Chapter 2: A Chance Encounter

Operation: Wedding Sabotage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2: A Chance Encounter

SEUNG HYUN

“Which part of cancel my entire schedule do you not understand?” I hissed. Things are getting even more frustrating my company allowed me to go back to Korea but I would to make appearances and TV guesting for a whole week.

“That’s the best I could do. I had to cancel a number of TV appearances here. Do you know how many times I had to bow today and I didn’t know that American’s didn’t bow down when they apologize or they don’t bow down, period,” Seung Ri explained to me.

“Arasso, I don’t have any other choice do I,” I asked.

“Please bear with it hyung. It will just be a week,” Seung Ri pleaded.

I took a deep breath and nodded. What choice do I have anyway?

I read through the list of activities. Most were TV guestings, magazine interviews and a couple of photo-shoots. I guess it would help me clear off my mind and think of a plan before I secretly fly to Jeju to get Bom back.

Why did I ever ask her to break up with me anyway? Then I realized she talked so much about settling down and getting married. And the idea is just close to impossible for me right now because I have a career and opportunities are just coming to me from everywhere.

I still don’t think that my decision was incorrect but I do miss Bom. I really do. Dating Hollywood actresses or supermodels seem like they were all for show. I was popular the next big thing so they would obviously want to be with someone like me. None of them wanted a relationship and I thought that was okay. Then the fact that she was really gone hit me. I couldn’t reach her on her phone or see her in the usual places we go to. She just disappeared and I thought getting more projects would get my mind off things but it made me miss her more. How she would take care of me after a long day. How she would let me rest my head on her lap until I fall asleep. I was able to last two months fighting the urge to look for her but the part of me that wanted to see her so badly took over and I decided to look for her.

I looked around everywhere for her but I couldn’t find her. I had to ask Seung Ri to get a private investigator to look for her. And after a whole month of searching I finally got wind of where she is but I didn’t expect that she would move on so easily. I would have understood if she was just seeing someone else but for her to get married by the end of the month. What the hell is that about?

Here I am wasting away thinking about her day and night while she  just fell in love with someone else and is planning to marry whoever loser she met back in Korea.

I was both furious in worried. I was furious because I can’t believe she can throw away our almost two years together albeit we were just secretly dating our moments together were the happiest times for me especially since I moved abroad. I’m worried because I finally realize that it might be too late for me to win her back.

What was the purpose of all my success if I can’t share it with the girl I love? Yes, I may have realized too late. I love her. I really do and I want to win her back.

I arrived at the airport for my flight I was wearing my usual airport stealth fashion. I took a flight from Los Angeles to New York because I have to finish a quick photo shoot for a magazine cover.

I’ll be the cover for British magazine Dazed & Confused and because of schedule constraints I’m having my shoot done in New York instead of London. It would also be the first time I will be modeling for Givenchy. I’ve been wearing their clothes for quite some time so I was quite pleased when I was told that I will be wearing their clothes for the shoot. 

I have 6 hours allotted for the photo-shoot then I will be on my way back to Korea. My first week will be crazy with activities but after that I can fly to Jeju hopefully without the prying eyes of the press.

Everything would have gone smoothly if only the Givenchy team had arrived early. After waiting for 30 minutes they finally came. I didn’t want to cause further delays so I did not say anything. The team was composed of 4 people, 2 of which are fellow Koreans,  a guy that you can mistake for a girl and the other looked like she just got lost from a high school trip and somehow arrived in our location by mistake.

I was planning to ignore the complete lack of professionalism but there was more delay caused by the school girl looking stylist. I have to admit despite looking like a high schooler she is in fact kind of pretty. She has her brown hair in a loose bun and she’s got a nerdy dark rimmed glasses on which made her cute. It’s kind of dumb I know with me thinking that the cause of the delay of my own photo-shoot is cute. Apparently one of the luggage bags they brought with them was incorrect and they had to have an assistant bring in the correct one.

She bowed down multiple times apologizing for the delay. Apparently she and the girly guy are the stylists for the shoot. And the other two with them are the makeup artist and hair stylist. I let Seung Ri handle the situation but as if my patience was being tested another issue came up.

“I’m sorry but he will not wear those sleeve less shirts,” I heard Seung Ri protest. I went to them to see what they were arguing about

The school girl looking stylist was hanging the pieces that I will be modeling for the shoot. There were short sleeve shirts and even sleeve less ones. A few of the outfits had long sleeves and those were fine. What frustrated me is the fact that the school girl stylist was always checking her watch as if as soon as we are done she would be ready to bolt.  So I decided to annoy her a little bit.

“You have to do something a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter