shot open and I slowly turned my head to see light sandy brown hair. Whoever's head this was, they were trying to hide their face. "Do you like it? I thought that you look prettiest when you're at a cafe.." "YoSeo--" I started while turning to face him. His arms ceased all movements, cutting me off. "A-ani... I just don't have the confidence to look at you. I've caused you so much pain. Those girls... are they hurting you?" "No, they are just speaking meaningless words. Those don't affect me. Are you afraid that they'll physically bully me?" I just heard a weak 'mmmh', confirming my assumption.

In one swift movement, I turned to him and he tried to turn his head away from me. "YoSeob-sshi, please look at me." After a few seconds, his face turned and he looked sorrowfully at me. "I expected all of this when I agreed to go on a date with you. I wish that it didn't happen so sloppily, but what is there that we can do?" I awkwardly comforted him. It seemed to work because he smiled and hugged me tight. ''MiSoo-sshi, please... Be my girlfriend?" He said nervously. "Before I answer you, I think that I should tell you that HongKi-sshi confessed his feelings to me as well." YoSeob-sshi pulled away from me and looked at me to see if I was joking. Our stares were interrupted by a cocky voice. 

"See now, MiSoo, you weren't supposed to say anything. He is smart enough to figure it out." Our heads shot towards the door to see HongKi-sshi leaning against the entrance. "HongKi-ah, is she serious?" YoSeob-sshi furrowed his brow, following HongKi-sshi's figure as he lazily pushed himself off of the wall and walked to us. ''I'm pretty sure that this girl can't lie, so yeah, it's true.'' HongKi-sshi said to his friend. Yoseob-sshi looked frustrated as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Don't worry, I just informed her of this fact this morning, so don't think that she's always known." It started to irritate me that they just began their own conversation, forgetting that I, the subject of said discussion, was in their presence. I decided to take this chance to finish my lunch. They eventually turned to me as I was finishing the last of my rice, not really following along in the discussion. "MiSoo-sshi? Who would you like to date?" I froze at the sudden question as the guys stared at me intensly. I nearly choked on my rice, shocked by the sudden question. I chased the rice down with some tea. Letting out a slight cough, then standing up and looking between them. "I'm sorry, but I don't have the courage to date either of you." It seemed that the answer shocked them as both of their mouths dropped. "I just don't want to see your cherished friendship crumble because of me." I bowed and whispered out a sympathetic 'I'm really sorry...' before gathering my belongings and running out the door, back to my class.

What kind of day is this? Definitely not a good one.