Let’s Just Forget Part 1

Operation: Wedding Sabotage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s Just Forget  Part 1

Dara

The party was uneventful. I still didn’t get the chance to talk to Ji Yong. It was difficult to try and talk to him in private. He and his fiancée are almost tied to the hip. They seriously won’t let go of each other. Now that I’m here I’m not even sure what I exactly want to happen.  Ji Yong looks happy maybe he has really moved on.

“Hey are you bored?” I heard Seung Hyun ask. He placed his arm on my shoulder. I instinctively leaned my head on his shoulder.

“Do you want to go and take a walk with me?”

“Yes, let’s do that,” I replied. He stood up and took my hand. We held hands as we walked out of the restaurant.

The pool side is gorgeous. If I was here for a vacation and not plotting to sabotage my best friend’s wedding the lovely view would probably be even more enchanting.

“You’re awfully quiet. What’s going on in your head?” Seung Hyun said.

“It’s nothing. I’m just admiring the view. I think it would have been nice if I could stay in a room by the beach. This place is just beautiful,” I replied.

“I agree this place is quite fancy,” he agreed. “But what’s really bothering you?” he pressed on.

We sat on an outdoor couch where we could view the seaside. I rubbed my shoulders after Seung Hyun let go of me and before I knew it Seung Hyun took his coat off and placed it on me to keep me warm.

“I don’t know what I’m doing here anymore. Ji yong looks so happy. I feel like I’m just being selfish by being here, by wanting to talk to him to tell him how I feel,” I said.

“There is nothing wrong with wanting to tell him how you feel,” he reassured me. “If he still has feelings for you then you’re stopping him from making the biggest mistake of his life. But if he doesn’t love you anymore then it wouldn’t be a problem he can just reject you.”

“You make it sound so easy,” I said jokingly.

“It’s that easy. If he still loves you then the sight of you and me together would have bothered him already.”

Seung Hyun was right of course.  Ji Yong doesn’t seem affected by me and Seung Hyun being together.

“How about you? Do you not want to try and convince Bom to get back together?” I asked him.

“I just want to know if she’s truly happy. That’s the only thing I want to know. And from the looks of things maybe I don’t even need to ask. She looks happy so it would be too cruel for me to try and mess things up if she’s genuinely happy.”

“So does that mean you’re going to stop me if I ever decide to confess my feelings to Ji Yong?" I asked him.

"We did make an agreement not to meddle with each other's business. But I know what I would do is probably make you change your mind," he declared. 

"And how do you intend to do that?" I challenged.

"It's simple I'll make you fall for me instead." And he swiftly captured my lips with his. It was a gentle an almost longing kind of kiss. When our lips parted I was rendered speechless. I felt like anything that will come out of my mouth would lack coherence. And as if my hands were on auto pilot I grabbed on to him and pulled him for another kiss. I am kissing Choi Seung Hyun. And it’s strangely the best feeling I’ve ever felt while kissing someone. It could have gone forever but we humans also need to breathe.

“Am I a good enough distraction,” he asked me smugly. “Before you know it you might be already falling in love with me.”

“Oh shut up!” But I couldn’t help but laugh. I grabbed on to his arm and leaned on him. He’s actually a very good distraction. But he’s Choi Seung Hyun it would be weird if I didn’t get distracted. He’s a Korean Hollywood actor. He’s very handsome and he’s oozing with appeal. He’s a walking poster boy of perfection. In my defense how can anyone not be distracted? In that moment I forgot about my plans of ruining Ji yong’s wedding. I forgot about wanting to talk to him about convincing him to love me again instead. But can I trust what I’m feeling right now? What if I’m really just distracted by the dazzling person I’m with? What if I’m in cloud nine now but I’ll fall miserably back to earth later. Why can’t life present me happiness in a silver platter? Why does everything in my life need to be a struggle? 

“What are you thinking? You’re awfully quiet,” he commented. Seung Hyun’s deep and soothing voice brought me back to reality.

“Let’s just enjoy ourselves. Let’s forget about everything. Go on a date with me tomorrow,” he suddenly asked me.

“You want to go out on a date with me?” I nervously asked.

“We’re here on a holiday anyway so why not use the free time wisely. The wedding is at the end of the week so we still have a lot of time to think things over. Spend time with me. I’ll make it worth your time,” he promised.

“What the heck. Sure let’s go out on a date tomorrow,” I agreed and maybe I am a little excited for tomorrow.

After strolling along the beach and gazing at the stars we decided to go back to the hotel. Seung Hyun walked me back to my room. He gave me a warm hug and kissed the top of my head before I reluctantly let go of him and went inside my room. As soon as I closed the door behind me I leaned on it composing myself. I could feel the fast beating my heart. Suddenly I feel even more confused. Is he still playing the role of a pretend boyfriend or is he being sincere? And what the hell am I doing? Why am I doing a really good job pretending to be his girl?

 

Seung Hyun

I don’t know what got into me but that moment I knew I had to kiss her. That moment just felt right. Was I just being too bold with my actions? Was I testing my limits? Maybe, but at that moment it felt like it was the right thing to do. If it would convince her to forget about him then I was willing to take a chance.

Dara is unchartered territories for me. She makes me do things and feel things that I wouldn’t on a normal circumstance. She’s like a drug that when you get exposed to her often you still can’t get enough. You’ll always be left wanting more.

When she kissed me back I knew that I might have a chance. That I can in some way change her mind. I have never felt this determined in my whole life. Not even during the time I flew back to Seoul to look for Bom. Dara may have already caught my attention back then maybe even before that. 

I don’t know why but now that I see her confused with her feelings I’m feeling a bit more competitive. I want to change her mind. I want her to choose me. I know that I just need to be given a chance then I can prove to her that she doesn’t need anyone else bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter