Chapter 8: Just Terribly Awkward

Operation: Wedding Sabotage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: Just Terribly Awkward

Dara

I’m in a pretty bad mood and I’m not really sure why? There she is right across the table. The girl that Jiyongie is about to marry. The ex-girlfriend of Choi Seung Hyun but she was believably acting as if it’s the first time they met. I’m not really sure what I am upset about more the fact that she’s marrying Jiyongie or that she’s pretending not to know Seung Hyun. And why is she smiling at me as if I’m the cutest thing she’s ever seen. Do I look like a pet animal or something? I’m wondering how long I can hold the fake smile on my face.

“You’re right Jiyong she’s very pretty,” the Bom girl said. And of course that bastard Jiyongie was smiling like an idiot while gazing at her.

Fine I admit she’s taller than me and has a very gorgeous body not to mention she looks stunning. She’s just too pretty, too perfect it’s very annoying. I’ve heard about her being in the fashion industry myself but I have not worked with her before. She’s not like Soo Joo who’s another super model. Park Bom has curves in all the right places. If she’s not marrying Jiyongie I would definitely book her to model for me.

“I guess you were surprised to see us. We will only be here till tomorrow.  When I heard Chaerin was meeting you tonight I had to come and see you,” Jiyong said excitedly.” My three favorite girls in one room well that is if Chae arrives soon I guess she still has the 30 minutes late habit,” he added.

“You should have anticipated that and had given her an earlier schedule,” I commented. It was typical of Chae to be fashionably late.

“You’re right but it’s nice to find people who never change even if a long time passes,” Jiyong said. I wonder if he meant anything more to that statement.

“As they say change is the only constant thing in life. You can’t expect things to be like the way they were after many years have passed,” Seung Hyun nonchalantly stated.

“True,” Jiyong agreed. “I still can’t believe it our Dara is dating the Hollywood actor Choi Seung Hyun but then again you’ve been a magnet of good looking and future celebrity school mates back in the day. Remember Min Ho the geeky dude in high school it turns out he’s the same guy as the popular actor Lee Min Ho,” Jiyong recounted.

“Now that you mentioned it we actually met him yesterday. He’s really come along way,” I admitted.

“I actually invited him for the wedding. I was sure when I asked Chaerin she said you’re not dating anyone and I think he’s still carrying a torch for you. I would have set you up with him but since you’re obviously dating and another celebrity none the less I guess he can just pick from one of Bom’s model friends,” he joked.

“I think it would have been a hard task to woe Dara. I remember I had to follow her around for weeks before she agreed to go out for dinner,” Seung Hyun said then placed his arm on my shoulder and pulled me close to him.  Was he trying to make Bom jealous? I guess Choi Seung Hyun is not wasting anytime. At least one of us knew what they’re doing. Seung Hyun and Bom were exes after all of course they can make each other jealous. Jiyong and I are friends and he’s obviously not affected by the display of skinship  Seung Hyun is doing to me. The evil dragon was even considering setting me up with Lee Min Ho if I came to his wedding dateless just made me realize that maybe this is a futile attempt to win him over.

As if on cue Chaerin arrived and she was with Lee So Hyuk. I didn’t know they were dating.  I stood up and greeted Chaerin with a hug. It has been a long time since I last saw So Hyuk. He’s also a previous school mate he was in the same class as Chaerin and he also holds the record of the shortest relationship I have ever had, we dated for seven effin’ days. Yes I had a week long relationship with him but we eventually broke up because we were better off as friends. I also convinced him to pursue modeling because he’s too hot to be left unknown without the rest of the fashion world to see.

“It’s so nice to see you princess,” So Hyuk said as he gave me a hug and of course I hugged him back.

“I didn’t know you guys are dating. I’m so happy,” I exclaimed. I’ve always known that Chaerin had a crush on him even back then, one of the reasons why I opted to ditch the guy. I think they are just so perfect together.

“That’s why you’re title was demoted to princess. He already found his queen,” Chae said confidently. I just love her to bits. I think she and So Hyuk would make a really lovely couple.

“Oh this is Choi Seung Hyun my boyfriend,” that statement suddenly rolled out of my mouth. Tabi stood up and shook hands with So Hyuk. They’re both popular celebrities so they obviously know each other.

The new arrivals also greeted Bom and Jiyong. And it looks to me like they have been hanging out together more frequently than I wanted.

 We were halfway through our dinner when Bom suddenly threw a question that I dreaded to hear. “So where did you guys meet?”

“Airplane.” “photo shoot location” Seung Hyun and I said simultaneously.

“Well I first saw her on the same flight we were on for a location shoot but she didn’t notice me while I was all mesmerized by her.  And when I realized we’re at the same shoot and she is the stylist I couldn’t help but want to get to know her. After the shoot I had to go back to LA and she went back to New York but I did everything I can to win her heart. I sent her gifts anonymously and when I finally got some time off I went to see her in New York. Took me a couple of weeks to win her over,” he said. His fabricated story was truly nice to hear if only it were true. And it was long and how was I to memorize and recount all that if anyone asked.  So I just smiled and looked at him not hiding my amusement. All was well when I was suddenly caught off guard when Choi Seung Hyun gave me a chaste kiss on the lips. My normal reaction I would have been to slap him real hard or hit him on the head with the first thing I got my hands on but I didn’t do any of those things. I froze at the sensation of his soft lips as it gently pressed on mine and my body felt that slight jolt of electricity run through it. And I feel my face feeling hot all of a sudden. What is Choi Seung Hyun doing to me?

“Unni, you’re blushing. I’ve never seen you blush like that before,” CL commented.

“Our Dara is really in love,” Ji yong exclaimed and from the look on his face he looked very pleased. For someone who told me that I was the only girl for him before I left for New York. How can he be happy with my reaction or this whole scenario for that matter?

“Oh you two look so cute together,” Bom said and snuggled closer to Jiyong.

And I did my best to not look at the gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter