Chapter 3: An Unlikely Alliance

Operation: Wedding Sabotage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3: An Unlikely Alliance

Seung Hyun

As soon as the shoot was over I looked around for the school girl stylist. She was nowhere to be found. The girly guy’s name is Kim Heechul by the way. I asked Seung Ri to ask where the high schooler stylist went and the girly Heechul was too happy to answer all my questions.

“Dara already left.  She has a flight to catch. But here are our business card. I took one from her just in case,” the girly guy said and handed me the cards.

Her name is Sandara Park. What an unusual Korean name but it’s quite pretty too. I would have asked some more questions but I’m running late for my flight. I put her business card in my pocket and tossed the other to Seung Ri.

We drove to the airport and just got there on time. I didn’t have any luggage because Seung Ri had already sent my things in advance. With just the clothes I’m wearing and only my passport and plane ticket on hand, and my wallet and mobile phone in my pocket I went inside the departure area.

Seung Ri was following me from behind carrying his own luggage.

“Hyung thanks for letting me fly business class with you,” my manager said. I could see the excitement in his face as we boarded the plane. “I did what you asked. I got a corner seat for you and no one will sit next to you. I on the other hand will just mingle with the other first class passengers,” he added.

“Do whatever you like just don’t cause any problems,” I told him.

As we were led to the business class area Seung Ri pointed out the seat he got for me and he pointed at the seat a few rows back where he was supposed to sit and someone caught my eye.  Someone with a loose bun of brown hair wearing black rimmed glassed. I went towards her direction and stood in front of  Seung Ri’s seat and abandoning my own private area. I heard my manager calling out to me but I ignored him.

“Would you mind changing seats with me I don’t like the aisle seat,” I asked as politely as I can. It’s really her, Sandara Park the high school girl looking stylist. She was looking through her bag when she suddenly looked up with a surprised look on her face.

“Omo! Choi Seung Hyun-shi, I didn’t expect to see you here,” she blurted.

“What a pleasant surprise isn’t it,” I said. “About my request, would you mind swapping seats with me? It’s a bit of a hassle when people see me and approach me when I’m in the aisle seat.

She muttered something I could barely hear.

“What did you say,” I asked.

“Nothing, I said sure, be my guest. I mean so what if I’m already comfortable in my seat. Take it, it’s yours,” she unceremoniously stood up and got out of her seat.

“Hyung.” I could see Seung Ri approaching and I glared at him and motioned him to take my seat.

“Are you going to take the window seat or are we going to stand here until the plane takes off,” Sandara Park asked or should I say hissed at me.

I went and took the seat by the window and she had no choice but to sit next to me.

“Is that why you were in a hurry? You’re trying to catch this flight. Had I known that you were also going to the airport I would have offered you a ride,” I said.

“Thanks for the thought but its fine I got here on time just fine,” she said.

We settled on our seats and the cabin crews were checking if we were all seated before the captain announced our take off. She ate a piece of gum and offered one to me. I accepted it gratefully since I forgot to buy some and I hate it when my ear pops because of the air pressure.

I glanced at my side where Sandara was looking at a picture of herself with a guy in her tab. It must have been a picture taken a long time ago because they look quite young.

“Namja Chingu,” I asked her. I wasn’t confident if she would answer.

“He’s my best friend. I’m actually going back to Korea to stop his marriage… I mean to attend his wedding,” she muttered.

I chuckled. What a coincidence we’re going back to Korea with the same goal in mind.

“Wow, I’m going home to do the same to,” I said.

“What are going to stop someone from getting married to,” she asked absent mindedly.

“That’s about right,” I said confidently.

“I thought you were dating some Hollywood actress,” she muttered.

I couldn’t help but laugh at her reaction. She is just like a little girl excited to see the world.

She pouted all of a sudden and started tapping her forehead as if thinking real hard.

“You’re not going to Jeju by any chance,” she suddenly asked a puzzled look was dawning in her face.

“Good guess. How did you know,” I asked her.

“This girl you want to stop from getting married is she a model by any chance,” she further interrogated. I don’t know what she is leading to but I have a feeling I will soon find out.

“Chamkkanmanyo could it be that the guy that you want to stop from getting married a record producer,” I asked.

“Deh, ommo, you’re the super model Park Bom’s ex-boyfriend,” she blurted out.

I covered and motioned her to keep quiet.

“And the best friend that you’re in love with doesn’t happen to be Kwon Ji Yong aka GDragon the young up and coming record producer,” I asked and she nodded since I haven’t released her from my hold.  I gently let her go. “I’m sorry about that.”

The first thing that came out of was “Daebak!”

 

 

 

DARA

I couldn’t believe my luck. Choi Seung Hyun is Park Bom’s ex-boyfriend. That means I may actually have a chance to separate her from Ji Yong. He’s probably going back to Korea to do as he said to prevent the wedding from happening. I found an ally out of nowhere and of the strangest encounter. I wasn’t even serious when I asked him those questions they were just nonsensical ramblings but it led me to this goldmine of a revelation.

“Sandara-shi gwenchana,” he asked me. I was probably stunned with my mouth open for a few seconds.

“You know what this means right,” I exclaimed. “We can actually do this. We can break them up. We can help each other in preventing this wedding from ever happening,” I added.

“What exactly are you suggesting,” he asked me. But I could see in his face that he was interested to hear my plan.

“Let’s team up. It’s a hard feat doing it alone but if we attack together it would probably work,” I explained. I wasn’t really sure how to make it work but I always believed that two heads are better than one.

“Sounds plausible, the two of us working together to attain one goal not a bad idea but how do you propose we go through with it,” he asked.

I paused and think real hard for a moment. “I have an invite to the wedding and you,” I asked him.

“Of course I’m not. I’m an ex-boyfriend and from how we broke up three months ago I doubt it if inviting me even crossed Bommie’s mind,” he replied.

“That’s a bit of a problem,” I said my ultimate chance was clearly washing away in front of me.

“Unless,” he suddenly said. A mischievous smile was showing on his face. For some reason I’m not really sure if I wanted to know what he would suggest anymore.

“Let’s pretend to be a couple. I’ll be your date for the wedding,” he exclaimed.

“Boh,” I incredulously asked.

“Think about it. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone. I get to be invited to the wedding because of you and we can pretend to be a couple and make your best friend and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter