Murderers and Demons

Quaerimus veritatem [Hiatus]

Just listen to Pray for the next few chapters (I'm saying it here so I won't bother you by putting the link in front of every single chapter). Upcoming drama and stuff.

 

“Everyone looks peaceful while sleeping. You can’t see the fear, the stress, the bad things that happened to them.”

“Since when are you so philosophical?” Daehyun asked with a slightly amused smile.

Minzy sighed. “There’s been a lot of going on. I guess I was just looking for some way to stay calm.”

“Guys, it’s time. They’ll wake up once the sun rises.” Jongup did a hurrying gesture with his hand.

“Let’s do this.” Daehyun and Minzy held onto Jongup’s hands before disappearing and reappearing just outside the town.

“Good luck, you two. If anything happens, just contact us and we’ll be coming.”

“Teach the newbies how to use Telepathy today,” Minzy ordered. “They’ll need it. It looks like a fight will be nearly inevitable.”

Jongup nodded. “I’ll tell the others where you two are. Bye.” With that, he teleported back to the forest, just as the remaining members of Veritas woke up.

“Morning, Jonguppie.” Himchan stretched like a cat.

“I woke up a few minutes ago and noticed you were gone. And where are Minzy and Daehyun?” CL questioned and raised an eyebrow.

“Minzy and Daehyun decided to spy on the guards. We need to know what they know in order to continue. I brought them to the outskirts of the town. The two of them promised to stay in contact.”

“Alright.”

Zelo rubbed his eyes sleepily and waddled over to the few bits of berries, herbs and meat the Veritas members had gathered in the woods. “Who wants breakfast?”

“Me!” everyone shouted. Everyone, that is, except for CL. She smiled and shook her head.

“But you need to eat, noona.” Zelo furrowed his brows.

“You can’t be the leader if you faint because you didn’t eat anything,” Jongup added.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine. I ate a lot last night, so it’s okay.” She cracked her knuckles. “I’ll go look if there are any guards around. Jongup and Zelo, can I count on you to teach what you can to those three?”

“Definitely,” Zelo replied with a wide smile. None of the males noticed the tinge of sadness in their leader’s voice, nor how quickly she left, quicker than needed.

When CL was sure no one could see her anymore, she dropped to the ground, breathing heavily. It was back. She had fought it before, but now she had no way of doing so. The dark demons slipping into her mind and her heart, taking over the last bits of happiness she had. Depression in Isreínum was different from Earth. They were literal demons that snuck into your soul and devoured it until you were nothing. Unlike Earth, here the only way out was to die, but for CL death was never an option. After all she had the power of resurrection. She was going to be strong for Veritas. For Minzy.

 

“I’m worried about CL unnie,” the young woman stated suddenly.

Daehyun turned to her. “Why?”

“Her thoughts are drifting away. I can reach for everyone’s mind but her’s.”

“I don’t think there’s anything seriously wrong with her. We’d know otherwise. And now be quiet, Minzy. We’re going in, okay?” When she nodded in approval, Daehyun placed his hand on her shoulder and the two of them faded until they couldn’t be seen anymore.

“There is a hidden entrance in the castle’s garden. That’s where we need to head to,” Minzy explained.

“Let’s do this.”

 

“You got it, hyung!” Zelo exclaimed happily. Jongup was teaching Youngjae and Himchan whilst the maknae took care of his favorite hyung.

Finally, Yongguk laughed in his mind.

I’m proud of you, hyung. Now we can talk whenever we want.

The older of the two ruffled Zelo’s blonde curly hair. So, ready to tell me all your secrets?

Zelo let out a loud laugh that made Yongguk feel warm inside. “You already know everything about me.”

“Who else does?”

“The other members know about my parents, but not about my siblings or the picture.” The maknae bit his lip. “That’s only for you and me to know. Our secret.”

“And we’ll keep it that way until there’s absolutely no other way out, okay Jello?”

“Definitely.”

 

“Minzy?” Daehyun asked worriedly as the young woman fell to her knees next to him. “Minzy, what’s wrong?”

“Them,” she replied with a breathy voice. “Those two men. They’re professional killers. They use both weapons and spells, and…”

“And?”

“They were the ones who killed my parents.” Daehyun’s eyes widened at her words and he turned to look at the men. They were well built, yet not so much that it was clear who they worked for. With his mind, he tried reaching out to them, but failed. They were clearly experts. A wall of monotone thoughts protected their minds from being read.

“,” he murmured. “They’re good.”

“We should go back and report this to unnie. She’ll want to know.”

Daehyun nodded. “I’ll tell Jongup.” Can you come and bring us back?

Sure. I’ll just tell Himchan and Youngjae where I’m going.

Hurry, please. I’m worried about Minzy’s condition.

Why?

We’ll tell you when you come here.

Fine. Jongup turned to his “students”. “I have to go pick up Daehyun and Minzy. I think we’re done with our lesson anyways, though. You guys are getting really good at this.”

Thanks, Jonguppie-puppy. Himchan grinned at the younger.

 

“So, Mingkki, what did you observe?” CL had returned to them and tried to hide her current condition as best as she could.

“There were two men. They were the same men that…” Minzy couldn’t continue.

Daehyun smiled sadly and took over for her. “They were the same men that killed her parents years ago.”

What?” The leader was shocked.

“Noona…” Zelo whispered and put his hand on Minzy’s arm. “Noona, don’t cry.”

“I don’t cry, Jello-yah. I get angry and frustrated, but I never cry.”

“Mingkki.” CL’s face was stern.

“I need some time alone. Don’t worry; I won’t jump off a cliff or anything. I’ll be back by tomorrow… promised.”

“Alright then. But Minzy… stay safe.” Minzy nodded at her unnie’s words and left the group.

---------------------------------------------------

I really don't have anything to say.

I will gladly accept all comments?

I don't own any images in this story, by the way. I just find them on tumblr.

I love you, my dear Pancakes ^^