Chapter 5: Meeting the Family Part I

Operation: Wedding Sabotage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 5: Meeting the Family Part I

DARA

Why did he tell grandma that he’s my boyfriend? Andwe!!! Seung Hyun has no idea what he just did.

“Weh? Why did you have to tell her that? Are you out of your mind,” I blurted out. Ottoke?!

“No. I’m your pretend boyfriend, remember? We’re going to the wedding of your best friend and my ex as a couple so I’m just getting into character,” he replied to me nonchalantly.  “And is that how you repay me for saving your life,” he said with a cute pout on his face.

“Aigoo, don’t do that,” I said covering my face. How can a grown man make a cute face like that?

“Don’t tell me you’re already falling for my charms,” he suddenly said.

“Boh?!” I have to admit he’s very handsome but he’s also kind of full of himself.  

“I was just kidding,” he said. “But seriously I told your grandma that I was your boyfriend because she doesn’t seem to recognize me as an actor at all. It was kind of refreshing actually,” he admitted.

“My grandma isn’t really a fan of Korean TV or movies let alone international ones,” I told him. “But I suppose you are right. It would be like a rehearsal if we can convince my family we can definitely convince anybody.”

“I’m glad you’re seeing it my way. You will work for me as my stylist right but not until you’re better,” he said.

“Yah, I will. Thanks by the way for looking after me,” I muttered.

“Well, I couldn’t just abandon you and besides, I’m a good boyfriend even if it’s just make-believe,” he said and a genuine smile showed on his face. He is such a handsome guy matched with that deep y voice. Any girl would kill to be in my position.

It made me curious why he and his ex broke up. He is definitely a good catch. But I put my curiosity to rest for now.

“The doctor said it wasn’t the food from the plane that got you. Did you eat anything prior to that,” he asked me.

I started thinking real hard then I realized I ate a sandwich handed by one of the female staff in the shoot just before I left. I told Seung Hyune about it.

“You shouldn’t have eaten that. I had reports about some foreign saesang fans attacking female co-actors in the past. I’m not surprised if they did that to you to,” he said

“Why? I’m just a stylist and I was under the impression that the people in the set were actually legitimate staff members. Who would have thought your obsessed fans would sneak up and try to kill me,” voicing it out like that kind of felt surreal. I’ve never been a target for anything. I don’t think highly of myself like that.  

“Don’t worry, from now on I’ll take care of you,” he said. Whether he said it as a joke or with sincerity somehow I was touched.  All my life it has always been me fending for myself. I have good friends and I appreciate everything they have done for me but it was the first time that anyone said they’ll take care of me or look after me.  My grandma and my aunt albeit their constant support they let me grow up to be independent. I’m thankful for that but someone voicing out their concern for me was quite refreshing.

“It’s not like I need to be protected. I maybe small but I’m one tough cookie,” I exclaimed but I could feel my cheeks burning. I bet I was as red as a tomato.

“Oh I know. I’m certain you can hold your ground but I want to take care of you just the same,” he said as he closed the distance between our faces. His face was dangerously close to mine our noses almost touching then he playfully ruffled my hair. He had that arrogant grin on his face. “It’s late you should rest. I’ll watch you till you fall asleep,” he offered as he sat next to my bed.

I did as I was told I lay down but I turned my back on him I am a hundred percent certain my face was still flushed. The idea that he was just right behind me made turning around to face him a bit too tempting. Then I heard him singing, no, humming a gentle tune. It was nice and I felt like I was being lulled to sleep. Before I knew it I was in dreamland.

I woke up feeling refreshed albeit probably only slept for 3 hours. It was still dark outside but what really got my attention was the fact that my back wasn’t Choi Seung Hyun in fact I’m staring straight at his sleeping face. His sleeping face was something to behold. He’s definitely something. How someone can look so beautiful while sleeping?  If the god Apollo were real he would probably be Choi Seung Hyun. His face is the manliest yet the most beautiful  I’ve seen all my life. His thick eyebrows, his beautiful nose that was neither too big nor too small. He looks so perfect up close and look at those lashes and his skin, how can a normal human being be shimmering in the dark? And those lips they look so kissable. He’s like a living work of art. I watched him quietly stopping myself every now and then from trying to touch his face.

Then suddenly he took my hand and placed on his cheek. His face is really smooth I wonder what products he’s using.

“You can touch my face. Feel free to familiarize yourself with my face,” he muttered sleepily his eyes still shut.

“I’m sorry did I disturb you,” I said apologetically.

“Nope not really I was dreaming that and angel was watching over me sleep and she wanted to touch my face so badly but was afraid she might wake me up if she did,” he said nonchalantly before smiling that glorious smile that you can only see in toothpaste commercials. “Good morning why are you up so early,” he asked.

“I just woke up I think I’ve had too much sleep. I’m actually feeling a lot better now. I guess I can start working for you today,” I said for a lack of better things to say. Needless to say I was quite embarrassed being caught staring at him.  

“No you should rest even if the doctor allows you to be discharged today you should stay home and rest. Do you want me to buy you something for breakfast? The doctor said you can eat normal food right away,” he said.

“Its fine I’m not hungry,” I lied and as if on cue my stomach started to grumble loudly.

“Yup, your hungry all right, oh wait your grandma said she brought porridge. I’ll just go and heat it up for you,” he said.

“Uh do you know how to use the microwave,” I asked.

“Are you kidding me I can be the next Korean celebrity master chef,” he boasted before leaving me in the room.

I couldn’t help but smile. He has this adorable side to him as well.

Seung Hyun

I wasn’t lying when I told Dara I can be the next celebrity master chef. I was a big kid when I was growing up because I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter