The Almost Same

Pain, The Love of The Heart

It's 10' o clock on a Saturday night. You are on your bed studying. You had too much drama going on already in your life, and it's almost the middle year of school. Only now you realize, it means nothing. JungWoo, is just someone that passed in your mind, in your heart. Now, he's just someone that you used to know. You reminded about what Yuhwan says about JungWoo not mentioning you anymore. You thought that he feels the same how you used to feel about him. But you were wrong. You want to move on and just focus on studying. 

( phone vibrates ) 

" Come out for a while. Im at the playground near your house. " - JungWoo 

 

You were shocked that he suddenly appears. What more thrilling is, you feel that you have heard or read those words before but you dont remember where and when. You are mad for some reasons. He disappear for a while now, now he's back and ask me to see him in the middle of the night? 

 

" Are you serious? " - You

" Just come out " - JungWoo

 

" Wait a second.. " , you finally remember. " This is exactly what he said in that dream! ". You were structed. Your heart beat fast. Its like you're having a deja vu. You try to pinch yourself few times to make sure it wasnt another dream. But its reality, and he is waiting. " Just be cool Hani, go with the flow. " , you comfort yourself. 

 

You got out the house and walk to the playground. You saw him there. On a swing. With the exact same plain white shirt and a skinny black jeans like in that dream. Exactly the same, but this time he looks hotter. You comfront him. He roll his eyes to the other swing beside him telling you to sit on it. You go on and sit. 

 

Conversation: You - JungWoo 

 

Why do you want to see me ? 

I just need to clear something. 

Oookayy..

Hani ?

Hm?

Are you hurt?

What?

Are you hurt, by me ? 

What are you talking about ?

I will be completely honest tonight.

I dont like how this is going.. 

Im sorry 

Eh? For what?

For ignoring, not keep in touch and maybe.. hurt your feelings.

Oh.. You didn't hurt my feelings. 

These few days I wasnt even in town. Im just here the day that TaeWoon leaves. My family is having some company crisis. Im not really sure how it happened but its kinda like we're going on bankruptcy.. some of client run off, debts.. 

Im so sorry.. 

There is just one solution for this..

What is it ?

Arranged marriage. 

( you're in silence ) 

You remember Sheryl right? She finds out about the problem, she suggested her parents to cooperate with my parents, Some partnership thing. Her parents own the second largest company in town, they could help really us.

Well isnt that a good thing? 

Like I said. Arranged marriage. I suppose Sheryl ask her parents to tie me down with her. That's the condition for my parents to receive their help. 

You're getting married.. ? 

( he looks at you, he smiled. But a painful smile. ) 

That's the reason why Im off town. I want to clear my mind a bit. Maybe even try to figure out how to get out of this thing. 

Found a way ?

Nope. That's why im here. 

Because ..... ? 

Choi Hani, please be honest with me. 

Nae- ? 

Do you like me ? 

I .. 

Honest.

I did. 

Did? 

Look I dont want to put myself in a heartbreak situation. I like you, but with you disappearing I just thought that you dont feel the same way. 

I do, actually. 

The first time we met, I was so down that night. Then you came, you made that night better. I want to get to know you better but Im scared of what might happen to you if the school finds out. Im scared if you got hurt. So i figure a 3 days out of this town would be great time to know you. But then Sheryl came, telling me the big news of the marriage. I figure.. maybe we wont even work out. That time Im so stressed out. I thought I should just stop before I really fall for you but I want to make sure that you don't feel the same way i did. So i ..

You what? 

I use YuHwan skype account.. and ...

That was you?! 

I know its a childish thing to do but I couldnt ask you myself.. I dont even know if I could face you that time..

........moving on..

When you tell me what happen, I know you feel the same way. With that, my life just got more complicated. 

( JungWoo gets up from the swing and kneel infront of you ) 

I wanted to be with you but I can't. So I leave town for while but I still didnt get the answer. I figure, If i clear this thing out to you, I might feel better. 

( You caress his head ) 

I dont know what to say.. But, If we really can't be together.. then I have no choice either. It's up to you. Moving on is not going to be easy but, we'll get through this together..

You think I should agree on this marriage ?

It's the only thing that could save your family. For now, just go along JungWoo.. Let's just stay friends from now on.

( He looked down. ) 

You're okay with that? 

M-hmm

I gotta go if my parents knew Im out, Im screw. 

Yeah sure. I'll see you at school tomorrow. 

Bye.

Bye. 

 

You run to your house. Without you realising, tears fall down your cheecks. You feel like your heart are being ripped pieced by pieces. You can't do anything about it. It's not destined for you to be with JungWoo. Maybe if miracle exist, then you can be together with him. 

You reach home and run upstairs to your room. You plant your face on your pillow. Crying out load.