Chapter 7: TV appearances and unexpected meeting

Operation: Wedding Sabotage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7: TV appearances and unexpected meeting

DARA

Seung Hyun came out after he put on the clothes I prepared for him he looked dapper as always. I decided to do his hair and make-up myself I could not have been anymore prouder of myself, I made him wear a pink coat and he still look amazingly hot. Just as I thought I’m a real genius. I was surprised when he told me that I should take care of his whole look. I mean it has been a while since I did hair and make-up myself but since he’s a guy and a good looking one at that it wasn’t really a difficult task.

And so I stand next to Seungri as we watch the recording of his TV guesting. My ears perked up as the host complemented Seung Hyuns fresh look and I could see that even Mr. Hallyu star eased up after hearing the complement I know I may have pushed him to the edge when I asked him to wear the pink coat but he looks good wearing it and I’m so proud of myself from kicking him out of his comfort zone. Oh just wait for his magazine photos to come out you’ll be amazed by my beautiful style concepts and creations.

I saw him looking at our direction and I instinctively waved at him. He returned the gesture with a brilliant smile that could melt the heart of any woman. I didn’t want to seem self-conscious so I gave him two thumbs up. 

Choi Seung hyun I have to admit is over flowing with charisma. He can probably get any woman he wants so I became curious all of a sudden. Park Bom, what could she be like? She used to date a really gorgeous actor and now he’s about to marry Jiyongie after being with him for a short period of time. She must be very pretty.

I was snapped back to reality by the devil himself his face was suddenly in very close proximity to mine.

“Yah! michyeosseo,” I hissed as pushed him back I felt my face getting hot as if blood started rushing up my head.

“Kyeopta ,” he said as he pinched my cheeks. “You’re as red as a tomato. Why were you spacing out,” he inquired.

“I’m just a little tired that’s all,” I replied. I have no intentions of divulging whatever I was thinking then. It would have been embarrassing if he found out.

“Let’s go home then. We’ll just order something to eat on the way. Everyone’s been greeting me and complementing me for the new look. Should I keep you as my stylist even after all these scheming is over,” he commented.

Needless to say I was flattered by what he said but  could that even be possible. If we successfully break up the wedding, will we be able to go back to our normal lives again. I shoved the thought at the back of my mind.

“You’re quiet again. You must really be tired. We should head to the car. Let’s have Seungri bring in the clothes. I’m sure he can get another staff to help him,” he said before he placed an arm on my shoulder and ushered me out.

I’m very touched by his gesture and having him close is just a tad bit comforting,

“Park Sandara,” I heard someone call out my name. I turned around and saw Lee Min Ho the actor behind us. I was startled of course since I don’t even know the guy.

“Err were you calling me,” I asked politely. I feel like a hallyu star magnet all of a sudden any other day I would have welcomed the attention but I’m kind of preoccupied with so many things at the moment.

“It’s me your classmate in high school,” he said.

“I don’t remember having a popular actor as a classmate in high school. The only Lee Min Ho I know..” I was going to say more but he cut me off. I also realized Seung Hyun had already let go of me and was just standing next to me.

“A tall boy with ridiculous hair, with almost goggle like glasses and a mouth full of braces,” he finished.

“Uhmmm yah I was to say something around those lines. You mean,” blurted out. Holy crap the geeky Lee Min Ho from high school is one of Korea’s well-loved actors.

“I took your advice, I didn’t let my insecurities get to me. I got contacts and eventually Lasik’s eye surgery as you suggested, changed my hair and once my braces were taken off. Everyone just noticed me. If you hadn’t taken a chance in making me one of your models back then in high school I don’t think I would become the actor that I am now,” he recounted.

 

FLASHBACK

It was from long ago but I remember I didn’t have enough models from my fashion show project in school so I can get more credit for the fashion school I wanted to attend to. Lee Min Ho was a guy that nobody paid attention to just because he has those bottle eye glasses, mushroom hair and his mouth was stuffed with braces.

One of my models couldn’t come to the show and I was looking for someone to replace him when I saw Min Ho drenched with water while standing by the back stage of the auditorium.   

“Uhm hey there,” I greeted him. He looked up at me without his glasses on because he was trying to wipe it dry.

“I’m sorry who are you? I can’t really see properly with my glasses off,” he said.

He run his fingers through his hair and for some reason to me it was a big transformation. His slick hair and without those hideous goggles on he actually look very attractive. Oh but he needs to keep his mouth close too.

“You’re drenched,” I pointed out the obvious.

“Well this happens to me every so often I kind of got used to it,” he replied.

“Why? I know we don’t talk often in class but I know you’re a pretty smart guy. I don’t think you should let anyone do this to you,” I remarked. I kind of feel guilty too I never really paid much attention to my classmates’ behaviors at all and I let something like this happen to a fellow student. And a brilliant idea struck me. “I know this is kind of last minute but would you like to model for my show. One of them bailed out and I think you’ll be perfect,” I asked.

“Are you trying to make fun of me,” he asked sounding a bit hurt.

“No I’m not. Why would I even think of making fun of you at all,” I reasoned. I went to him and took his glasses from his hands. “You have beautiful eyes and with your hair down like that I think you can pass as a model.  Just don’t smile too much. Try a stern look for a change. Uhm I also think you need a set of dry clothes to wear and I have really fashionable pieces ready for you to wear all you need is to walk down the run way for me. You’ll be my last model,” I reassured him.

“I can barely see anything with my glasses off,” he argued. But I was happy that he didn’t seem to refuse.

“I’ll lend you, my contact lenses I stopped using them but I still have a habit of bringing it with me along with the solution.

He finally nodded in agreement.

So that night the Geeky Lee Min Ho was transformed into a hot model and in the final run way walk because I was so happy with the result of the fashion show I even kissed him on the cheek when we went to the backstage.

END OF FLASHBACK

“So do you remember me now,” he asked me.

“Oh my god yes. I remember you. Who would have thought,” I replied and before I knew it he hugged me.  

“Uhm I hate to break this little reunion but I’d appreciate it if you let go of my girlfriend,” said a seemingly annoyed Choi Seung Hyun.

“Oh I’m sorry. I was just so happy to see Dara again. You’re a very lucky man. She’s such a beautiful person both inside and out,” Lee Min Ho commented.

That was the nicest thing I’ve heard anyone say about me.

“Yes she is,” I heard Seung Hyun agree with him.

“I heard you just finished your new movie. I’m a big fan. I’m excited to see it,” Min Ho said as he extended his hand to Seung Hyun.

“Please do watch it. I heard you’ll also be doing movies in Hollywood soon,” Seung Hyun said as he shook hands with the other hallyu star who turned out to be an old classmate.

“Hopefully but I also hope to work with a Top actor like you. It would be an honor,” he said.

I wanted to tell Min Ho that I’d like for him to model for me again and get his number but having Seung Hyun around kind of made it rather difficult or rather awkward.

“I hope we can bump into each other again,” Min Ho said before leaving. I just smiled and waved back at him.

We were on our way out when I tried to get my phone out of my pocket and noticed there was a business card in there too. It was the business card of Lee Min Ho’s manager or at least it might be and at the back he had written his name and personal number. I guess I can ask him to model for me after all. I immediately saved the number on my phone.  We finally got to the car and while we were waiting for Seungri to bring the clothes I was already thinking of designs that would look good on Min Ho. He’s definitely x10 upgraded version of himself now as compared to when he first modeled for me.

“Why are you smiling to yourself like a crazy person,” Tabi remarked and it pulled me out of my fashion show fantasy.

“I wasn’t. It’s just nice to meet an old friend,” I told him. Well we weren’t that close but it’s actually nice to find out that you had a positive impact in someone’s life is just so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter