The Leader

Quaerimus veritatem [Hiatus]

Yongguk, Zelo, Jongup, and Daehyun sat around a table in Daehyun’s tavern. The latter had given them all something to drink (not alcohol, mind you) and now they waited for Zelo to speak up.

The maknae took a sip of his drink and started. “The first thing you should know is our group name. We are called Quaerimus Veritatem, which is Latin for ‘we want to know the truth’, or ‘we seek the truth’. It is a long name, however, therefore we are Veritas, truth, for short.”

“Is it just you three in the group?” Yongguk asked.

The members exchanged glances. “No. There are two others, but don’t ask us who they are. You will meet them eventually,” Jongup answered. “I assume you’re curious about our powers, and it is of no use to keep them from you. I can teleport.”

“It’s really useful because Zelo here lives outside this city. The rest of us live in the city, but Jongup lives on the outskirts, so his power is very handy in these situations. And generally when someone or something has to go to someplace quickly. The only problem is that Jongup can only teleport to places he has already been to. He traveled a lot when he was younger, so it’s not that much of a big deal, but still.” Daehyun smiled at the overwhelmed Yongguk. “My power is invisibility. I think you can guess what that is useful for.”

“As you saw before, I can slow down time.” The three older men turned to look at Zelo. “I can decide who is affected by it, so that if we are in a fight, our enemies get stuck in slow motion, but we can move freely and quickly.”

“The whole point of this group of ours is to rebel against the current king of our country. I assume that Zelo didn’t tell you where exactly we are, am I right?” Yongguk shook his head at Jongup’s question. The younger of the two turned to Zelo. “Tell him.”

“We’re in… I guess you could call it another world. A world that is only enterable through the Moon Doors. Yes, there’s more than one, but that’s not really my point at the moment. Our world is called Isreínum. You might wonder why we speak your language, but that is simply because the Moon Doors are all located in Korea.”

“And what is wrong with the king? Why do you want to rebel?” Yongguk inquired. He was very interested in what Zelo had to say. It was the longest the maknae had ever talked.

“See, there’s the problem. We don’t know exactly what is going on, all we know is that he isn’t who everyone thinks he is and he got into some… illegal business. However, we have no idea what it actually is.” Zelo sighed. “Once we find out with which underground organization he works with, it’ll be much easier to take them out and get him off the throne.”

Yongguk tried taking all this information in. It was pretty shocking that the seemingly innocent boy spoke of revolution and possible assassination this calmly. “The night when Jongup came to visit you… you said something about a power you sensed in me. Were you just joking around or–”

“Why would we joke about these things?” Jongup snapped. “I don’t think you realize how important this all is and how dangerous it is that you overheard our conversation.”

“I was just curious, that’s all. Don’t answer me if you don’t want to.”

“Not everyone can do it. Enter our world, I mean. It’s surprising that you even found the Moon Door.” This time it was Daehyun who spoke. He kept his gaze away from Jongup’s piercing eyes and continued. “What Zelo said was that he thinks you might have a relation to our world of some sort, because otherwise you could only enter if someone brought you here, be it kidnapped or invited. It’s not like we know exactly what kind of power you have, or if you even have a power. All we know is that you’re not… normal – whatever that means.”

Everyone flinched when the door opened. A blonde woman walked in with long steps. Her eyes shot dangerous glares at Yongguk. “Okay, who’s that guy?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Bang Yongguk,” Zelo replied. His voice was quieter than before. “I brought him to my house after he entered our world through the Moon Door in Tree of Life.” Yongguk slowly got sick of hearing that all the time.

“He’s a human?” The woman’s voice was aggressive.

“Yes. No… we’re still trying to figure that out. You know better than anyone else that most humans can’t enter our world like that.”

“He has to go.”

“CL, please!” Surprisingly, it was Jongup who said this. “Maybe he could be useful somehow once he figures out his power.” Yongguk couldn’t believe his ears or his eyes. Jongup stood up for him and… pouted.

CL closed her eyes and massaged her temple. “I can’t believe you guys. You know what I’ve been through, what Minzy has been through, yet you still…” She sighed loudly. “Fine, keep him.”

“You make it sound like I’m some kind of lost puppy,” Yongguk spoke up. He got surprised and shocked glances from the other three men, whilst CL’s gaze was unwavering.

“But you are, aren’t you?” she replied. “Now, the reason why I came. Minzy’s in some kind of trouble again.” With that, she turned around and walked through the door.

"Who exactly is she?" Yongguk wanted to know.

Zelo responded this time. "CL? She's our leader."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not dead yet! Yay!

I'm really sorry for the lack of updates and the overly quick progression of chapters, but I've got a lot to do with school and stuff and I might be moving to Russia and everything's really stressful and yeah. Don't hate me ^^"

And the pic of CL because she's awesome and badass and I didn't find another picture that fit :P and because she's the leader of Veritas and deserves her own picture.

I love you, my Pancakes :D