Chapter 6: A Surprise Modeling Gig

Operation: Wedding Sabotage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chapter 6: A surprise modeling gig

DARA

After staying at my grandma’s home for a day to rest I had to move to a hotel pent house the same night. I was anticipating a sleepless night but I must have been really tired because as soon as I lay on the bed I was sound asleep. And because of that I am also able to get up early to prepare for my celebrity stylist gig thanks to my pseudo boyfriend, Choi Seung Hyun. I’m actually staying with him now since he said it would be better that way we will get to know each other better if we spent the rest of the week together before going to Jeju.  Well don’t get your erted minds running wild and giddy we have separate rooms of course. This is as Seung Hyun puts it, a getting to know each other crash course.

Of course I didn’t tell my halmeoni who I was staying in the hotel with. I just told her it would be a waste to cancel my arrangements since it’s already been paid for. The idea of her finding out is just a scary thought because I can guarantee that she would flip at the idea of me staying under one roof with a guy let alone someone I introduced to her as my boyfriend. It would have serious repercussions and I would be in a whole deeper mess. I will probably be planning to sabotage my own wedding if that happens. Oh if only she knew my roommate in New York is a guy but then again Heehee-unni is female at heart. In most instances he can even beat me at screaming like a girl. And when I dress him up with my projects he could almost pass as a real lady.

So I’m finally starting with this stylist gig. I got the list of the usual stores where Seung Hyun gets his clothes from. Seung Ri was to accompany me today and after shopping we will go back to the hotel to meet Seung Hyun for late lunch then we can rest for a bit. The rest of his appointments were scheduled after 4 in the afternoon.

“Uhm Dara-noona, hyung told me to hand this to you. He said you should fill up everything on the questionnaire and then you will trade answer sheets when we meet him later,” Seungri told me as he handed me three sheets of paper with questions that I apparently have to answer.

“Thanks Seungri-shi. I also want to thank you for helping me when I was hospitalized,” I said to him.

“Just doing my job Dara-noona. Hyung was the one who was with you the whole time. He even swapped jackets with me so I can create a diversion while he snuck you out from the back of the airport. It was like filming mission impossible or james bond,” the young road manager recounted.          

I smiled as I listened to his story and his expression was of a kid who just visited a theme park for the first time. . He was quite the enthusiastic chap.

“And noona the other paper included is the usual style hyung goes for most of the time so you can use it as guide,” he reminded me.

  When I read the list and saw all the monochromatic items listed there, my mind went on over drive. “Let’s just try to be a little more adventurous this time.  You don’t mind going to some other stores other than the ones on the list.

Seung Ri initially looked uneasy but I flashed him my best smile for a second I thought I saw him blush but I was really just relieved that he agreed. So we went to Shinsegae to do some shopping. Although I approve of Seung Hyun’s classic style I think a good looking guy like him would benefit if I improved his style up a notch.  So we did go to the usual Armani store, a got a bit of Ralph Lauren. I scanned through and got some accessories in the Chrome Hearts kiosk before I decided visit my friends from fashion school days who are now working in fashion houses in the Cheongdam-dong and Apgujeong-dong area for some unique fashion pieces.

And my last stop of course is the boutique where CL works as stylist. It’s not hard to spot it was a white marble building and it was screaming posh and expensive. Truth be told it kind of reminds me of Gringgots. Shoot me I’m a Harry Potter fan back in the day.

“I’m worried about the new stuff that you got. Hyung don’t usually wear those kinds of color although I think they’re cool and I would do anything to wear clothes like that I’m not sure if hyung will approve,” Seungri commented.

“Oh he will approve. He doesn’t have any choice. This is where my other stylist friend works. I’m sure we can get a lot of one of kind pieces here,” I said before I got out of the vehicle. Seung Ri of course followed me.

I have to meet Chaerin it’s technically my third day in Korea and I haven’t spoken to her yet. I bet my bestie will be surprised out of her wits when she sees me. So we went inside and the place was screaming fashion forward but in a very classy and sophisticated way.

We were greeted by the receptionist. “Good morning do you have an appointed with any of our stylists for a consultation,” she asked.

“I’m actually here to see Ms. Lee Chaerin please tell her it’s Sandara Park” I replied. The girl politely bowed and ushered us to the waiting area and left probably to fetch Chaerin . I sat on the black leather seat that I am a hundred percent sure is authentic.

“Dara-noona this place looks really high class. I mean I can see on the display some of the things hyung may actually buy,” Seung ri commented.

“Of course I have to get my main pieces here. This place carries a lot of high end designer brands and my dongseng works here,” I said.

“You have a sibling? I thought you were an only child,” Seung ri voiced out.

“Well, she’s a couple of years younger than me so I call her that. She’s my bestfriend,” I explained.

“Ommo, unni! Why didn’t you call me? I didn’t know you’re already here. You should have told me I could have picked you up in the airport,” Chaerin said as soon as she saw me. She immediately ran up to me and hugged me. “You look a little pale are you sick,” she asked.

“Well, it’s a long story but I’m here for work. I need to get some pieces from your shop for my client. I need a weeks’ worth of outfits for a very popular actor,” I said.

Chaerin gave me a puzzled look. She was probably wondering why I was saying I was there for work when I should be working stopping Ji yong’s wedding.

“I’ll tell you all about it but you have to help me first. I know you’re boutique has the best line of current season collections from the best designers both from here and abroad,” I said trying to distract her because I can see she is very curious. 

“Alright unni but could you please tell your friend to close his mouth and stop staring at me,” she retorted and followed where she was looking and I laughed at Seung Ri’s face. Oh everyday gets more interesting.

I literally had to push up Seung Ri’s chin to close his mouth. This also pulled him back to reality.

“Dara-noona I didn’t know that you’re friend is really beautiful,” he commented looking hopefully at my best friend.

“Oh I failed to introduce you to each other. This is my best friend Lee Chaerin she’s a stylist like me but she’s also a very good make up artist,” I explained to him I wonder though if any of the words I said registered because he was still gawking at my friend.

“And Chae this is Lee Seung Ri he’s Choi Seung Hyun’s road manager,” I said.

“Are you telling me that you’re doing Choi Seung hyun,”she exclaimed. “What I mean is you’re styling him,” she corrected.

“I know what you mean,” I said but it was obvious even to me that I was flustered by her initial comment. “I told you it’s a long story but we’ll get to that later on for now can you show me that new male fashion collection you have so I can pick the clothes I need.”

She sudden gave me that look that meant she’s got something up her sleeve and I should braise myself.

“Sure Unni, but can I also ask a favor this should only take a few hours since it’s still early. You know how we used to model for each other’s look books and we also include Ji Yong-oppa in our projects, well, I’m updating my look book and my main female model called in sick today.  I really need to have it updated so can you please model for me,” Chae suddenly asked.

“I’m flattered Chae but I haven’t done that in a long while. You know I’m not really cut out to be a model,” I said.

“What are you saying? Look at how you’re carrying your outfit so well? You of all people should be aware of how naturally gorgeous you are and that you look awesome in just about anything. Please unni ,” she begged and  hugged me from behind which she habitually did when we were younger when she tries to convince me to do her a favor.

“Uhm, Dara-noona I think you should do it to,” Seung Ri butted in. I thought he would talk me out of it but he was encouraging me to do it. Yah! It must be because of Chaerin-ah. The brat is obviously crushing on her.

“See even Choi Seung Hyun’s assistant agrees,” she pointed out.

“I’m a road manager not an assistant,” Seung Ri corrected.

“It’s the same thing to me.” Chaerin retorted then directed her attention back to me again. “Please unni.”

“Arasso but we have to do it quick so I can start fitting Seung Hyun-shi after lunch,” I agreed.

I noticed that Seung Ri seemed to be pissed by Chae’s comment but I didn’t have time to deal with their petty quarrel. “Seung Ri-shi can you go to the hotel and pick up Seung Hyun so we can do the fitting here. Just make sure to be here by 2 pm you guys can go and have lunch before that just make sure you’ll be here on time,” I directed.

“But hyung already planned everything,” Seung Ri tried to reasoned.

“Tell him that I’ve changed the plans and I want to make sure that he’s satisfied with my work and to make that happen he needs to just follow my lead,” I asserted.  He just scratched the back of his head and it was obvious that he was worried he would get yelled at “Don’t worry I’ve got your back covered,” I assured him.

Seung Ri finally left and Chaerin and I had to start with picking clothes for Seung Hyun and  helping Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter